PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai???

CVPP
01-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Alright I saw a sweet pimped out Hyundai. I am wondering if these cars are worth the time of day. I mean are the engines easily upgradeable (not easy but you know) and are there alot of "add-ons" for these cars?

max_boost
01-24-2003, 04:09 PM
They are great cars! All motors are easily transferable! Lots of add ons! And most important, they are pimp! I take them over any Mercedes anyday!:bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

They are the worst cars to mod up with the exception of the Tiburon which is actually decent looking

Light_Speed
01-24-2003, 04:12 PM
these cars are pretty shitty my buddy bout like a 98 tiburon for like 11Gs last yr and after the warrany was over the car had all kinds of problems

ExitSpeed
01-24-2003, 04:12 PM
Please don't tell me it's that Accent with the huge decals and wacky paintjob.

Hyundai's only car that has any performance is the Tiburon...I sure like the pro rally rally edition :) Too bad you can't buy them like that

But for the most part they are a true economy car. Thier engines have ok power, nothing special and I would imagine it would hard to get any more power out of them, just like any FWD Economy car with a NA I4. I seem to remember that they made a turbo for the S-Coupe at some point.....I wonder if you turn up the boost and get more jam out of that car.

max_boost
01-24-2003, 04:26 PM
This from Speedoptions....you want a sweet ride like this?
http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3168

http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3168/pic01.jpg
http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3168/pic30.jpg
http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3168/pic19.jpg
http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3168/pic22.jpg:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

B17a
01-24-2003, 04:33 PM
*gouges eyes out*!

T5_X
01-24-2003, 04:35 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

The scoupe did come with a turbo option. I don't think it was very high output at all, and I certainly wouldn't trust the reliability of it.

I would drive a new 4cyl tiburon probably as a winter beater in about 10 years.

dogstar
01-24-2003, 06:20 PM
hyundai are korean made hondas.

economy cars that arent meant to be modified, but are.

and dont tell me im wrong, because if you go look at an older honda, you cant tell me that honda foresaw the HUGE aftermarket support the car would get in years to come.

small, economical, and reliable, thats what hondas and hyundais are supposed to be, and both succeed, mostly.

jdmakkord
01-24-2003, 06:26 PM
I'd hardly group honda and hyundai together.

three.eighteen.
01-24-2003, 06:34 PM
awww its so cute!!!

dogstar
01-24-2003, 06:34 PM
why not?

are they not supposed to be economical cars?

last time i heard, honda was quite proud of their reputation for being extremely fuel efficient.

maybe honda has more money and more r&d, but hyundai could easily make just as good a car with the same money.

T5_X
01-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by dogstar
hyundai could easily make just as good a car with the same money.

no they couldn't

GTS Jeff
01-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by CVPP
sweet pimped out Hyundai. no such thing

hyundai are korean made hondas.

economy cars that arent meant to be modified, but are.

and dont tell me im wrong, because if you go look at an older honda, you cant tell me that honda foresaw the HUGE aftermarket support the car would get in years to come.

small, economical, and reliable, thats what hondas and hyundais are supposed to be, and both succeed, mostly. thats heresy. im disgusted barry. there are so many differences between the two that attempting to sum it up in one post would be like summing up the events of world war 2 in one sentence.

remind me to slap you

EnRich
01-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Whoever thinks thats a nice car should be thrown outside and shot.... Thats ugly.. ! ! ! WTF a pink accent... That better be a girl driving that car... Accents are shit... I had one as a rental for 1 month... After driving one day I couldnt wait ti get ride of it... ONly good thing was how little gas it used... Me and my friend took it offroading... You wouldnt believe how high I made that car go off a jump, almost lost control ; ).... That is a car for girls man.... Thats typical RICE... The guys trying to make the car look like a Lancer...

RICH... Just my two cents, dont get all offended

Hakkola
01-25-2003, 02:28 AM
If by pimped hyundai you mean an elantra or whatever with an adjustable ricer wing then no, it doesn't deserve the time of day. Saw one yesterday, weird....

aZnBlooD
01-25-2003, 02:50 AM
They are the worst cars to mod up with the exception of the Tiburon which is actually decent looking
only the new ones looks "decent", all the last gen. models SUCKED!!!!!

and yea, like everyone has said already, Hyundai are very horrible to mod, dont even attempt it!

James
01-25-2003, 02:58 AM
Hyundai Pony's are the ULTIMATE car to mod! nothing come close! :rofl:

mwmhong
01-25-2003, 12:36 PM
It's no BMW, but it's a decent car for the price.
Core competency is VALUE.

Nowadays the cars are fairly competitive and sales are going up and up.

