PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Grand Prix

Moonracer
07-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Who is all going to the champcar race thise coming weekend? I can't wait til friday damit! :burnout:

dj_honda
07-11-2005, 12:17 PM
I will be there. Did you get a 3 day pass? I think we are gonna have to take off Friday at like 6am to make the 10am practice session.

Can't Wait!:D

civicguy2002
07-11-2005, 12:18 PM
I will be there, 3 day pass and all. Work trip, ten guys from the office are going. Gonna be a good time.

Moonracer
07-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Ya I picked up 3 day seats and probly get a pit pass when I get there. I'm heading up early friday morning too, i'm on holiday all this week. From my day job at least.

Drew
07-11-2005, 01:00 PM
i'll be there, should be great excited to see the new circuit with the overcrew pass

Z_Fan
07-11-2005, 02:00 PM
I'll be there!

Gonna be a great time! :thumbsup:

Has been a while since I went to a CHAMP car race! So this will be excellent.

Moonracer
07-14-2005, 12:09 PM
One more day!!! :clap: Almost time to fill up my CF cards too hehe

D-Man
07-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Yep, I'll be there. 3 day gold pass with pit/paddock pass :thumbsup:

civic_stylez
07-14-2005, 01:13 PM
ill be there too, im stoked! silver seat section on turn one!!!! there should be some good passing there! cant wait to go!! enjoy the race everyone!:burnout:

Moonracer
07-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
ill be there too, im stoked! silver seat section on turn one!!!! there should be some good passing there! cant wait to go!! enjoy the race everyone!:burnout:

Sweet and thanks for scoping out that center cap for me. :D

DuPont
07-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Oh man, I can't wait either!

and-
Wheres the "place to have good times by all" on a Saturday night in Edmonton?
Last time i was up there I was 12, peeing in the West Ed. mall wave pool.:thumbsdow

v8killah
07-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Ill be there sunday for the atlantic, and champ race.

i got bronze, but next year if its really good ill have to get the 3 day gold.

Has anyone ever been to one of these races? Whats it like and hopw comparable is it to f1?

Moonracer
07-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by v8killah
Ill be there sunday for the atlantic, and champ race.

i got bronze, but next year if its really good ill have to get the 3 day gold.

Has anyone ever been to one of these races? Whats it like and hopw comparable is it to f1?

I went to a CART race in van. back in the early 90's. It's a class act for sure but I've never seen an F1 race live so I can't compare. I'm sure you won't be disappointed although the track remains to be seen.

Boost Infested
07-14-2005, 11:50 PM
mee tooo!

GTS Jeff
07-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by DuPont
Oh man, I can't wait either!

and-
Wheres the "place to have good times by all" on a Saturday night in Edmonton?
Last time i was up there I was 12, peeing in the West Ed. mall wave pool.:thumbsdow A bar of some sort...

civic_stylez
07-15-2005, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Sweet and thanks for scoping out that center cap for me. :D

hey no worries man! glad that i could help!

Dave P
07-15-2005, 10:37 AM
There is a big car show friday night at the one on whtye. all the zr auto boys are going to be there.

City is hyped. i love it.

Apperently from anywhere in the stands you can see a minimum 80% of the track. so sweet.

LETS GO TRACY.
BOOOOOO Bourdais.

Ripper
07-16-2005, 04:40 PM
I got corporate suite seats and going up sunday morn. :D

Anyone know which one of the Park n' Rides would be best? Davies and U of A seem to be furthest south.

Moonracer
07-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Well it's sat. night and I finally got hold of a computer. Friday was good, the weather was overcast and decently warm with no delays. Saturday was wet and cold for most of the day which sucked but it got better late in the afternoon luckly. Can't get enough of the sound of them dumping it into gear right in front of me. :drool: Can't wait for the race.

TheBenzo
07-17-2005, 01:01 AM
I was there today, had a 3 day pass but cant go tomorrow.. Today kicked ass for the most part.. wet in the morning.. but dried up good.. couple of good wrecks.. I was in the Gold section (h) on turn 2 I think? Also got to see wide mouth mason play.. had full access to everything.. but just loved watching the cars.. those things haul some serious ass.. that GTA race was pretty solid too. Aside from some drunk schmuck hitting on my girl.. had a damn good time. Will def go again next year.

Moonracer
07-17-2005, 09:36 PM
:eek: What a sweet race! I totally thought Tracy was going to win it. :( But all in all it was very entertaining and I'll be going again next year too. :thumbsup: Thankfully it was sunny but now I look like a racoon :rofl:

GreyFox
07-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Best time I've had in a long time! I was grandstand C (gold seats) section H. About 40 feet after turn 1. I can't get over how they go from like 320km/h on the front straight to like 120 for turn 1 in so little time.

Simple amazing race! The Atlantic and the Trans-Am races were freaking amazing as well!

Somebody needs to start a picture thread if there isn't already one!

Moonracer
07-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Ya there is a pic thread. Glad some of you got some pit shots cause I didn't want to pay the extra this time for pit passes. I spent a small fortune as it is when you include food, hotel, souvenirs, gas, portable statium seats...lol plastic ponchos for the rain and I think that about sums it up.

coldrsx
07-17-2005, 10:44 PM
I was a marshall on turn #3 in the midfield....what an amazing event. Our corner station was a little worried after friday and saturday, but sunday proved to be incident free with regards to us dying so that rocked.

I cannot wait to marshall 06...how about some of you?

max_boost
07-17-2005, 11:33 PM
^^

Glad you were able to marshall that event Cold! You must have some good pics to post!

-Lyndsey

civic_stylez
07-18-2005, 08:12 AM
i felt bad watching aj almendinger cry in the pits, what a bonehead move though, right into the wall and justin wilson spinning out on full course yellow?? wtf! but it was an awesome weekend! edmonton set attendance records for champ car as well, dont mess with canadian sports fans!!!!:whipped:

Moonracer
07-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
and justin wilson spinning out on full course yellow?? wtf!

That was quite a bonehead move but it's happened before. I was watching a CART race many moons ago when, I can't remember who, juiced it on yellow and ended up sliding into the grass and into the wall! How embarrassing.

civic_stylez
07-18-2005, 08:43 AM
^^^ michael schumacher did it to in monaco last year...juiced the tires in the tunnel and walled it hardcore...if i was a team director and my driver did that....there would definitely be an uppercut as a reaction.

Moonracer
07-18-2005, 10:46 AM
:rofl:

TheBenzo
07-19-2005, 02:01 PM
LOL was a rocking time for sure :Dq

El Nagro
07-19-2005, 06:09 PM
That was a realy cool event to take in. I was sitting in Grandstand D section H and the seats were amazing, seen everything from the straight away,corner 1, 2,3,4,5. I cant wait till next year!!!