PDA

View Full Version : Tire always loosing air??

2.2vtec
07-11-2005, 08:48 PM
I have recently had the problem of my tire loosing air, so I took it to wal-mart assuming it was just a nail or something. Anyways to make a long story short I had to take it back because it went flat again and they told me that it's a bead seal that can't be fixed, and the problem is with the tire. Does this sound right??! What other problems could it be?

rc2002
07-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Sounds about right. You can tell if it's a nail by using soap and water. If you pour the soap and water on and there's no bubbling on the treads then it could very well be a bead seal.

Do you have any warranty on the tire still?

EK 2.0
07-11-2005, 10:34 PM
also...please make sure you check the valve stem...I have seen SO many of those go bad over the years...either the nipple inside comes loose...or the stem itself goes bad...

AllGoNoShow
07-11-2005, 11:24 PM
If u live in the NW (Calgary I am assuming) bring it to Fountain Tire at Northland and I wil probably end up doing it, will let you know what is happening and if its fixable, we have bead sealer stuff aswell so if it is a ripped bead and its a slower leak then we may be able to fix it up still. Any Fountain Tire will do it correct, I wouldn't trust wally world from past working there experience.

VetteRacin
07-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Yeah i agree with allgo, a bead leak can be fixed but chances are it will be back, but usually not until winter starts