PDA

View Full Version : South Korea Police Brutality

heinz256
07-07-2005, 04:12 AM
http://dolby.dyndns.org/upfoo/mov/1111677575718.wmv

About 500 ageing former spies have clashed with riot police in the South Korean capital, Seoul, during a protest over compensation claims. The men, most of whom are in their 60s, say that as secret agents they were sent on highly dangerous infiltration missions to North Korea following the Korean war.

They say they never received the recognition or compensation promised by the government for their work.

The demonstrators used domestic gas cylinders as improvised flame throwers as they fought running battles with the police.

A government official declined to confirm or deny that spies were ever sent to North Korea.

Correspondents say hundreds of South Korean secret agents were killed, and more than 4,000 are still missing, after being sent to Communist North Korea when the war ended in 1953.

The former spies, dressed in black uniforms, fought about 1,000 police with metal sticks and gas canisters, which they set fire to and used as makeshift flame throwers.

The protesters, many wearing red, blue and yellow headbands with "sent to North Korea on spy mission" written on them, shouted "we demand an apology and compensation".

The riot police were forced to retreat behind their shields until a fire truck moved in to douse the flames from the burning gas canisters.

According to AFP, once demonstrator had to be hospitalised after slashing himself with a knife in the protest.

'Broken promises'

Security forces prevented the demonstrators from marching toward nearby government buildings.

The former operatives are demanding that the government pay the cash bonuses, housing and other incentives that the government allegedly promised them in return for infiltrating North Korea between 1953 and the early 1970s.

"We could not speak out under duress under past governments. We can no longer remain silent on our forgotten past," said 65-year-old Lee Dong-an, who said he was sent to North Korea in 1967.

Last year, the National Assembly adopted a law to compensate the families of spies who had been killed or wounded in action.

Under the new law they are entitled to claim up to 100m won ($77,000), plus a monthly payment of 670,000 won ($515), but no compensation has been offered to those who returned unhurt.

Government officials said many of the spies received compensation paid at the end of their missions, something the former spies deny.

Experts say thousands of operatives were sent over the border to spy on the North following the civil war.

Of those about 300 were killed and more than 4,000 are still listed as missing, officials say.

snowboard
07-07-2005, 04:48 AM
AND people complain about the CPS.

those are so pissed of mother fuckers! they beat the hell outta the dudes and then set there heads on soft shirts while there twitching. thats seriously some sick shit.

But honestly those guys are crazy, io wonder what there striking for?

tapout
07-07-2005, 06:02 AM
thats crazy:eek:

legendboy
07-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Jesus christ

DJ Lazy
07-07-2005, 09:01 AM
WTF... :eek: That is fucked up

Xtrema
07-07-2005, 09:10 AM
South Korean are known for their hot temper. They'll riot on anything.

duffspec
07-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Get' em.... their from the north:nut:

Z_Fan
07-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Crazy. :nut: Brutal. :guns: Makes you wonder. :confused:

dcoultis
07-07-2005, 10:07 AM
I can see why the imperialistic powers of the 1800s wanted to colonize everyone..... their cultures were and still are, just fucked right up.

LUDELVR
07-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Dude, that was me last week when they ran outta Kim Chi!!!:eek: :eek:

But seriously, makes me want to throw a bomb into the crowd!!

civic_stylez
07-07-2005, 10:22 AM
that is insane! the one guy that got hit square in the face with the shield look like he was dead....i couldnt imagine seeing that happen in my city. makes you feel fortunate to live where you do.

bspot
07-07-2005, 11:35 AM
A quote from my Korean friend that I sent this link too:

Those cops are normal people like me. In South Korea males have to serve 3 years of mandatory social service (army, riot cops, post office, etc). People riot over anything in Korea..

Impreza
07-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Holy Jesus of Nazareth!! :eek:

GQBalla
07-07-2005, 09:39 PM
wow crazy i wonder what north korea is like?

dooman24
07-07-2005, 10:53 PM
seems like those cops don't have any mercy... just want to freakin hit anybody.. just.. crazy..

