PDA

View Full Version : What should I do with the car?

CanadianFC
07-07-2005, 12:13 PM

jvillain
07-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Every once in a while you end up with a car that just isn't a match for you. The Jetta I once owned was like that. If you don't love it now it ain't gonna get any better with time. You always like a car more when you buy it than you do later on. If you didn't you wouldn't have bought it.

These cars aren't really for the faint of heart either. I truely beleive that in order to get the most out of these cars you have to have some thing that just makes this THE car for you. For me it is the performance. For others it may be the look. It is never going to be the towing capacity, seats 8, or any other things like that with these cars.

If you aren't driven to own it I would say it is time to find it a good home.

ApexDrift
07-07-2005, 01:34 PM
your first mistake was selling your FC:thumbsdow ..... haha jk

maybe you and the 2 arnt suppossed to be, ive considered selling my 7 a hand full of times but i know that whatever car i buy after just wont give me the same excitment that only the 7 could offer :dunno: just give the car another shot and who knows it might grow on you!

nookmumracing
07-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Yo Koi,

I was wondering the exact same thing with you (where are you) I havn't heard about the car or what happened. The car is a awesome car but it takes a lot of maintenance to keep it running. I realized that when I bought it and I excepted that. I contemplated selling it for the longest time and finally I did. I regret it sometimes especially when I see pics or vids or see you driving in it or when people tell me they saw it. It sounds like your ride is going to be pimp. I would love to see what it will look like when its done.but do whats best for you....

Tell me how it goes, what happened with the tranny?

CanadianFC
07-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Apex

I actually miss the FC alot. I know the new owner is taking good care of it though, even though he did blow the engine on the dyno, apparently it made 245whp before it went pop. In some aspects that car was nicer to drive than the 2.

Shuichi

I got the tranny flushed and got new GL3 fluid replaced, it's been fine since then, shifts much smoother now. I think I just hit a part of my life where I think modifying cars are a waste of money and I should have invested in something else. You probably got to this resolution as well. I'll see what happens after I get the wheels, that should probably give me more appreciation for the car with the correct stance on it and then maybe I'll decide on whether or not I should sell it or keep it.

red99600
07-07-2005, 11:07 PM
what kind of wheels did you get?

thinmyster
07-08-2005, 12:08 AM
let me know if you wanna get rid of your sides :D
and with all the attention i get there has been no break-in attempts (knock on wood)
maybe because its N/A?:confused: :confused: :burnout: :burnout:

Redlyne_mr2
07-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Hey Khoi, looks like you've edited your post so Im assuming you want to keep the car. To own an mr2 you have to dedicate yourself to it entirely. You have to not give a damn about what parts cost and you have to spend every free minute of your life learning about the car. If you're not willing to do this then the mr2 isnt for you. I would do almost anything to keep my mr2, I am totally obsessed with the car. My 944 on the other hand doesnt really do anything for me which isnt good considering how much care that car needs as well lol. But yeah if you dont like attention the mr2 is not a good car to have. Thats why beaters aer nice for those days where you just want some peace and quite. Geez you would think we all drove f50s the way were talking. Dont forget to keep me in mind if you decide to sell that spoiler and lip.

BokCh0y
07-11-2005, 01:39 PM
personally i love mr2's. i used to have an 87 with the t-roof. I spent countless hours researching about the engine, tranny, differences from year to year, searching for parts and upgrades. i loved the looks i got driving it with the t-roof open. i loved the way it drove and handled. car was a real head turner - not as much of a head turner as yours but still it was pimp. damn i miss my aw11. only reason i had to let mine go was cuz of the damn wife. honestly if i could mulligen that day i woulda sold that biatch instead of the car.

i 100% agree with redlyne and his thoughts.......

thinmyster
07-12-2005, 12:10 AM
tis true.. we need a meet before my car goes back in storage it is in severe need of about 5g in upgrades!!!!