PDA

View Full Version : I got beat down by a...

Ben
01-24-2003, 06:59 AM
...Unmarked Police Cruiser tonight. I call them UPC codes...

Minding my own business down Deerfoot South bound, I'm rollin at 110. I see lights comming up from behind, FAST!, so I down shift but dont accellerate, just in case, and this unmarked police cruiser rips up beside me and then slams on his brakes so that he was pacing me...I'm thinkin WTF, and have since shifted back into 5th. He keeps gawking at me, for quite some time...I stare back...He paced me down Deerfoot for just shy of 2 minutes. He then steps on it and cooks away, and then, I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES, flashes his rear window hazard lights (the two amber ones in the center) and contuinues on!

WTF am I supposed to make out of that?!

Did he just pull a ricer flyby? Or was it something they actually do from time to time...Perhaps he was trying to get me to race him in order to give me a ticket...(I can spot cop cars really well...)I would have Own3d him anyways, hahahaha:devil:

Bizaare none-the-less...

mwmhong
01-24-2003, 08:52 AM
He was probably just monitoring your driving, then he flashed his lights to let you know he was a cop and went on his merry way.

Copper fly-by :dunno:

Hollywood
01-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Hmmmmm.

RiceCake
01-24-2003, 11:02 AM
HAHAHA... ricer fly by from a cop???

Glowrider
01-24-2003, 11:11 AM
LOL a new breed of ricer.

hinggu
01-24-2003, 11:29 AM
If I was a cop, I would rip the car all the time and try and go racing with other cops.... not my gas money and not my car LOL

ecstasy_civic
01-24-2003, 11:41 AM
he was probably pissed you didnt move over for him,
and as for racing cop cars, if i had one i would take it off roading, burnouts, anything i wanted, first off i dont pay a cent for it, second if anything happens your not really gonna get in trouble if you can come up with a good excuse :D

m@+CH
01-24-2003, 11:46 AM
i heard some cops do that now!! haha
try to race you.. then give u a ticket for it!! haha
not in a normal impala though
heard they had imports haha
heard from a friend...

hinggu
01-24-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by m@+CH
i heard some cops do that now!! haha
try to race you.. then give u a ticket for it!! haha
not in a normal impala though
heard they had imports haha
heard from a friend...
my buddy in Vancouver says that the cops have subes with like LED washer nozzles and exhaust and they try to get you to drag and stuff

cocoabrova
01-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Yeah didn't MistaBrent get own3d by an unmarked Durango while trying to race it:banghead::rofl:

ecstasy_civic
01-24-2003, 01:25 PM
hey i know where i used to live in coquitlam bc. they have "robo cop" at least thats what we called him, its a newer 99' and up camaro ss, black taillight covers,headlight covers and BLACK tinted windows. he pulls up to you at the light and tries to race you and once your ahead of him he turns his lights on.
son of a bitch caught my friend in his camaro, for
stunting
wreckless driving
burnt out tailight
attempted street race

we got him once though, we werent sure it was him and we were in my friends mid 12 sec mustang and we just took off and he was definatley trying and he had his lights on and stuff but he could not catch us,
no one has ever heard this story, we kept it among friends until now, when 1300 people read it lol.
ah well it was like 2 yrs ago.

GTS Jeff
01-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by hinggu

my buddy in Vancouver says that the cops have subes with like LED washer nozzles and exhaust and they try to get you to drag and stuff isnt it against the law to do that?

Ben
01-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
he was probably pissed you didnt move over for him,
and as for racing cop cars, if i had one i would take it off roading, burnouts, anything i wanted, first off i dont pay a cent for it, second if anything happens your not really gonna get in trouble if you can come up with a good excuse :D

why was I going to move into the shoulder? I was in the slow lane.

ecstasy_civic
01-24-2003, 01:50 PM
ya you didnt write that you were in the slow lane, and either way your supposed to move to the right if theres an emergency vehicle passing you.

