PDA

View Full Version : Some Stampede Questions

soontobeped
07-08-2005, 10:26 PM
This is my first time in Calgary during this Stampede. . .so I have a few questions.

How much do the midway rides cost?
Are the free concerts worth going to or are they so packed you can barely see/hear anything?
Is it safe to carry things (purse) there or is that just asking for trouble?

Weapon_R
07-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Calgary is not the bronx, of course its safe to carry things with you. The question is do you really want to? You'll be seeing so many things, going on rides, etc, that you generally will want to hold as little as possible (cash, ID, and car keys mainly).

Free concerts are packed, but its better that way. You can see and hear everything, even if you get stuck in the back. Arrive earlier for best seating.

wildrice
07-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by soontobeped
This is my first time in Calgary during this Stampede. . .so I have a few questions.

How much do the midway rides cost?
Are the free concerts worth going to or are they so packed you can barely see/hear anything?
Is it safe to carry things (purse) there or is that just asking for trouble?

1) The amount of tickets is different for each ride. You can get an all day wrist band at the stampede for 35 bucks and that'll give u unlimited riding. Safeway had them for 23 bucks, but they're probably all sold out by now.

2) It's usually not too packed and even from way back you can still see the stage pretty good.

3) I don't think there's has been too many thefts at the stampede. But then again, you're going to a place w/ LOTS of ppl. I'd say bring at ur own risk.

Mad$ella
07-08-2005, 10:39 PM
The ride tickets have been explained and the concerts, but IMO dont carry too much with you there are some pick-pockets and I have been a victemized a couple years ago. its just better not to take the risk.

Wildcat
07-08-2005, 11:01 PM
dont go to the bars, youll be broke within minutes.

DJ Lazy
07-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
dont go to the bars, youll be broke within minutes.

:werd: ... they are getting bad, even when its not stampede... cost me $11.50 for a double rum and coke at the Whiskey last week @ Ferry Corsten.. :banghead:

GQBalla
07-09-2005, 12:11 AM
oh yeah bar inflation is crazy!! especially during stampede.....

ca2p3r
07-09-2005, 01:18 AM
i heard cowboys cover is rediculus during stampede

ryder_23
07-09-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
i heard cowboys cover is rediculus during stampede

yeah, they opened it up just for stampede way back, and just stuck with it.

Drove by it tonight, didnt seem overly busy for stampede week :dunno: Probably pick up in the next day or so.

colinderksen
07-09-2005, 04:18 AM
It was fucken packed at cowboys tonight and its only the first real day. 800 people in line at 11 am when I went in. And the tent was full and no one was getting in by 1pm. The door from tent to club was closed and people were bitching pretty bad.
$20 cover

Wildcat
07-09-2005, 01:49 PM
i went on thursday to cowboys, $15 cover and $6.25 shots. $200 later i had a good time...