PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Compustar

lilboykorea
01-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Fags at International Audio in Northland told me that with compustar, u can set it up so when u walk near your car it will unlock it self automatically(kinda like the new Benz stuff)...
is this true and possible???

Autodream: How much is it extra for proximity sensor/glass breakage/ other possible features...
and whens the soonest install time???

thanx in this cold weather a starter is really needed and theft in calgary is goin up too fast

boi-alien
01-24-2003, 12:19 PM
yup it's possible it's an option on the compustar, it get's annoying though cause i had that option on and i leave my keys in my room which is pretty close to the garage. the alarm would cycle arm and disarm constantly, so i shut it off

Dr. Evil
01-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by lilboykorea
in this cold weather a starter is really needed
I thought about getting that alarm, but I didn't because I want to decide when to unlock my doors. If I get near my car, then notice something suspicious then I want to be able to walk away... and not have my doors unlock right away.

Also, what kind of car do you have? I learned the hard way that remote start systems are not compatible with the Passlok systems (where your car detects if a key is in the ignition when it is being started. No key, no fuel). I paid $250 extra for remoter start, only to short out two of my car's computers:(

lilboykorea
01-24-2003, 01:02 PM
oh really?!...
its a tl-s
so im gona have to pay the extra cuz of the stock system?

shadowz
01-24-2003, 01:14 PM
There is a feature on your remote, where you can either walk away form your car and it will arm, or walk towards your car and it will disarm

Dr. Evil
01-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
There is a feature on your remote, where you can either walk away form your car and it will arm, or walk towards your car and it will disarm
Yes, the sales guy sewed his remote into his wallet and walked toward his car to disarm & unlock it. Cool, but like I said... if I suddenly see some dude ripping off my valve caps I don't want my doors to open. I will walk away or have time to whip out my knife (depends on my mood).

As for paying extra cuz of the stock system... probably not. I don't think the TL has the same system that my GM truck has. I had to purchase a Passlok over-ride box, and I think the salesman said that only GM uses such a system. He said 99% of all his installs have been for Hondas, so the alarm is more affordable. GM's system is what caused me to pay the extra $$$:banghead:

5gluder
01-24-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Evil

I thought about getting that alarm, but I didn't because I want to decide when to unlock my doors. If I get near my car, then notice something suspicious then I want to be able to walk away... and not have my doors unlock right away.

You can turn that feature off.

Dr. Evil
01-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by 5gluder
You can turn that feature off.
I know, but why pay for a Compustar just to turn its "best" feature off? Maybe there were other reasons to buy Compustar that weren't conveyed by the sales guy :dunno:

max_boost
01-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Evil

I know, but why pay for a Compustar just to turn its "best" feature off? Maybe there were other reasons to buy Compustar that weren't conveyed by the sales guy :dunno:

I wouldn't say that is the best feature......I'm not too familiar with all these alarms but the remote is cool, the 1/4mile start up range is cool, being able to check on my car is cool.....blah./....

boi-alien
01-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

I wouldn't say that is the best feature......I'm not too familiar with all these alarms but the remote is cool, the 1/4mile start up range is cool, being able to check on my car is cool.....blah./.... :werd: getting a compustar isn't about that feature at all. it's about the 2-way paging system it has.. it's the pioneer in that department. and that's why everyone buys a compustar, it was the first 2-way paging system on the market

lilboykorea
01-25-2003, 03:14 PM
i think i will get this soon, its just too freakin cold to go out of my house rigth now haha

silvercivicsir
01-25-2003, 04:42 PM
the viper responder looks pretty nice.

dildotum
12-04-2004, 07:58 AM
How to setup that fature auto unlock? i have compustar 2W900FMR

Tony2
12-04-2004, 12:15 PM
You can view all their online manuals and info on their site at http://www.compustar.org/

As per manual...............

Auto Arming
You can turn this function on or off by pressing Button I for 2 seconds.
When set to Auto arming, your security system will arm automatically after all the
car doors are closed, your remote is away from the vehicle by more than 50 to
100 ft and 15 seconds have passed since the last Auto Disarm. Your system
will disarm automatically if your remote comes within 50 to 100 ft radius from the
vehicle. You have an option for Auto Arming without Auto Lock by option
programming. Consult your installer for this programming. Please read the next
paragraph for the interaction between Auto Arming and Passive Arming.

T2