Ben
01-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
ya you didnt write that you were in the slow lane, and either way your supposed to move to the right if theres an emergency vehicle passing you.

Deerfoot is 3 lanes wide where I was, I'm not going to drive on the rumble strips when hes cookin it up the fast lane. That and he didn't have his lights flashing so what was I to think...he was probably trying to get me to race...

Hakkola
01-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Yeah, isn't it illegal for the cops to try to get you to do something illegal??

B17a
01-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Sounds the same as undercover 5-0 posing as hookers, drug dealers, or 13 year old girls on the internet waiting for some pedo to come by. So in that respect, I'd guess no, it isn't illegal.

max_boost
01-24-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Isn't that called Entrapment?:dunno:

Hakkola
01-24-2003, 03:13 PM
Yeha, I figured it was Entrapment, I'd look it up but I'm lazy.

kenny
01-24-2003, 03:54 PM
No that would not be considered entrapment, the officer is merely giving you an opportunity to commit the crime, that is not entrapment. However, if he/she persuades you to race him/her then that is entrapment.

mrmattyk
01-24-2003, 04:15 PM
I didn't think entrapment was a part of the Canadian legal system.
:dunno:

GTS Jeff
01-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk
I didn't think entrapment was a part of the Canadian legal system.
:dunno: i sure as hell hope it is

dogstar
01-24-2003, 06:53 PM
i belive, maybe wrong that there is attempted entrapment, when the officer does something which is illegal in an attempt to get you to do the same.

ie: racing, hookers, and probably a few other things.

dont rip me if im wrong, law class was a long time ago.

marek
01-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Isn't that called Entrapment?:dunno:

Yeah, it's illegal to do that, i wonder how they can get away with that kinda of stuff.

-mark

SilverRex
01-26-2003, 12:39 AM
thats why I only race cars that looks faster than mine ^^

mustang
01-28-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by marek

Yeah, it's illegal to do that, i wonder how they can get away with that kinda of stuff.

-mark

Its VERY illegal, and they get away with it because they pulled YOU over. Basically once they get you, anything you say they did is "justified" as "part of the law enforcement process." If a cop in a UPC revs at you at lights, and you race him and he pulls you over, and you fight it in court and you tell the judge he revved at you, all he has to do is make up some bullshit or just lie outright. HE IS NOT THE ONE ON TRIAL. If you dont have witnesses then yer gonna get bent over the hood...

Edit: And yes, I do believe entrapment is part of the canadian legal code (I'm not 100% sure though) and charging a cop with it would be ludicrously hard, you'd need witnesses, a lawyer, etc., its a serious charge.

mustang
01-28-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by marek

-mark

Its VERY illegal, and they get away with it because they pulled YOU over. Basically once they get you, anything you say they did is "justified" as "pat of the law enforcement process." If a cop in a UPC revs at you at lights, and you race him and he pulls you over, and you fight it in court and you tell the judge he revved at you, all he has to do is make up some bullshit or just lie outright. HE IS NOT THE ONE ON TRIAL. If you dont have witnesses then yer gonna get bent over the hood...

method
02-01-2003, 06:35 PM
it is illegal... a police officer inciting you to commit a crime is called entrapment.

you rev on them when they pose as a ricer and race and get pulled over? thats fine.

they rev on you, you win in court.

same thing with drugs or prostitution. They tell you to commit the crime... "buy these drugs", "come have sex with me for money" and you win in court.

Thats how it works

ConVict
02-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Can some one please verify that ... :D

RiceCake
02-07-2003, 10:57 AM
I think there are a lot of injustices. Cops can go on the brink of breaking the law to entise you to actually do it and nail you for it. Its sad that they almost always win in doing so.

Try nailing the cop for entrapment and you'll probably be paying a lot in lawyer fees and go through a lot of headaches. Its usually their word against yours and guess who'll win? :)