PDA

View Full Version : Aeroplan/Air Canada Question.

Celica TVS3
07-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Hey,

I booked a flight using aeroplan to NY but I make every stop on the way: Regina, Winnipeg and Toronto. It was the only areoplan flight avalible at the time.

Does anyone work or no anybody who would be able to swap my ticket for something more direct without any hassles?

Thanks,
Aaron.

LJC
07-14-2005, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't complain too loudly if I were you, considering how outrageous airfare is these days. Stops or no stops, it's still a free flight.

Thaco
07-14-2005, 01:36 PM
non stop probably costs you 3x as much, thats why they give the 3-4 stopover flights away as *rewards*... otherwise areoplan would lick balls liek every other *rewards* company and give you next to nothing.

Celica TVS3
07-14-2005, 01:40 PM
I didn't book the flight it was dropped on my lap. It works out to be 4 days travelling on a 7 day trip. I would rather pay and spend the extra days enjoying the city. I know that employees can transfer the tickets to open seats on a more direct flight (calgary>toronto>ny) but i don't know anyone who works there anymore.

FiveFreshFish
07-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
non stop probably costs you 3x as much, thats why they give the 3-4 stopover flights away as *rewards*... otherwise areoplan would lick balls liek every other *rewards* company and give you next to nothing.

It's not like they have no reward seats on the good non-sop flights compared with the short-haul flights; people just grab them much sooner.

When I booked to Asia on points in business class, I did it 9 months in advance.