PDA

View Full Version : opinion poll - 2001-2003 tl/cl type s

dinglenuts
07-10-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm thinking of trading in my 02 civic si coupe with full redone lowered koni suspension for an 01 to 03 acura tl type s or cl type s. My question is... do you think this step up to a tl type s will satisfy my desire for a faster sports car, but also retain some practicality. Right now I can corner like mad with all the suspension upgrades I've done, and if I get a tl -s I'm planning on lowering it 2", installing konis and strut bars etc, along with the better rims and tires. Think it'll still handle on rails? or too big of a car? I'm also wondering if there is a half decent aftermarket for the suspensions on these cars. Thoughts? thanks!

Xtrema
07-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Even with the suspension, it still has over 700lb over the Civic. You'll miss the Civic manuverability even with more power.

But if you want a more luxury ride, offering more room for luggage and people, it's not a bad way to go.

dinglenuts
07-10-2005, 07:04 PM
good to know, keep em coming.

Aleks
07-10-2005, 10:47 PM
I think if you can find a 03 Cl-s in six speed it would be pretty sweet. It would be quicker than your civic and step up in features and luxury. It depends on what you want. Sometimes I think I am too old for this whole scene and think of upgrading to something nicer. :)

lastprodigy
07-10-2005, 11:07 PM
even the non Type S would be a good upgrade over the civic, really depends what youre looking for though again, a fairly big cruiser with good power and a spd tiptronic or a showy , atention getter....i would say tl/cl anyday cuz it is an upgrade and those cars can be made amazing with little mods.....i mean rims/lower/lip kit and you have a beautiful four door with good power

dinglenuts
07-11-2005, 06:15 PM
going good, thanks for input so far, keep it coming:)