PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Thi Thi sub now open!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Kritafo
07-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes the second location for Thi Thi sub is now open. Grand opening special, buy a sub get a pop free!
You can never have enough of them!

They will be lunch and dinner tonight.

it's around 8th ave and 6th st SW

Happy Eating!

Kritafo

garyb
07-14-2005, 01:18 PM
thi thi is soooo goood, their super sub is wicked

nambis
07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
RADICAL:thumbsup:

i've heard this place has the best subs in the CGY but i've never been.

i might check it out this week

nambis
07-14-2005, 01:25 PM
does anyone know the exact address, or at least the block?

gonefishing
07-14-2005, 01:31 PM
thank god their line-ups are ridiculous

Seanith
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by nambis
does anyone know the exact address, or at least the block?

The other one is just off center street and riverfront avenue.. its right by a small park.

A2VR6
07-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Great news! Now it's closer to my office!

bonnieclyde240
07-14-2005, 03:40 PM
i might have to go there for dinner...:drool:

That.Guy.S30
07-14-2005, 08:19 PM
thanks guys!

as for location, our chinatown store is 201 1st s.e., we are located right in front of harry hays building. and our second store is on 6th st. and 8th ave suite 105(right beside/ontop of my apartment). thanks for all your compliments and support. i was down at the new store by the way. next time someone say hi! lol

Seanith
07-14-2005, 08:24 PM
So what do you guys think about that tryhard Thi Thi subs thats on 17th right by the highschool there?

t-im
07-14-2005, 08:27 PM
ooh i was there yesterday (chinatown one) haha

FiveFreshFish
07-14-2005, 08:27 PM
What are the new store's hours?

That.Guy.S30
07-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
What are the new store's hours?

we just opened the new store today, so we are testing possible hours. but as of right now our new hours for the new store are 10:30am to 7:00pm.

wildrice
07-14-2005, 11:21 PM
when's a busy time to avoid??
12-2??

and u got a number that we can call ahead to order?

mac_82
07-14-2005, 11:27 PM
you should stay open later on weekends! i have dropped by a couple times at 7.30pm-8pm to my dissapointment :confused: but love the subs.

Ben
07-15-2005, 01:53 AM
Still the 30+ minute waits? Havent had Thi Thi's for a while now and am going through some sort of withdrawl, but I never have the time to wait around. :(

please dont suggest calling in orders, tried it on several occasions, failed miserably. still ended up waiting 20 minutes because there seems to be a never ending abundance of old asian women in there walking out with bags of 6 or 8 subs that phoned in like 2 min before you.

toyboy88
07-15-2005, 07:46 AM
^^^
:werd: same here

but damn never had any subs better than this EVER yet...subway no, quiznos no, etc.

B17a
07-15-2005, 09:27 AM
I might give this second location a try. I used to be hardcore Thi Thi fan but the lineups were getting ridiculous, half an hour was a short day. Hopefully this second location is a little smoother.

wildrice
07-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Just went down to the new location. Looks great, subs taste even better. :thumbsup:

That.Guy.S30
07-15-2005, 04:29 PM
thanks guys!! i was down there once again today.
which one were you wildrice? and how do you think the new store looks?

and hours to watch for the new store are 11-1:30. gets really crz then. come in before and after that time and there will be a short live. the lines at the new store isnt bad at all since we have 5 ppl working in the front.

01RedDX
07-15-2005, 07:31 PM

wildrice
07-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
thanks guys!! i was down there once again today.
which one were you wildrice? and how do you think the new store looks?

and hours to watch for the new store are 11-1:30. gets really crz then. come in before and after that time and there will be a short live. the lines at the new store isnt bad at all since we have 5 ppl working in the front.

I was there around 2:30. Two asian guys. I was wearing a blue jacket.

I was gonna say something but I wasn't sure which one you were.

I overheard one of you guys say that you left sunridge nissan to work at thi thi.

Store looks great. Nice design, the sign outside looks great. Great service, great sub, great location. I'll be coming back.

