PDA

View Full Version : cops

12V
01-23-2003, 02:34 AM
I was driving with a buddy, friday night, about 9, down 16th and turned on 68th and pulled into the Petro in montery, these two cops followed me all the way from 36 th watched me get gas, pay etc. followed me out and then for another atleast 10 min, after that, just waiting for any reason to pull me over. finaly they pulled me over came up to the window told me and my friend to get out. made me stand with my hands on the trunk and my friend with his hands behind his head on his knees on the ground. they searched my whole car, trunk everything. They wouldn't even tell me why they pulled me over. after all this one of them asked for my liscence / registration. then they called a tow truck and towed away my car and gave me close to $3000 in tickets, 1 for no insurance ,1 for no registration, 1 for liscence plate. anyways I just bought the car still had insurance on my old car, registered plates etc. (you know the 14 days thing) I fought the tickets in court and won no problem, the judge even said the cops shouldn't have given me the tickets. I still had to pay for the towing, impounding fees, find alternate trans. and for what cause some asshole cop was on a power trip?

I've got another one too, this ones even better:
I was coming out of this gas station outside of town in Langdon there was no stop sign on the way out of the gas station. I pulled out as normal, this cop pulls me over for running the stop sign. ...there was NO stop sign! the cop even said to me when he walked up to the car "You ran that stop sign coming out of the gas station" I told him there was no stop sign, he must of thought i was being a smart ass, this started a bit of an arguement. he gave me the ticket anyway and wrote on it that i was on glenmore (the main road next to the gas station) and that I went through the stop sign at the intersection instead of the gas station. fuckin asshole. i took it to court and everything, he stood there right in front of the judge and lied, and also made me look like the liar. I lost too. Bastard.:banghead:

redline_13000
01-23-2003, 02:39 AM
i know how u feel man:thumbsdow

CVPP
01-23-2003, 08:20 AM
I totally understand what you are saying....my story...I was coming down a busier road where there was a three way stop sign. The whole semi-intersection was being worked on so they had a flagger waiving people through the stop sign as not to hinder traffic. So I went through the stop sign and the cop pulled a U-turn and gave me a ticket...I tried to tell him but it only made him worse and my eyes where all blood shot it was like frieken 7 in the morning and it was coming from an alnight event so anyway I took it to court and won the cop was pissed to because he had to go to court and said nothing in front of the judge but called me a punk later on because I won....what a pig!

air_mikey
01-23-2003, 02:45 PM
it seems like they just want to do this shit just cuz they can. ive heard many stories of cops following ppl around waiting for a reason to pull them over. stupid pigs.

mrmattyk
01-23-2003, 03:01 PM
You should learn your rights, they weren't supposed to do half of that stuff without a warrant, probable cause or your verbal consent.

hinggu
01-23-2003, 03:01 PM
yeah, the cops are pretty fuken stupid. I get followed all the time. thank god I have never been pulled over, but I mean, having a cop follow you for like 20 mins is nerve racking

mrmattyk
01-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by hinggu
yeah, the cops are pretty fuken stupid. I get followed all the time. thank god I have never been pulled over, but I mean, having a cop follow you for like 20 mins is nerve racking

Try getting your plate changed. They could be preventing crimes, but instead they think it's better to give you pointless tickets.

Hakkola
01-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I've been followed a lot, lawsuit against city???

hinggu
01-23-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Yeah, I've been followed a lot, lawsuit against city???
hey if you can put it together, I am definitely in LOL

CrAzY_PLaYa
01-23-2003, 03:10 PM
Cops r gay.. but some r cool..once my parents were driving around..then this cop followed em from 8th Aveenue to Memorial..then they stop there to get a number off a car which was for sale..while they were parked the cop turns on his lights and comes up to the car and gives em seat-belt tickets..my dad took it to court and the cut the ticket to half price...

They follow you so if you make a another mistake they give u a bigger ticket..

Also, my friend got a u-turn ticket, he went to pay it and the cop didnt submit his ticket to court..the judge told my friend he dint have to do anything

hinggu
01-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa
my dad took it to court and the cut the ticket to half price...

Also, my friend got a u-turn ticket, he went to pay it and the cop didnt submit his ticket to court..the judge told my friend he dint have to do anything

The guy who your dad talked to was probably the first attendant prosecutor. I am sure almost everyone has seen him once. He usually does do something for you. I had the points on one speeding ticket removed for me. I think by cutting the price in half, it makes you more likely to pay for it so the cops just get money

And yeah, my buddies friend had a speeding ticket where the cop didn't submit the ticket so he got off free!

Dr. Evil
01-23-2003, 03:25 PM
lawsuit against city???
I say that a lawsuit is in order:thumbsup:

No need for this type of harrasment by the cops that are supposed to be keeping the peace. Is there something about your car that stands out? Maybe they are discriminating against you :guns:

hinggu
01-23-2003, 03:31 PM
I use to drive a Geo Metro and they would follow me. Hmm.. wonder why. They follow me more now that I drive a car with exhaust!

