PDA

View Full Version : my WRX STi 3rd ever chop

ami2big
07-10-2005, 03:15 AM
heres my lates chop [3rd] to show... any critisism and hint for help would be appreciated:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and now my second try

BlkMaxima
07-10-2005, 03:23 AM
All I can say is take your time, really rough chop!

Edit*

Exhaust looks weird, Rims too big, cant see any tires, Rear bumper really blurry, Same with shave handles, fenders are choppy (not smooth!) Too much smudging for the most part!

ami2big
07-10-2005, 03:39 AM
ok...ill keep working!!! its now a WIP:guns:

ami2big
07-10-2005, 03:57 AM
and by the way...how do you shave stuff without it looking dodgy?:confused:

Porsche_GT3
07-10-2005, 04:01 AM
that looks pretty good, i love it how youve done the rims, they look soooo good... keep up the good work :thumbsup:

ami2big
07-10-2005, 04:58 AM
lol ok

ami2big
07-10-2005, 05:09 AM
:banghead: sorry about re-doing this lol
maybe i can finally show you my second attempt

BlkMaxima
07-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Still same things, wheel wells are a bit better, try using clone tool when shaving emblems, moldings, and handles!

StevieMo
07-10-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure how your doing your rims but something about them always seems a little off. When you do them try matching them up exactly to the old rims first, then slowly make them bigger. Unless its a side shot you shouldn't make the sides of the rims as big as the top or bottom to keep it in the right perspective. Do it all in one transformation though so it doesn't get blurry. Using the clone tool for shaving things like BlkMaxima said would help a lot too. One other thing, your selections are off quite a bit. the best way I find to select things is to use the jagged lasso tool so you can make it more accurate. If you need to back up a selection incase you made a mistake you can just press backspace. It's a lot easier than starting over completely. If you have any questions or want any more help you could add me to msn if you have it. [email protected].

ami2big
07-11-2005, 12:12 AM
how would i use the clone tool what do you meen...and im not a n00b if ur thinking that lol i just am getting used to chopping ;)

blue_neons
07-11-2005, 03:02 AM
I think its like copying a lil bit of the car bout the same size as the handle , copy/paste it n move it over... if u can still c a square or watever shape u copied it then jus get a bursh (not too big) n go over the endges of it, n also if u want a really good clean effect, change the opacity of the brush to like 10/20px n do it that way.... its best when brushing to try n do as least as possible because when you start using alot of brushing it gets fake n tacky! also... try using the polygon lasso n go round the bit where you want to brush, then use a big/soft brush n go over it (cause if u use a small brush it makes it look :werd: {sorry hard to explain} but yer

Hope that makes sense and hopefully u can use this as well

Keep up the good work... **remeber** the more you do, the more ull figure out n the better ull get... ull get better as time goes on!

BugzBarney
07-11-2005, 03:19 AM
i asked the guy who created digimods to put up a tutorial about the shavings and stuff about a month ago. He now has created on that helped me and should help you.

link is:

http://digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm

smoothing