That.Guy.S30
07-16-2005, 11:06 AM
the guy saying that he left nissan to work for thi thi was me. lol say hi next time.

Mr_John
07-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

I overheard one of you guys say that you left sunridge nissan to work at thi thi.

Binh the Baller is his name
making great subs is his game

max_boost
07-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Nice to see the family biz expanding. It's all about the family biz :D I still have to come down and try one of these subs!:drool: :thumbsup:

Kor
07-18-2005, 01:45 PM
I've stopped in a couple times, today I just missed the last Sate Rib... good subs at the new location, and the free pop for this grand opening is pretty awesome.

2000_SI
07-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
So what do you guys think about that tryhard Thi Thi subs thats on 17th right by the highschool there?

Kimon Subs?
They aint try hards man, they have good shit...

max_boost
07-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 2000_SI

Kimon Subs?
They aint try hards man, they have good shit... I think he's talking about Thai Thai. My good friend's brother owns it and business is dam good from what I hear. In addition to subs, they have vermicelli, curry dishes etc. Wouldn't label them try hard, Thai's the name of the owner's son. LOL :rofl:

HRD2PLZ
07-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I think he's talking about Thai Thai. My good friend's brother owns it and business is dam good from what I hear. In addition to subs, they have vermicelli, curry dishes etc. Wouldn't label them try hard, Thai's the name of the owner's son. LOL :rofl:

The subs are pretty good there, we grabbed some for a late night snack the other night on the way to the frireworks :thumbsup:

mac_82
07-18-2005, 03:19 PM
^^ It is a great option if you want a sub without the hastle of standing in line for 20-40 mins. Subs are almost as good as thi thi. :hitit:

2000_SI
07-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I think he's talking about Thai Thai. My good friend's brother owns it and business is dam good from what I hear. In addition to subs, they have vermicelli, curry dishes etc. Wouldn't label them try hard, Thai's the name of the owner's son. LOL :rofl:
Oops... need to read better next time....:nut:

Seanith
07-18-2005, 06:17 PM
yeah i just thought it was odd that their name was practically identical to the other place with the same kind of food..

That.Guy.S30
07-18-2005, 11:20 PM
thanks for the comments guys. i just got home from work, its nice to read good feedback.

Rav4Guy
07-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

The subs are pretty good there, we grabbed some for a late night snack the other night on the way to the frireworks :thumbsup:

actually.. it wasn't. We went to another place. :thumbsup:

SoSlowDx
07-19-2005, 12:16 AM
I will come down when I have time man but yeah Best Subs in Calgary been eating these since the ghetto dover days + deliveries lol

Kor
07-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Lucky me I work a block away, subs for ever!!!!

S4maniac
07-21-2005, 09:11 AM
These subs are awesome! I'm going down the list and trying every one.

I work in the same building ... damn, I'm gonna be 300 lbs soon all thanks to these subs.

oh ya, and the complimentary drink is a nice touch.

sabad66
07-21-2005, 09:37 AM
LOL I drove by the Thai Thai on 17th and figured it was yours because there was an STi parked in front of the place.

Kor
07-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Last day for free drink I think?

RawB8figure
07-21-2005, 09:59 AM
well if your in the NW

Try out Fusion Sub in Ranchlands by Al's Pizza.

They make one good sub too, everything is fresh and cooked in front of you. and for $1 more they will add a side (homemade soup or salad), and a canned drink.

and they also offer a wicked pita pizza.mmm

The guy is a chef and all dressings and sause are made in house, so im told.

That.Guy.S30
07-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by S4maniac
These subs are awesome! I'm going down the list and trying every one.

I work in the same building ... damn, I'm gonna be 300 lbs soon all thanks to these subs.

oh ya, and the complimentary drink is a nice touch.

lol thanks. which level do you work on? i was tlaking to a few guys when the fire alarm went on last week, which was anoying by the way.