12V
01-23-2003, 03:53 PM
i think cops should spend more time fighting real crime, and less time giving out pointless tickets, harrassing people for no reason, following people til the screw up etc.
...if they see some one breaking the law fine pull em over, but don't just pick a target and follow him till he fucks up.
...there are so many other issues that need police attention, but are neglected due to useless pigs wasting there time and ours.

bksze
01-23-2003, 03:56 PM
well if you're not doing anything wrong then why does it matter if you're being followed or not?

besides, like mrmattyk said, learn your rights and tell them no, the next time they ask to search your car . . .

B17a
01-23-2003, 04:04 PM
You guys are really convinced that cops have nothing better to do all day then follow around young people in cars do you? Oh well. If that's the narrow minded view you want to take, don't complain when the cops don't pull over the punk who stole your car because he's not allowed to pull over anyone without having committed a major crime first.

mrmattyk
01-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by B17a
You guys are really convinced that cops have nothing better to do all day then follow around young people in cars do you? Oh well. If that's the narrow minded view you want to take, don't complain when the cops don't pull over the punk who stole your car because he's not allowed to pull over anyone without having committed a major crime first.

I disagree. They can scan your plates and check if the vehicle is stolen. If you look suspicious they should pull you over and question you immediatley. They shouldn't be allowed to follow you around for 20 minutes.

B17a
01-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

I disagree. They can scan your plates and check if the vehicle is stolen. If you look suspicious they should pull you over and question you immediatley. They shouldn't be allowed to follow you around for 20 minutes.

I hear ya. But I gotta figure they follow you for a reason. Reason I say this is either I drive in non-cop areas and/or I don't do anything to draw attention to myself because I've never in 9 years of driving been followed or pulled over for no reason.:dunno:

Aleks
01-23-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 12V
I was driving with a buddy, friday night, about 9, down 16th and turned on 68th and pulled into the Petro in montery, these two cops followed me all the way from 36 th watched me get gas, pay etc. followed me out and then for another atleast 10 min, after that, just waiting for any reason to pull me over. finaly they pulled me over came up to the window told me and my friend to get out. made me stand with my hands on the trunk and my friend with his hands behind his head on his knees on the ground. they searched my whole car, trunk everything. They wouldn't even tell me why they pulled me over. after all this one of them asked for my liscence / registration. then they called a tow truck and towed away my car and gave me close to $3000 in tickets, 1 for no insurance ,1 for no registration, 1 for liscence plate. anyways I just bought the car still had insurance on my old car, registered plates etc. (you know the 14 days thing) I fought the tickets in court and won no problem, the judge even said the cops shouldn't have given me the tickets. I still had to pay for the towing, impounding fees, find alternate trans. and for what cause some asshole cop was on a power trip?

I've got another one too, this ones even better:
I was coming out of this gas station outside of town in Langdon there was no stop sign on the way out of the gas station. I pulled out as normal, this cop pulls me over for running the stop sign. ...there was NO stop sign! the cop even said to me when he walked up to the car "You ran that stop sign coming out of the gas station" I told him there was no stop sign, he must of thought i was being a smart ass, this started a bit of an arguement. he gave me the ticket anyway and wrote on it that i was on glenmore (the main road next to the gas station) and that I went through the stop sign at the intersection instead of the gas station. fuckin asshole. i took it to court and everything, he stood there right in front of the judge and lied, and also made me look like the liar. I lost too. Bastard.:banghead:

You realize that coming out of any parking lot you have to make a full stop before pulling out onto the street. Parking lot exits are treated as stop signs. I know noone does it including me but that IS the rule and if a cop is an ass he'll give you a ticket for it.

DSM Power
01-23-2003, 09:24 PM
Ah such brilliance... if you're not doing anything wrong then why are you worried? :confused:

Hakkola
01-23-2003, 09:36 PM
Hey I been taking law classes, I can go through the book and put some stuff together, a class action suite would make it easy to win, unfortunately that's difficult to put together outside of Ontario and B.C, I'd have to look into it.

Honestly it's getting rediculous, I've been hassled so many times, now add together all the other peoples problems from this site alone...

I'm not really in favor of suing people but hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Hakkola
01-23-2003, 09:38 PM

And yeah, my buddies friend had a speeding ticket where the cop didn't submit the ticket so he got off free!

That's happened to me once too, the only good thing that's ever happened, I don't think he should have even pulled me over in the first place.

Hey, I've been worried when cops just follow me around when I'm not doing anything wrong, they're in a position of power and could rape me up the ass even if I don't really do anything wrong, I've had cops stare me down, have had 3 different cop cars follow me within a span of a couple minutes, and I've had cops go pretty out of their way to follow me.

