PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Players

LadyVenom
07-13-2005, 02:10 AM
So I almost got a 30GB iPod photo.... until the store I ordered it from a month ago, told me they got discontinued and there are now only the 60GB's, and now 20GB's are coming out at the end of the month. The only reason I was getting a photo was because I like the colour screen, and the idea I got an extra 10GB for only $30 more (I got a good deal at the store.)

I really would like something around the 20GB range, as I need a player for trips, and possibly to take to work and play through speakers there for a few hours of the day. It also has to be able to carry files from one place to another, as I'm getting bored of burning cds of stuff to take to friend's houses. I would also need something with easily available cases and other accessories.

I've been looking at the Creative Zen Touch, which is very similar to the iPods, but they have twice the battery life, and also have a built in radio. The drawback to those, is it's really hard to find accessories for them, as there aren't very many, and they are all made by Creative, instead of the dime-a-dozen manufacturers making iPod stuff.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to another brand/model I should look into? Does anyone here have an iPod or Zen Touch and can share stories about them?

Thanks in advance.

EG STyLeZ
07-13-2005, 01:30 PM
you should consider the iRiver H10 20GB series mp3 players.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/hd/h10_20gb.aspx

they have a color display, fm tuner, supports .jpeg, .bmp, .txt, and removable battery.

Chiggles
07-13-2005, 04:13 PM
:werd: iPods are overrated. And if you're feeling extravagant, consider their media players instead of just the audio jukeboxes.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/multi/

heavyD
07-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Chiggles
:werd: iPods are overrated. And if you're feeling extravagant, consider their media players instead of just the audio jukeboxes.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/multi/

For that kind of money you may as well get a PSP.

Mr. Burns
07-13-2005, 04:28 PM
I bought my wife a Dell DJ for her birthday and she loves it. Nicer than the Ipod IMO. Lots of times dell has deals on their web site (ie: when I ordered my wife's the 30gb model was on for the same price as the 20gb model). You can also use it as mobile storage (ie: for files other than music files)

GoChris
07-13-2005, 04:37 PM
who makes the dell dj?

Akagi Redsuns
07-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
who makes the dell dj?

DELL sells them. No idea whose components they use.

CRXguy
07-13-2005, 04:59 PM
The Dell DJ(5GB) model is on sale right now through Dell at $199. Regular price was $249. Any feedback on this? I'm looking to get it before the sale ends, July 15th-21st.

johnsrini
07-14-2005, 12:33 PM
before this 20g color ipod came out, i would have said buy the samsung yh925. 3 weeks ago, it was same price as the old ipod, but had color and a voice recorder. its pretty good except the battery lasts for around 6-7 hours, but im returning it to get the 20g ipod, just cuz there's so many accesories ( and that click wheel thingy) i think they will go down in price to stay competitive.