Originally posted by sabad66
LOL I drove by the Thai Thai on 17th and figured it was yours because there was an STi parked in front of the place.

i wish i had an STi. i drive a TS wagon lol. gotta get the groceries lol

Originally posted by Kor
Last day for free drink I think?

yes. tommorow the promo is over.

once again thanks for the comments! cheers!

7thgenvic
07-22-2005, 03:34 AM
dammmit, i just had my fix of bubble tea tonight! keep up the good work.......

and we need a good beyond.ca deal for lanyards.

sabad66
07-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Just had a Peppered Chicken and it was DAMNN GOOD! The line-up actually wasnt that bad. I walked from 2nd street & 8th to Thi Thi, bought a sandwich and walked back all in 30 mins. (at 12:30).

Props to the store and the great tasting food :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kor
07-22-2005, 01:34 PM
If you go after about 1 its not too bad, same with around 11:30ish. Noon is busy!

Sate Beef is my favourite, Rib is pretty good too.

S4maniac
07-22-2005, 07:10 PM

lol thanks. which level do you work on? i was tlaking to a few guys when the fire alarm went on last week, which was anoying by the way.

I'm on the main floor ... my office backs to your kitchen. I should just burrow a hole and have you pass subs through to me. Seriously though, you guys are doing great and are a fantastic addition to the street. Great to have a quality option for lunch.

i wish i had an STi. i drive a TS wagon lol. gotta get the groceries lol

yes. tommorow the promo is over.

Dammit!!!!!

once again thanks for the comments! cheers!

B17a
07-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Thi Thi:thumbsup:

I must say I'm a born again Thi Thi lover. Just went over to the new shop today for lunch. I went at 12:30 on a great day out, the lineup was about as long as the one normally is down in Chinatown. However it went 10x as fast, literally took me 10 minutes from when I got there to when I paid and left. Kudos to the new shop and more importantly having 6 guys working to keep the line moving! I'm back baby!!:thumbsup:

That.Guy.S30
07-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by B17a
Thi Thi:thumbsup:

I must say I'm a born again Thi Thi lover. Just went over to the new shop today for lunch. I went at 12:30 on a great day out, the lineup was about as long as the one normally is down in Chinatown. However it went 10x as fast, literally took me 10 minutes from when I got there to when I paid and left. Kudos to the new shop and more importantly having 6 guys working to keep the line moving! I'm back baby!!:thumbsup:

thanks guys!! im now at the china town shop with my parents. this new store is a franchise just to let everyone know.
the lineup is about 10 minutes at the new store becuase of our "assembly" line and thats the way we want it to be lol.

once thanks for the comments.

Kor
07-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Yes the new store is very fast, it was lined up out the door and I still got my sub in 6-7 minutes today. There were 5 people working at once very efficiently!

DowntownCowboy
07-28-2005, 01:39 PM
At first I thought we were talking about the Tai Thai on 17th, b/c they have a great ultimate sub. Service is pretty blah and its usually busy (and they have a pickup window for students, hehe), but ya they have good hours. Did I mention the ultimate sub? :)

Now I'm gonna have to try the REAL Thi Thi since its close to my place!

Kor
07-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Thai thi is a mere shadow of Thi Thi. I think even the older sub place on 17th (kim ahn?) is better than Thai thi...

I put on like 10 lbs eating at Thi Thi every day for about 9 days straight, so now I gotta cut back to 1 or 2 a week, sorry Thi Thi.

That.Guy.S30
07-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by DowntownCowboy
At first I thought we were talking about the Tai Thai on 17th, b/c they have a great ultimate sub. Service is pretty blah and its usually busy (and they have a pickup window for students, hehe), but ya they have good hours. Did I mention the ultimate sub? :)

Now I'm gonna have to try the REAL Thi Thi since its close to my place!

yea come down to the new or old shop sometime. perferably the old one since i work there lol.

Originally posted by Kor
Thai thi is a mere shadow of Thi Thi. I think even the older sub place on 17th (kim ahn?) is better than Thai thi...

