PDA

View Full Version : Need german translation: 99 red balloons.

schurchill39
07-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Well i have been listening to this song non stop but cant figure out what the german part says. I tried free translations but thats all fucked. Any one speek german that might beable to translate it? Its talking about war in this part i am pretty sure:

99 kriegsminister
Streichholz und benzinkanister
Hielten sich fuer schlaue leute
Witterten schon fette beute
Riefen: krieg und wollten macht
Mann, wer haette das gedacht
Dass es einmal soweit kommt
Wegen 99 luftballons

If you have the full version of the song by goldfinger let me know too... the version i have doesnt have the last verse

Official Hoser
07-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Aw, man, now I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day...:nut:

dips87
07-07-2005, 12:16 PM
99 war Ministers match and gasoline can held themselves for smart people Witterten already grease hive scoring: and it wanted war makes man, who would have that meant that it once so far comes ways 99 ballons

FiveFreshFish
07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
If you have the full version of the song by goldfinger let me know too... the version i have doesnt have the last verse
Pretty sure I have it. I'll check when I get home this afternoon.

schurchill39
07-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by dips87
99 war Ministers match and gasoline can held themselves for smart people Witterten already grease hive scoring: and it wanted war makes man, who would have that meant that it once so far comes ways 99 ballons

Wow that makes very little sense.

bundi
07-07-2005, 08:06 PM
thats Germans for ya! :P

I'm surprised there isn't a fully translated version.

FiveFreshFish
07-07-2005, 10:43 PM
I have the full version. It's 3:48 long.

Nissanaddict
07-08-2005, 12:32 AM
The whole original German song is about war I believe.

http://www.inthe80s.com/redger3.shtml

There ya go. And the Nena version is tons better (in german). It's so 80s pop. Haha....and I hate goldfinger for the most part (xcept for the song superman)

EDIT - And the only mistake I see, is I BELIEVE that luftballons is actually air balloons. I could check on that.

FiveFreshFish
07-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
http://www.inthe80s.com/redger3.shtml

There ya go. And the Nena version is tons better (in german).

Thanks for the link. I like the Nena version best.

hockeybronx
07-12-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by schurchill39
99 kriegsminister
Streichholz und benzinkanister
Hielten sich fuer schlaue leute
Witterten schon fette beute
Riefen: krieg und wollten macht
Mann, wer haette das gedacht
Dass es einmal soweit kommt
Wegen 99 luftballons

=

Originally posted by dips87

Wow I always wondered what that meant:nut: Takes me back to my highschool years.

Bucktown
07-12-2005, 04:26 PM
isnt this song about a small town that released a bunch of ballons in protest to something, and the german government thought it was ufo's and bombed the entire town into the ground?

cant remember who told me that....

hockeybronx
07-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
isnt this song about a small town that released a bunch of ballons in protest to something, and the german government thought it was ufo's and bombed the entire town into the ground?

cant remember who told me that....

I'd say that's probably a bit of a stretch of the truth.:nut: Then again I guess worse things have happened.:nut: