PDA

View Full Version : Movie In The Park

soontobeped
07-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Did anyone go to this on Friday or Saturday? Just curious as to how crowded it was and such.

SiG Baby
07-10-2005, 10:28 AM
They have these in calgary...what park?

ecstasy_civic
07-10-2005, 11:18 AM
I went on Friday, it was a really cool idea, but WAY to many bugs and WAY too many glitches throughout the night.

We obviously werent prepared enough for the bugs lol
They give you a little radio that doesnt work, and your supposed to listen to the movie on 99.3 we saw Oceans 12.

We will go again, the crowds werent too terrible, its a cheap night out for something different.

Try it out but bring a few cans of insect repellant:thumbsup:

I think they're moving them to parks around the city, but this one was in West Hillhurst

soontobeped
07-10-2005, 02:49 PM
http://www.movieinthepark.ca

You get the movie, popcorn, and a radio for $6. Need to bring a chair, I think.

ecstasy, did most people have chairs or were they sitting on the ground with blankets?

ecstasy_civic
07-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Most people had chairs, near the end there was just alot of people on the ground, and you dont get popcorn:thumbsdow
I guess the guy showed up, bugs were too bad and he left lol

And if you can, bring your own stuff lol
The concession is stupid expensive, the radios dont work that well either, so they usually end up putting through the loud speakers anyways.

ecstasy_civic
07-10-2005, 03:02 PM
oh ya, and the movie didnt start until almost 10:50 lol so it was a late night, we left around midnight and the movie was about half done.

soontobeped
07-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Aww, well free bugs instead of popcorn then. ;) Maybe the next park will have less bugs.

ecstasy_civic
07-10-2005, 10:36 PM
I dont care, but im surveying the park before I get there lol