FiveFreshFish
07-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
they beat the hell outta the dudes and then set there heads on soft shirts while there twitching.

That poor bastard's got a brain injury.

Xtrema
07-08-2005, 12:53 AM
But seriously, riot happens almost every other month there. You'll think they'll have develop lots of non lethal crowd dispersion method by now.

quiksilver_182
07-08-2005, 09:42 AM
So its legal for the cops to do all that over their?

403Gemini
07-08-2005, 11:05 AM
I could see calling in riot police to suppress a riot, or hold a perimiter, or force it back... but to blatantly be killing somebody who is unarmed with their hands on their head while they're laying on the ground, what the FUCK is that?! that video angered me more than anything. i cant believe that bullshit. the few guys they pushed their shields into near the end werent even fighting them, only standing infront of them. so what the fuck?!

talk about a superiority complex!

Weapon_R
07-08-2005, 11:08 AM
The obvious solution would be not to riot over every little thing. It's countries like ours thats fucked up when a crowd of people can destroy a city block while riot police just sit and watch, or shoot canisters at them.

rice_eater
07-08-2005, 11:14 AM
are you shitting me?? its a freaking riot what do you expect the cops to do? ask them to sit the fuck down???? that CLIP only shows CLIPS from the fights anyways. if demonstrators are making flame throwers you better beat them down and end the confrontation then and there... besides, you can see in a couple of the clips, very clearly around minute 1:02 when they heard them on the bus, one cop tries to smack one of the protesters in the head and the cop next to him grabs him and makes him stop.... i think this is just a load of crappy made propaganda

and besides, what country will openly admit to having sent thousands of spies to a country they are still in conflict with. we all know that secretly all countries do it, but again...SECRETLY. that's like openly admiting that you violated the borders of anohter country and i'm sure North Korea is looking for the first excuse to bust out their nuke.

403Gemini
07-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
are you shitting me?? its a freaking riot what do you expect the cops to do? ask them to sit the fuck down???? that CLIP only shows CLIPS from the fights anyways. if demonstrators are making flame throwers you better beat them down and end the confrontation then and there... besides, you can see in a couple of the clips, very clearly around minute 1:02 when they heard them on the bus, one cop tries to smack one of the protesters in the head and the cop next to him grabs him and makes him stop.... i think this is just a load of crappy made propaganda

yea thats what i was thinkin, like most videos of... well anything, it only shows the bias, but still that one part where those dudes are just sitting there and the police move in, that was a tad excessive.

i think for rioter's showing aggressive action, just break out the guns with rubber bullets ;)

Zephyr
07-09-2005, 02:00 AM
iono its hard to tell from that video because it only captures one side. but you think riots start so often they have different methods of containment. my gf told me about this since shes korean, iono its kinda sad to see how fucked up the world is and how people really sweat the small stuff these days..

JAYMEZ
07-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Holy shit , after watching this , it really pisses me off that I cant do anything about it.. And watching that would guy get the shield to the head , then him dieing , holy shit...

But , from the police point of view , they are also being attacked...

Damn , thank god that doesnt happen here.

Wildcat
07-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
wow crazy i wonder what north korea is like?

they just systematically kill you in north korea.

Chiggles
07-09-2005, 03:12 PM
:eek: Worst example in the clip: time index 6:44... when the guy in the orange vest gets smoked by a shield from point blank.... seriously, WTF??? :guns: :guns: :guns: Words can't describe how inappropriate and unnecessary that was.

403Gemini
07-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Chiggles
:eek: Worst example in the clip: time index 6:44... when the guy in the orange vest gets smoked by a shield from point blank.... seriously, WTF??? :guns: :guns: :guns: Words can't describe how inappropriate and unnecessary that was.

yea him and the dude after him who gets hit in the throat and you later see him laying there with a pile of blood just pooring out of him.

90Tegra
07-09-2005, 06:02 PM
wow that was some sick shit. I SERIOUSLY WISH I HAD A MACHINE GUN THAT NEVER RAN OUT OF AMO AND WENT RIGHT THERE AND SHOT THE SHIT OUT OF ALL THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS.