Hyundai might one day become a force in the auto industry.
Don't hate, appreciate. :)
(Pimped Hyundai Accent=BAYYYYYYYYYYYYMMM!!)

m@+CH
01-25-2003, 02:58 PM
i like hyundai's
not sayin i would mod an elantra or ever consider touchin a accent
the 3rd gen tib's (the ones out now)The tiburon has always had potential the moment it was released
sure the tib's may have ASS technology, but its the old school engine technology that makes it easy for companies to build mods 4 it
2nd gen tib's look sweet with the veilside kit
i thought that this car was pretty nice "all show no go" car
but now with the new v6 tibby out
companies r catching on..look at import 2nr this month
their making turbos and kits for it
i rather get a tiburon gt-v6 than a rsx anyday

kaput
01-25-2003, 03:20 PM

Ben
01-25-2003, 03:27 PM
I think the new tibs look like a big metal and plastic shark, and kinda dumb IMO, but hey, to each their own, I would never ever buy or own a Hyundai.

kaput
01-25-2003, 03:30 PM

buh_buh
01-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Although Hondas DO classify under economy cars, I'm pretty sure Honda has not forgotten the aftermarket part of their sales. I'm sure Honda realizes the aftermarket provides a lot of sales to their Civics, Accords, Preludes, etc. So to say they are not meant for modifying is absurd IMO.

Si_FlyGuy
01-25-2003, 06:36 PM
haha...spotted that whacky purple accent in willow park yesterday.....hehe

GTS Jeff
01-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by m@+CH
i rather get a tiburon gt-v6 than a rsx anyday u ENJOY rough engines?

buh_buh
01-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by m@+CH
i rather get a tiburon gt-v6 than a rsx anyday
why?
IMO the 185hp or whatever it is is pretty shitty for a V6, and didn't Hyundai admit the motor is actually less than whatever they advertised at?

yakish
01-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
This from Speedoptions....you want a sweet ride like this?
http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3168

http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3168/pic01.jpg
http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3168/pic30.jpg
http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3168/pic19.jpg
http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3168/pic22.jpg:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
stupid accent :bullshit:

GTS Jeff
01-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

why?
IMO the 185hp or whatever it is is pretty shitty for a V6, and didn't Hyundai admit the motor is actually less than whatever they advertised at? dont be so quick to knock the tibby v6 for its specs. altho its a shitty, rough, unrefined, buzzingly loud and annoying, it still puts out 140hp/160lb-ft at the wheels. the rsx-s puts out 160hp/120lb-ft at the wheels. the tibby v6 can put out the numbers. but all the reviews ive read about this car slams it for being a poor "drivers" car because of a distinct lack of feedback in all driver inputs.

ah well.....i dunno, the tibby has recaro wannabe seats too

syeve
01-25-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
the tibby v6 can put out the numbers

ahhhh, my new sig...:clap:

szw
01-26-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Benny
I think the new tibs look like a big metal and plastic shark, ,.

I believe tiburon means 'shark' in korean. Well not sure if it's true, a korean friend told me when I mentioned the tib (last model) looked like a shark.

GTS Jeff
01-26-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by syeve

ahhhh, my new sig...:clap: bastard! i dont know whether thats a good thing or not :(

Kronyk
01-26-2003, 04:25 AM
it means shark in spanish i believe

TDA
01-26-2003, 12:59 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0207_shark/
And its claimed 170hp.

4wheeldrift
01-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by szw

I believe tiburon means 'shark' in korean. Well not sure if it's true, a korean friend told me when I mentioned the tib (last model) looked like a shark. Its actually Spanish for Shark, if you want to be really specific :D

szw
01-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Its actually Spanish for Shark, if you want to be really specific :D

oops! heh

syeve
01-26-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
bastard! i dont know whether thats a good thing or not :(

just busting your balls jeff, just wanted proof that you are not a hard ass all the time...*looks around*...muahahaha

James
01-27-2003, 07:18 AM

Originally posted by buh_buh
Although Hondas DO classify under economy cars, I'm pretty sure Honda has not forgotten the aftermarket part of their sales. I'm sure Honda realizes the aftermarket provides a lot of sales to their Civics, Accords, Preludes, etc. So to say they are not meant for modifying is absurd IMO.

All he was saying is you cant Say Honda thought thier cars would be as heavily involved in aftermarket products as they are, based on what they looked like 20 years ago.

And FOR THE MONEY, i think the New Hyundais are pretty decent cars......the older Gen ones were just gross:barf:

girlRACER
02-25-2003, 02:58 PM
I saw a really nice yellow 3rd Gen Tib on Deerfoot. It had Manitoba plates though and I searched the Hyundai website and they don't come in that shade of yellow. Some guy must've painted it after he bought the car but the color was :love: Looked just like Sunburst Yellow!

Stratus_Power
02-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Im seriously considering a 2003 Tiburon Tuscani edition for 1st car :P i think it looks awesome inside out.!! does it have a tuscani badge girlRacer? cuz they said if you want yellow, it must be tuscani. If you want Tuscani, it must be yellow

girlRACER
02-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
Im seriously considering a 2003 Tiburon Tuscani edition for 1st car :P i think it looks awesome inside out.!! does it have a tuscani badge girlRacer? cuz they said if you want yellow, it must be tuscani. If you want Tuscani, it must be yellow

Not sure. Can you post pics of that car?