I put on like 10 lbs eating at Thi Thi every day for about 9 days straight, so now I gotta cut back to 1 or 2 a week, sorry Thi Thi.

lol. naw just cut back on the sate beef/chicken.. haha cheese is the enemy here, just joking. try the assorted, vege, or thi thi sub. they all have no cheese.

B17a
07-28-2005, 10:41 PM
I was back at the new one again today. I noticed now on both times that the sate chicken isn't as hot as the old place. Is it just me or did they tone it down?

That.Guy.S30
07-28-2005, 10:44 PM
I was back at the new one again today. I noticed now on both times that the sate chicken isn't as hot as the old place. Is it just me or did they tone it down?

its the same but i bet its becuase the chicken you got was ontop and not soaked in the sate sauce.

edit: would you like it spicier(sp)? cuz i still have to talk to staff and management down there and any input would be great.

B17a
07-29-2005, 09:25 AM

its the same but i bet its becuase the chicken you got was ontop and not soaked in the sate sauce.

edit: would you like it spicier(sp)? cuz i still have to talk to staff and management down there and any input would be great.

I love it spicy but my gut doesn't!:rolleyes:

Kor
07-29-2005, 09:37 AM
I kinda agree, its been a while since I have been to the old location but I remember the chicken being pretty spicy. I might have to walk down to the old one and do a compare :)

That.Guy.S30
07-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Kor
I kinda agree, its been a while since I have been to the old location but I remember the chicken being pretty spicy. I might have to walk down to the old one and do a compare :)

please do and come back with a report!!

rmk
07-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Cool, i will stop by Tuesday @ lunch. Does it get fairly busy?

That.Guy.S30
07-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by rmk
Cool, i will stop by Tuesday @ lunch. Does it get fairly busy?

at the new store the rush starts at 11:15 and lasts till 1:30. but the upside is that with 3-4 workers the wait can be as short as 8 minutes.

n1zm0
07-30-2005, 11:39 AM
is this open on weekends?:confused:

That.Guy.S30
07-30-2005, 11:44 AM
it is open on saturdays, i beleive 1-7 or 9 pm, im not sure, but not open on sundays.

GucciBoy
07-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Kor

Sate Beef is my favourite

OH YES

n1zm0
07-30-2005, 11:49 AM
so, i'm such a noob, i haven't been following, this is Bánh Mě right?Viet subs?, lotsa good reviews, ima go there today i think.:thumbsup:

k_dawg
07-31-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
so, i'm such a noob, i haven't been following, this is Bánh Mě right?Viet subs?, lotsa good reviews, ima go there today i think.:thumbsup:

You got it and there really really good subs too :thumbsup:

GucciBoy
08-04-2005, 11:22 AM
whats the thi thi sub made of? for us dairy free people.

Ya the one in chinatown in that tiny store was the best. $3.50 each I think it was, what are the prices now?

Kor
08-04-2005, 11:43 AM
There is cheese on the sub but I am sure you can get it without cheese - in which case I would imagine its non-dairy.

The prices range from 3.50 to nearly $6 which is still way less than subway.

That.Guy.S30
08-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by GucciBoy
whats the thi thi sub made of? for us dairy free people.

Ya the one in chinatown in that tiny store was the best. $3.50 each I think it was, what are the prices now?

the price depends on what sub you get. our prices have gone up, but they reflect the price increase of our supplies.

the thi thi sub is a variation of the assorted sub with the addition of some pepper beef added to it.

As a reccomendation for the dairy free people any sub will be fine as long as you ask for no mayo, and no cheese. other than that you should be fine. i believe you should be ok even if you have the mayo, but if you want to be on the safe side skip it.

cheers!

That.Guy.S30
08-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Kor
There is cheese on the sub but I am sure you can get it without cheese - in which case I would imagine its non-dairy.

The prices range from 3.50 to nearly $6 which is still way less than subway.

haha beat me too it Kor. thanks

but our prices actually range from 2.50 to 5.95.

