PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Radio Frequencies

RedsunsDriver
07-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Does anybody know the Radio Frequencies for Police, EMS, Fire or anything that we can listen in Calgary?

69cougar
07-11-2005, 09:45 PM
I beleive that CPS is on a revolving frequenct that constantly changes and is also encrypted to some degree.

Good luck,

Not sure about any others

Davetronz
07-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Yea the Calgary Police, EMS and Fire are now encrypted channels and civilians can no longer listen to them.

I remember back to the days when I would fall asleep every night listening to my police scanner. I miss that...

wired'sspecv
07-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Actually the previous information provided is NOT true.

Calgary EMS and Fire can still be listened to on a regular basis on a "trunktracking" scanner. In fact, I use one and I feed the audio into another computer running Linux and I webcast it so I can be anywhere with internet access and I can still listen in on the action. I can even listen to it while on the go with my portable iPAQ pocket pc via wifi wireless lan!

City of Calgary Police is another matter...they have been using an "APCO25" digital system since 1998 (or was that 1996?). However, this too is not impossible. Digital scanners are also available for this purpose, however only "qualified buyers" are able to obtain them legally. I listen to them as well on a regular basis.

RedsunsDriver
07-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by wired'sspecv
Actually the previous information provided is NOT true.

Calgary EMS and Fire can still be listened to on a regular basis on a "trunktracking" scanner. In fact, I use one and I feed the audio into another computer running Linux and I webcast it so I can be anywhere with internet access and I can still listen in on the action. I can even listen to it while on the go with my portable iPAQ pocket pc via wifi wireless lan!

City of Calgary Police is another matter...they have been using an "APCO25" digital system since 1998 (or was that 1996?). However, this too is not impossible. Digital scanners are also available for this purpose, however only "qualified buyers" are able to obtain them legally. I listen to them as well on a regular basis.

Do you know the frequencies of the EMS and Fire??

EK 2.0
07-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318
Yea the Calgary Police, EMS and Fire are now encrypted channels and civilians can no longer listen to them.

I remember back to the days when I would fall asleep every night listening to my police scanner. I miss that...

haha...geek...j/k...;)

wired'sspecv
07-11-2005, 11:03 PM
If you follow the link on this URL:
http://members.shaw.ca/firescan/home.htm

You will find pages indicating some common frequencies for EMS, Fire, Hospital, RCMP, etc.

STARS is one of my favorites as well, it is 406.5375Mhz.

However if you don't have a "trunktracking" scanner (Uniden makes them), you will be quite frustrated trying to listen in to Fire and EMS. Because a "trunking" radio system is one where the conversation moves along several frequencies sometimes within seconds. It would be very difficult to follow along as the frequencies change....the "trunktracking" scanner does this automatically.

If you want more information or are looking for something specific, PM me and I can check my frequency database for you.

Cheers.