THREE40SEVEN
02-25-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
u ENJOY rough engines?
My friends type r has one of the roughest running engines of any car ive ever driven. Its very rough and noisy at 4500+rpms and it feels worse than my v8.....
The wing on that accent shows the owners lack of self respect.
Do whatever you want to the car. Its still an accent.

Stratus_Power
02-25-2003, 03:31 PM
"In testing conducted by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC), the Tiburon Tuscani displayed braking ability surpassed by only one other vehicle in the entire Car of the Year test field. The Tiburon's 37.7 metre (123.7 ft.) 100 km/h to zero stopping distance was second only to the Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG (36.31 m/119.14 ft.) and better than such exotics as the Acura NSX, BMW Z4 and Jaguar S-Type R – and 3.4 metres (11.14 ft) better than Tiburon models equipped with standard front calipers. "

Stratus_Power
02-25-2003, 03:31 PM

Stratus_Power
02-25-2003, 03:32 PM

Stratus_Power
02-25-2003, 03:32 PM
last..

GTS Jeff
02-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN

My friends type r has one of the roughest running engines of any car ive ever driven. Its very rough and noisy at 4500+rpms and it feels worse than my v8.....
The wing on that accent shows the owners lack of self respect.
Do whatever you want to the car. Its still an accent. its a 4 banger... not comparable to a v6.

and geeeeez look at how LONG that shifter is!!!

rage2
02-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
and geeeeez look at how LONG that shifter is!!!

Now now, don't get too excited there jeff. I know you have plans with that shifter... :rofl:

Stratus_Power
02-25-2003, 05:25 PM
who say you cant judge a guy by the size of their shifter :P

Redlyne_mr2
02-25-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
"In testing conducted by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC), the Tiburon Tuscani displayed braking ability surpassed by only one other vehicle in the entire Car of the Year test field. The Tiburon's 37.7 metre (123.7 ft.) 100 km/h to zero stopping distance was second only to the Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG (36.31 m/119.14 ft.) and better than such exotics as the Acura NSX, BMW Z4 and Jaguar S-Type R – and 3.4 metres (11.14 ft) better than Tiburon models equipped with standard front calipers. "
I was at the ajac test fest when all the testing was occuring and yes the tiburon did do well in braking but failed horrendously in every other aspect. It's a garbage car that only a fool would ever consider purchasing:thumbsdow

Sky
02-25-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Now now, don't get too excited there jeff. I know you have plans with that shifter... :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

girlRACER
02-26-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I saw a really nice yellow 3rd Gen Tib on Deerfoot. It had Manitoba plates though and I searched the Hyundai website and they don't come in that shade of yellow. Some guy must've painted it after he bought the car but the color was :love: Looked just like Sunburst Yellow!

Never mind. Somehow the car looks much better at night than it does during the day. :dunno:

Vincent
08-18-2003, 05:35 PM
Here is a good Hyundai

Hyundai SLK (http://www.mapleone.com/mbcanada/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=42;t=19)

Now that makes me want to hurl

Everybody is copying Mercedes-Benz

danricenguyen
08-18-2003, 05:54 PM
I puked after seeing those pics of that accent!

benyl
08-19-2003, 01:17 AM
I hope some of you know that there are a number of engines in Hyundais that are built by mitsubishi.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20673&highlight=hyundai+mitsu

http://www.wcperformance.com/mitsubishi%20jdm%20motors.htm

2k3sonataglx
08-19-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by CVPP
Alright I saw a sweet pimped out Hyundai. I am wondering if these cars are worth the time of day. I mean are the engines easily upgradeable (not easy but you know) and are there alot of "add-ons" for these cars?

Where did you happen to see this car ?? Do you know what color ... model ... year ? Just interested.

rage2
08-19-2003, 11:49 AM
I personally like the tiburons. Some of their kits are pretty cool.

http://www.body-kit.com/srsc2fr.jpg

http://www.body-kit.com/srsc2re.jpg

Has anyone turbocharged those V6's yet? :)

mutsuraboshi
08-19-2003, 10:24 PM
hey thats the new sc2 kit for the tib. by the ways... has anyone else seen a nice silver tib around calgary? im sure there is only one around, it has a cuda kit on it. i think i have a picture

mutsuraboshi
08-19-2003, 10:27 PM
here is the back

treg50
08-20-2003, 01:08 PM
As unmodded cars they're okay cars for the price. If they can make a WRC Elantra, then that car can't be so bad. The Elantra GT is not too bad looking. It's got a very European (Saab-ish) look to it. Maybe give it some 16's or 17's. We all know Subaru was once shit. The WRX is a descendant of econo-box, trouble-plagued, pile of trash.

All car companies start out small AND have their share of problems, at sometime or another. Rarely does every model in a manufacturer's line-up become a 5 star, Car Of The Year winner.

The Tiburon looks pretty okay even stock. It reminds me of a the 'curvy-with-black-grille-and-pop-up-headlights' Celica --- just in terms of body style. The latest Tib is probably the best looking one. That SC2 (?) kit shown by rage2 above, is FRIKKING HOT. Is that real?? It looks to cool to be real.