GucciBoy
08-04-2005, 01:00 PM
aare your subs still 8'' or gone up to 12''?

Ill stop by very soon lol.

btw subway is hugely over rated, their so cheap on thier portions too "we can only give 2 olives":rolleyes:

That.Guy.S30
08-04-2005, 05:33 PM
our subs i beleive, but do not quote me, are somewhere between 10-12inch's. drop by and say hi sometime.

Ariakas
08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
How long has the original Thi Thi been around for? I remember buying subs when they were $1.50, only had assorted ones. I've been eating there since I was in high school some 12 yrs ago. Your dad still recognize me when I come by nowadays, said I'm fatter :D

Ben
08-08-2005, 03:20 PM
hmmm...do my Thi Thi supporting bretheren whom felt the pain of exceedingly long lineups at the original location recommend I give the new joint another chance?

As long as they have an efficient assembly line running is all I care. The original place is WAY too inefficient. Anything longer than 10 minutes is not classified as unacceptable in my books. Am I asking too much? Not trying to cut the place down, I love their subs and was such a huge supporter/spender of them, but Im not patient when it comes to waiting around for a 4 dollar sandwich in the heat or cold.

That.Guy.S30
08-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Ariakas
How long has the original Thi Thi been around for? I remember buying subs when they were $1.50, only had assorted ones. I've been eating there since I was in high school some 12 yrs ago. Your dad still recognize me when I come by nowadays, said I'm fatter :D

the original store in chinatown has been there for 15 years already. my dad has a good memory so he will always remmber your face lol.

Originally posted by Ben
hmmm...do my Thi Thi supporting bretheren whom felt the pain of exceedingly long lineups at the original location recommend I give the new joint another chance?

As long as they have an efficient assembly line running is all I care. The original place is WAY too inefficient. Anything longer than 10 minutes is not classified as unacceptable in my books. Am I asking too much? Not trying to cut the place down, I love their subs and was such a huge supporter/spender of them, but Im not patient when it comes to waiting around for a 4 dollar sandwich in the heat or cold.

ben, to answer your question, yes you should give the new place a try, as the wait (timed from the moment you line up till the moment you get ringed out) is approx 10 minutes or less. this is during lunch time when the lineup is out the door and around the corner, so yes this new store is efficient.

on a side note, i am down in chinatown helping the rents out and the wait is not as long as it used to be, i cannot say how long becuase i have not timed it yet, but it is abit quicker.

thanks guys!

GucciBoy
08-08-2005, 11:51 PM
ill stop by thurs or friday. what are your hours?

B17a
08-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Ben, you and I followed the same path. Hardcore Thi Thi fans then we got fed up of the lines and went to Trung Nguyen in the mall. I must however say the new one is worth switching back for! Same great subs (Thi Thi, BTW, I went back last week and the sate chicken was back up to par for spiciness, I must have gotten the top unseasoned chicken last time), same price, but literally a 10 min max wait. If you go early you're in and out in 5 minutes.:thumbsup:

Ben
08-09-2005, 10:03 AM

Ben, you and I followed the same path. Hardcore Thi Thi fans then we got fed up of the lines and went to Trung Nguyen in the mall. I must however say the new one is worth switching back for! Same great subs (Thi Thi, BTW, I went back last week and the sate chicken was back up to par for spiciness, I must have gotten the top unseasoned chicken last time), same price, but literally a 10 min max wait. If you go early you're in and out in 5 minutes.:thumbsup:

Thats all I neede to hear then. GUESS WHERE BENS GOING FOR LUNCH TODAY!!!

w00t! hahaha, It's honestly been like 2 years now. I'm already getting the shakes, in expectation, hahaha.

B17a
08-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Enjoy. It's also about 1/4 the walk for me which is an even better bonus!

Ben
08-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Enjoy. It's also about 1/4 the walk for me which is an even better bonus!

Is parking the total shits around 1215? I would imagine so...