Why fuckin 1000, against 5 people beating the shit out of em u fuckin pussy ass bastards.
excuse my language but i feel like flying to korea right now and omggg

Wildcat
07-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by 90Tegra
Why fuckin 1000, against 5 people beating the shit out of em u fuckin pussy ass bastards.

tis the asian way...

240droptop
07-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Its seems a bit one sided towards the cops however at the end there it looks like a bunch of rioters are pilled there and there just standing there beating them????

sCream
07-09-2005, 07:13 PM
This video makes me sick to my stomach, and im extremely embarassed and depressed to be the same race as those Riot Police.

With every video you see, you must obviously take in to account how it could be biased or one sided. However, looking at some of those clips.. especially the last 1 minute where a whole street filled of police are absolutely beating on a defenceless maybe 10 people, you cant think much of those heartless riot police.
Have some god damn fucking respect for your elders, thats all i have to say. I feel disgusted.

GSR_aaron
07-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
South Korean are known for their hot temper. They'll riot on anything.

haha but I am not so hot. u guys know that.. :D

nvrjj
07-23-2005, 03:05 PM
take it from a korean, this shit was simply cruel what they done. but i side with the both of em....
but what really touched my heart is when those koreans are resting on the ground 3:29, and they drag this one dude into the shields and all u see are movements on the feet stomping down...also at 4:00 when those 3 guys gets beated the shit out of em, the guy in the middle in krn yells "fucking bitches, kill us u son of bitches, fucking kill us!!" and like he has no fear of them....
thats determentation and that really made me think....

but the police are doign their job....i mean theyre getting attacked, this video, like every1 said, sides one side...the rioters. u dont see the police point of view....im not saying that this was right, but they had the right to self defence...its just that they took it out of hand...but its in our blood to get pissed off easily....

ALSO if u look around 4-4:50, the police are actually helping the rioters,,,, but 4:50-5 this fucking faggot thinking he is cool smacks this guy...not all of the riot squad is cruel, they all have hearts and they feel bad, but some faggots like him is just patheic

this video really made me think how fucked up korea is getting...

i actually seen a riot happened in front of my eyes when i was 4 years old. it wasnt a BIG one but it was a riot. the police of course hit sum of them. but they didnt jump on em....

and also the dude who asked how crazy north korea is
north korea can suck my fucking nuts,
if ppl riot, they'll send their military and just mow u down, they dont deal with that shit

guys i have korean pride, and i love korea, dont think korea is a shitty place because its not. its a wonderful place. but its just the way of korean tradition that this events took place.
many parts of this world, they do somthing much worse, theyll just kill u. even thoo some ppl were killed in these riots, majority of them just got injured. like i said many parts they do somthing much worse then what u see. it just so happens this one was taped and the other riots that goes on the world wasnt.

TheBenzo
07-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Jesus christ that broke my heart

B17a
07-27-2005, 04:12 PM
That's the kind of riot police they need at the G8 summit to take care of the handful of punk who are intent on only causing maximum destruction.

Chandler_Racing
07-27-2005, 04:50 PM
I completely support the use of force if they feel threatened or it was neccesary, but some of those people were laying on the ground in protest or whatever it may be and were beatin within an inch of their life no questions asked. Many of the attacks in that clip were unquestionably excessive and cowardly.

I only hope that the people who particapte in the heartless beatings of the people who posed no threat, will in time know what it feels like and have it done to them

Hakkola
07-27-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm suprised no body has commented on the fact that these people risked their lives for their country, and were promised something in return and the gov't turned their backs on them, if anything is worthy of rioting, I think that is.

However, if I was an officer and they attacked me they'd get it, only if they posed a threat though.

Seanith
07-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Can someone rehost/send a new link for this? Looks like its down..

Redlyne_mr2
07-28-2005, 11:05 PM
All it would take is a few dozen Canadian soldiers and those 4 foot tall pansy ass police would all be on the ground crying.