PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy Quiksilver and surfer gear in Calgary?

Speed_RaSiR
07-08-2005, 10:03 PM
I just got back from Hawaii and that shit is everywhere there, where can I buy it here?

kaput
07-08-2005, 10:08 PM

chris
07-08-2005, 10:11 PM
red nik surfing by glenmore audi, are you looking for actual surf gear or just clothes and stuff?

wildrice
07-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by kaput
There is (or use to be anyways) a place like that in eau claire, but I can't remember what its called.

extreme? yes it's still there.

KELSTAR
07-09-2005, 03:28 AM
urban trade or below the belt... west 49... extreme

SikAssR1
07-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Hyper-Active Watersports, on EDmonton Trail

JAYMEZ
07-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Swimco has alot of server stuff you are looking for , i just went to mexico and got all my stuff there.

mo_virgin
07-09-2005, 11:45 AM
pshhh... the one at eau claire is called big swell... or was before i left. There is also frozen ocean on 17th ave across from western canada high school.

Speed_RaSiR
07-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by chris
red nik surfing by glenmore audi, are you looking for actual surf gear or just clothes and stuff?

Just shorts n tees

kaput
07-09-2005, 05:47 PM

izzoblitzo
07-09-2005, 06:02 PM
I think Chinook mall is getting a Quicksilver store? I think it's where the old Levi's store is.. or beside the Spare Parts store on the upper level. I think below the belt has stome quicksilver stuff too.. but not a whole lot.

no_joke
07-09-2005, 06:12 PM
You can pick up your wearable Quiksilver or Billabong advertisements at a bunch of stores in Market Mall at:

Urban Trade
Below the Belt
West49
Swimco

Both Quiksilver and Billabong make decent looking boardshorts but do they really have to plaster a huge logo that sweeps across the ass? And then have the audacity to charge $70 for the thing? Same thing goes for their shirts. They have nice colours, design and whatnot but then they throw in their logo which is so prominent that it just looks tacky. Both of these companies have nailed selling an image.

Sorry, that got a bit off-topic. I would just head up to Market Mall or downtown to grab that gear.

saiyajin
07-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
I think Chinook mall is getting a Quicksilver store? I think it's where the old Levi's store is.. or beside the Spare Parts store on the upper level. I think below the belt has stome quicksilver stuff too.. but not a whole lot.

ya i was at chinook today
they are opening one there so if you wait a bit there will be a store for you to go to

Speed_RaSiR
07-12-2005, 10:01 AM
If you just got back from hawaii, why didn't you buy some of the local stuff there? I'm sure they have more authentic surfwear there.

I need moar for teh summer time

Speed_RaSiR
07-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin

ya i was at chinook today
they are opening one there so if you wait a bit there will be a store for you to go to

Sweet, did it say when it was opening?

sputnik
07-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Volcom makes nice board shorts. They are available at any skate shop.

b_t
07-12-2005, 11:53 AM
If you just got back from hawaii, why didn't you buy some of the local stuff there? I'm sure they have more authentic surfwear there.

I just about died when I saw the Quiksilver store in Lahaina. I really like Quiksilver hats... but the black and navy one I bought (same style as the white I already had) went missing in transit between Hawaii and Calgary. fuckers.

Below the Belt usually has Quiksilver shirts and hats, but not so much in the way of board shorts.