PDA

View Full Version : Excellent sites.

T5_X
01-24-2003, 05:41 PM
http://www1.tpgi.com.au/users/mpaine/ncaplist.html
www.crashtest.com

These are websites with the most thorough data on crash testing I've ever seen. Very well referenced, and excellent links to useful sites.

How does you vehicle measure up? For 97, my truck is well ahead of any other compact, edging out GM, Toyota, Nissan and Dodge. However, it still gets a slightly better than average rating (not a too safe class of vehicles) LOL, my daytona does pretty well too. Must be the enormity of the hood area.

For benchmarks in saftey, look at how volvos and subarus (and newer audi/vw's) measure up, and to see why you should NOT buy a korean car, inspect the safety rating of almost all their vehicles.

Note that the IIHS offset crash test probably simulates the most common and realistic type of crash!!

dogstar
01-24-2003, 05:53 PM
neither of my vehicles is very well tested, but the 83 celica is in there and it scored maginally, lol, but i have an 82 supra behind my house that was t-boned at high speed and the guy walked away, so im not worried :)

calarina
01-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Wow, my car actually does well in collisions. 5 stars, and that's pretty good considering the age of when it was built. I'm proud, and impressed. :)