PDA

View Full Version : WTB: MK III Supra Shell and/or 86-92 RX7 Turbo

Northy
07-11-2005, 05:32 PM
psoting this for a buddy of mine..........

jsut to warn you all that this thread could be subject to many edit's:thumbsup:

my buddy found a wrecked Supra body that was an auto, that he was gunna fix up but the body was too far gone and he did not wanna do the 5 speed tranny swap but he is gunna use the exhaust and the engine, coz it does have the JDM engine in it with apparently 290 hp!

so he would like to put that in a decent body Supra.
he prefers white or black or red (just like me, haha).
5 speed please.
minor surface rust or rust free is a must, as long as it is only surface rust then it is all good.
he does not want a rusted out car that he has to replace the quarter panels or anything on.
preferably cloth interior
please not red interior, if that can be avoided then that would be a plus.
km's are not an issue.
please no repaired cars tha have been written off or been in any accidents, clean titles a must!

now for the RX-7

he is also wanting an Rx-7 turbo with all the same specs as the supra

please PM me as well as posting, coz i am not able to always come on here as much as i like.

thank you.

Northy
07-13-2005, 03:22 PM
thank you mods:)

even supra turbo's that have the jdm engine would be acceptable as well:thumbsup:

ProjectR
07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
i have friend that has rx7 for sale, it's a 10th anniversary with a jdm engine....unless i read the thread wrong and you're trying to find just a s4 rx7 shell.

Northy
07-14-2005, 08:20 PM
no he is lookin for a complete rx-7 turbo with the JDM motor prefered...
please PM me with the details of his car as well as pics and price and what power options it does have.

thank you.

Northy
07-18-2005, 04:52 PM
bump

Northy
07-21-2005, 01:17 PM
bump

ApexDrift
07-23-2005, 07:06 PM
FC3S (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92286)

theres no differece between the USDM or JDM motors the only difference is the USDM came with extra emitions crap that you dont need... you can remove it and put block off plates thats bout it... i got block off plate so i guess mines JDM....

Northy
07-24-2005, 04:31 PM
i heard that the JDM turbo has 200 hp and more torque, bu tlike i am said i do not know much bout these cars but they do fascinate me as well as my friend, thank you.

Northy
07-26-2005, 12:56 AM
bump

ApexDrift
07-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Northy
i heard that the JDM turbo has 200 hp and more torque, bu tlike i am said i do not know much bout these cars but they do fascinate me as well as my friend, thank you.

you got your facts mixed up... your talking about different series... the series 4 (S4) tii (87-88) came with 182hp, 183 lb-ft and the series 5 (S5) tii (89-91) came 200hp and 196 lb-ft, torque difference is hardly noticeable... another difference is the turbo the S4 had a single passage wastegate and the S5 has a daul passage wastegate... oh and the S5 motor has a higher compression...

weight
S4 2850lbs
S5 2987lbs

there are little differences between the 2 series but nothing extraordinary...
i have a limited edition S4, with a FULL S5 swap.
what people usually do is just swap the core and put S4 externals on a S5 core, then they hook up to a S4 ECU there for they're not using the full potential of the S5...

sorry bored at work