PDA

View Full Version : After Street Wheelers comments

CdnSilverStreak
07-11-2005, 09:36 AM
So now that the weekend is over, what did everyone think of this year's Street Wheelers. Post up your opinion, suggestions, and some of the funniest and/or unfortunate events that occured.

I enjoyed it throughly. I could have done without some of the insults that came my way, but oh well... what can you do. Show n shine was fun, and as usual, the weather turned out great.

I would like though, to extend a big thank you to the Mitsubishi Lancer guys for showing with us at the show n shine. It was great meeting all of you, you are all wonderful people, and it was definetely a fun time seeing all of our cars lined up at the show n shine. Another big thank you to Tutty for bringing his Evo 8 all the way from Ontario for all to see, much appreciated. Gracias amigo...

So what did the rest of you think?

bundi
07-11-2005, 01:08 PM
God damn.... next time I leave the GF at home!

I saw you guys all parked there and I was gonna come up and say hi, didn't even notice the Evo 8... GF was dying to see that pink (civic?)... The car was still sweet tho, thought it was a really well done car interior wise etc, the little plexiglass bubbler thing in front of the amps was nifty.

Didn't stay at the show and shine very long, but it was pretty nice for the most part, the controlled cruise wasn't as cool as the uncontrolled ones in the past. Still had fun tho, can't wait till next year :)

crazydave
07-11-2005, 02:35 PM
i enjoyed it very much. loved driving in autox and the autox was the best part because not only can you check out every aspect of the car while in the pits,but you see how it runs on a course aswell. i had a blast.lots of favs,yellow and white ek9's they were amazingly jdm stylez and i loved them!chevette with a 400C.I motor was sweet too with p155 tires on the rear haha. white miatia who won the autox was fully setup for autox and was fun to watch forsure. pretty much every car at autox excluding a few that my freinds know i wouldnt like,lol was fun. will post my third run of autox when i get it.thanks tyler for filming!

CalgarySS
07-11-2005, 06:05 PM
The 100ft drags were great.

http://img.s10forum.com/album1887/aab.wmv

Here is an example....

Daxin
07-11-2005, 07:31 PM
I gotta admit, it got a lot better once the streets opened up after 10pm. BTW, I don't think the volunteers should jump into the middle of the street shouting and pointing to the red lights. Someones gonna get Run-Down. :burnout: Maybe a sign stating that the lights are in effect or something to that effect.

Audio_Rookie
07-11-2005, 10:10 PM
crazy dave got a little bit crazy a couple times on the auto-x.

I was up all night trying to fix my car to run it in the auto-x so atleast I was assigned a slack job for sunday while i could weep over my car not running....I was giving out and taking back helmets.

The controlled cruise was to much work, and I was the one going down the line telling people that it was full, to go down mayor magrath for now and come back at 10:30...although the cops didnt really let us open it up again at 10:30....

Some people get really angry when you tell them registration in full, when he has been waiting in line for an hour and his car is overheating...and he towed his car from california to be there....really not happy...

thing next year will be diff, im thinking free for all cruising like usual...

El Nagro
07-11-2005, 10:52 PM
^^^ yeah i thought that the controlled cruise was abit of a let down. I liked it alot better previose years when, for some odd reason its extremly cool to be in bumper to bumper traffic that you can only move like 5km/h in if all the cars are realy cool like at street wheelers, was kinda disappointed it wasnt like that this year. Also wasnt to impressed how the cops wouldnt let me drive down 3rd ave at like 11 oclock at night WTF was with that?? also alittle mad about my "illigal" u turn ticket I recived lol although the ladies I picked up seemed to like it. As always it was a very very fun weekend, only 353 more days till next year, the mustang needs a turbo by then hahahahaha.

240droptop
07-12-2005, 06:39 AM
controled cruise was a big downer It was way funner after it was all open stupid cops/ baracades all down 3rd I hade to try 6 or 7 times till I found a road to get on third and as soon as we got on we were directed off :thumbsdow :thumbsdow boooooo

AUTO-X was fun to bad i'm a big poor as would have been nice to run. meh I still got to film it its not the best work ever but hey it will do

CdnSilverStreak
07-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Here are some of the things I noticed regarding the controlled cruise, as well as some observations. If you don't agree, feel free to debate with me, but NO flaming...

- Registration rules regarding the controlled cruise mentioned that organizers will have a say in which vehicles get to participate, in order to choose vehicles that will "appeal" to spectators and onlookers. During registration, no one was checking the vehicles, and pretty much anyone could have signed up.

- Vehicle cap was low. In the flyer passed with the Herald, it was determined that logistically, 3rd Av S. could handle 500 or so vehicles. However, not everyone will always be driving, and some vehicles may leave before the 10pm end time and not return.

- Given the vehicles they estimated that would attend the controlled cruise (500) did they really think they could all enter from 18 St. S?

- Eastbound traffic on 3rd Av S. was very slow b/c of the bottleneck near Backstreet Pub from going from 2 lanes to 1 to accomodate the U-turn. I understand that this was necessary, but the westbound traffic were flying down 3rd Av S. and made it to the end in a matter of minutes.

Pauly Boy
07-12-2005, 04:16 PM
I didn't hit the cruise since my boys weren't down until 8ish, but from what I heard and saw, I'll have to agree with ya

It was nice to see nothing but sweet ass cars driving up and down third, but when you have to turn away some and then have the police not open the gates when they're supposed too...well... :(

besides Lethbridge's finest were dicks about every little thing and just as anal as usual, cruise or not :thumbsdow

It was a good idea Audio_Rookie, it's just too bad it didn't work out for the better!

About the show, I know it's hard to group cars together because of the varying arrival times, but I'd sure make the voting/decision process 100x's easier! BTW - Any plans for next year since they're tearing up the park for renovations and that skating pond thingy? There was no room as it was this year in the 'ol GG!

And DAMN that Evo was fine! :clap: Still can't believe he came all the way from Ontario to show that beast!

crazydave
07-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie
crazy dave got a little bit crazy a couple times on the auto-x.

I was up all night trying to fix my car to run it in the auto-x so atleast I was assigned a slack job for sunday while i could weep over my car not running....I was giving out and taking back helmets.

The controlled cruise was to much work, and I was the one going down the line telling people that it was full, to go down mayor magrath for now and come back at 10:30...although the cops didnt really let us open it up again at 10:30....

Some people get really angry when you tell them registration in full, when he has been waiting in line for an hour and his car is overheating...and he towed his car from california to be there....really not happy...

thing next year will be diff, im thinking free for all cruising like usual...
haha all i wanted to do was drift, my second run was a grip run but first and third i just wanted to have some fun! loved the course this year, plz keep it the same for next year, and have everything at the exhibition! that will be awesome!

crazydave
07-15-2005, 04:07 PM
^^o ya, audio rookie, thank everyone who volunteered from the street wheeleres club,good times as usual and i really appreiciate doing what they did all weekend long!!!