One one hand it's good to have them check the plates because if my car ever got stolen I know they're looking out, so when they come behind me to check the plates I don't mind, but when one or several cop cars are clearly following it really annoys me.

hinggu
01-23-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power

Ah such brilliance... if you're not doing anything wrong then why are you worried? :confused:
Well, it's not like I am doing anything wrong. But having someone following you to wait for a stupid traffic mistake kinda sucks. I mean, I always get worried and tend to try too hard to follow all the rules. Does anyone know what I mean?

Hakkola
01-24-2003, 02:31 PM
I know exactly what you mean, puts you into an entirely different mind set, it's like the difference between taking a quiz and taking a final exam, there's nervousness even though the two aren't that much different.

Hollywood
01-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by bksze
well if you're not doing anything wrong then why does it matter if you're being followed or not?

besides, like mrmattyk said, learn your rights and tell them no, the next time they ask to search your car . . .

In the moment the cops will ignore your rights, and will be aggresive if you try to tell them other wise. I'm sure there will be people that will back me up on this. Cops have the habit of bending rules and getting away with it. Now I carry a personal recorder on me for when I get pulled over. Nothing like a cop yelling at you, harrassing you and taking advantage of your rights on TAPE!

I will not let them harrass me again and get away with it!

fast95pony
01-24-2003, 06:14 PM
I've actually thought the cops in Calgary were okay.I've had a few encounters while driving the Stang a little passed the speed limit and they just waved at me to slow down. I've been lucky too,where they pull over the car in front of me...

Perhaps it's my age (41) . When are you been pulled over ?? Is it late at night ?? Are you young/new driver or of a certain race .Do your cars stand out ?? 5gluder noticed I have V6 fender badges. I prefer the sleeper look .It attracts less attention..;)

Perhaps some profiling is going on ??
(although the cops would NEVER admit that..)

If I noticed cops following me,I'd probably pull into a 7-11 and wait.At least you would not give them any more possible reasons to pull you over..

Alan

___2PaC___
01-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

Now I carry a personal recorder on me for when I get pulled over. Nothing like a cop yelling at you, harrassing you and taking advantage of your rights on TAPE!

I will not let them harrass me again and get away with it!

:werd:

I was considering liek a lil mini cam, but thats very expensive, but a tape recorder is all you need, unless the write a ticket to somethin you didnt do, then you cant actually prove that....unless they speak...

VWhooligan
01-24-2003, 07:44 PM
i was doing 140 down deerfoot and the cop pulled me over and i was polite so he gave me a ticket for 110. and told me to slow down

Hollywood
01-25-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by ___2PaC___

:werd:

I was considering liek a lil mini cam, but thats very expensive, but a tape recorder is all you need, unless the write a ticket to somethin you didnt do, then you cant actually prove that....unless they speak...

The easy part is they all ways speak!

I'm not saying all cops are bad, but some have the "chip on the shoulder syndrome" (this was quoted to me by an older cop). It's the early part in the cops career.

Hakkola
01-25-2003, 02:17 AM
I'm white and get bothered, it's not just profiling, and it doesn't always happen late at night, actually 2 of the 5 times have been broad day light, 1 of which was ok and just a routine plate check.

I vid cam or something is great, but i think you have to let them know if you're recording a convo with a tape recorder.

Hollywood
01-25-2003, 12:14 PM
I vid cam or something is great, but i think you have to let them know if you're recording a convo with a tape recorder.

If they were setting you up they are not going to tell you they have a tape recorder.

MistaBrent
01-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by bksze

You obviously haven't been followed. When a cop keeps following me I can't pay attention. I am constantly looking behind me and trying to make sure im doing everything right. It is hell, one mistake and they will pull u over.

:guns:

___2PaC___
01-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

The easy part is they all ways speak!

I'm not saying all cops are bad, but some have the "chip on the shoulder syndrome" (this was quoted to me by an older cop). It's the early part in the cops career.

Yea, I know watcha mean, the yonger cops think they can do whatever they want cause they are COPS, but not all of them...

van
01-29-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by 12V
I was driving with a buddy, friday night, about 9, down 16th and turned on 68th and pulled into the Petro in montery, these two cops followed me all the way from 36 th watched me get gas, pay etc. followed me out and then for another atleast 10 min, after that, just waiting for any reason to pull me over.

along 68th street this always happens to me. usually up near coral springs. they always go down 64th ave and follow me onto 68th st past about 32nd ave and then u-turn and go back the other direction.

one time going down 64th ave the cop was in the opposite direction and purposely u-turned just to follow me and do a plate check which licked balls.

it's true, even if you don't do anything it's just a big hassle to get pulled over or have a cop follow you. its hard to concentrate knowing for a fact they are likely to pull you over. its just a big hassle that doesn't need to be made.

eightfive
02-04-2003, 09:49 PM
cops are aimming for the young asian kids with mod cars...i know it sounds bias...buuutt...it's true....even if u have registred plates e.t.c....seeing that u have that long bangs or spikey hair, earring e.t.c....they think u must be "bad." Also, you do get pulled over if the cops do not meet their quota on that day....they are seiorusly pigs and have total power...anwyays...bye