PDA

View Full Version : TENTS, McKinly tents good? Any other brands?

Hollywood
07-11-2005, 12:01 PM
I am looking for a 6 person tent (roughly). I have done some shopping around looking for deals and such. Came accross a mckinley tent, also researched columbia (bad reviews), Coleman (seems to be good tents).

I am always looking for a bargin as tents seem to always be on sale.

I checked costco, they had a good one but it was too big, 10 person. The thing took up a planet in space.

Hollywood
07-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Just researched a bunch of colemans, complaints of rain getting through on several models....

bundi
07-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Went camping on May long with a friend who had an Ozark Trail tent... first time he ever used it, was very nice... had zip up cubby holes for shoes and other stuff, said he loved the tent.

Mr. Burns
07-11-2005, 12:22 PM
I too have an Ozark Trail tent (only a 4man) and for the price they are sweet.

crazytou
07-11-2005, 05:30 PM
I have a 8 to 9 man tent make is columbia good stuff get a remote control for indoor and outdoor lights plus a map light..also get shoe rack 2 ceiling organizers...i think i paid $600 for it. great tent

Shaolin
07-11-2005, 08:45 PM
I bought a Outbound Skyline tent for aboug 150 bucks.. went through 2 nights of thundershowers and it was fine.. But then again, I'm not a hardcore camper..

sputnik
07-12-2005, 07:34 AM
I have a Roadrunner 3 made by The North Face and I love it.

They have a Trailhead 8 which is a kickass tent that sleeps 6 quite comfortably with gear. The North Face tents are great quality tents, they are light, have a great warranty and make spare parts just incase you break something. Definately worth the extra money. This is a tent that you will never have to replace.

http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/opencms/tnf/gear.jsp?productId=3470