B17a
08-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Wouldn't know I always walk the 2 blocks. They have parking??

That.Guy.S30
08-09-2005, 07:08 PM
ill stop by thurs or friday. what are your hours?

our store hours are 10:30am till 7pm on normal weekdays

Originally posted by Ben

there are parking meters upfront if you want to drive there. also there is a loading zone if you dont feel like paying. but usually the meters are all taking for.

Wouldn't know I always walk the 2 blocks. They have parking??

i wouldnt really call it parking. just parking meters.

GucciBoy
08-09-2005, 08:31 PM
just to confirm, you are on the same block as that korean place right? where the pita place used to be?

That.Guy.S30
08-10-2005, 12:11 AM
^^ yup that would be the place.

GucciBoy
08-18-2005, 01:02 AM
just wanted to say thi thi, I finally was in this afternoon, at around 2pm, and their very yummy indeed, but too spicey for me haha so I wont be eating too often lol. I was also hoping you had whole wheat bread. Plus IMO, taking out the stuff I cant eat (cheese) and choose to go without (sauce), really takes away from the taste, so kinda lose lose for me, ah well.

good stuff though, exceptional "going out of their way" service, - nice to see, since alot of places lack nowadays.:thumbsup:

Kor
08-18-2005, 04:01 AM
Today my sub was a bit on the dull side, less sauce on the sate beef. I was sad.

That.Guy.S30
08-18-2005, 11:33 PM
just wanted to say thi thi, I finally was in this afternoon, at around 2pm, and their very yummy indeed, but too spicey for me haha so I wont be eating too often lol. I was also hoping you had whole wheat bread. Plus IMO, taking out the stuff I cant eat (cheese) and choose to go without (sauce), really takes away from the taste, so kinda lose lose for me, ah well.

good stuff though, exceptional "going out of their way" service, - nice to see, since alot of places lack nowadays.:thumbsup:

yea i dropped by the new store today and the manager there told me you dropped by. you should have the sub without cheese, but you should have the sauce is a speical soy sauce, no dairy in it. thanks for dropping bye tho. i am now in the chinatown location.

edit: we also have subs that have no cheese and are less spicey. as for example our pepper beef, pepper chicken, sate rib (sweet), assorted and club sub. all are not spicey and taste just as good.

Originally posted by Kor
Today my sub was a bit on the dull side, less sauce on the sate beef. I was sad.

hey Kori appoligize for your dull sub, i have talked this over with my partners and managers and a suggestion i would have for you is to tell them how much sate sauce(ex alot or a little) beucase they have decided on a set "wetness" for our sub, and will only change it if asked for. i know it might be a bit of inconveince but this is so that the sub does not get soaked/soggy with sate sauce which makes it not as good.

thanks guys!! hope to hear you soon

GucciBoy
08-18-2005, 11:44 PM

yea i dropped by the new store today and the manager there told me you dropped by. you should have the sub without cheese, but you should have the sauce is a speical soy sauce, no dairy in it. thanks for dropping bye tho. i am now in the chinatown location.

edit: we also have subs that have no cheese and are less spicey. as for example our pepper beef, pepper chicken, sate rib (sweet), assorted and club sub. all are not spicey and taste just as good.

Actually I went without the cheese, and had some of the sauce. I normally dont eat white bread, but made an exception. I got the sausage one, guy said there was no peppers in it lol, but thats ok no worries.

All these years, always thought the chinatown store was shutdown for some reason haha. Used to always go there with my flips and eat for $3.50. Good times...

Shanghaied
08-29-2005, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Seanith

That place has got nothing on thi thi... it is indeed tryhard!

Ariakas
08-31-2005, 04:03 PM
So I went there yesterday at around 11:45am, were you there Thi Thi? I had two assorted with extra peppers. It seems the flavour is not as strong as the orginal Thi Thi, do they put less dressing on the bread? I have to say it's not up to par with the original Thi Thi for flavour. I'll have to try the sate ones next. Also I notice the subs are cheaper at the new place, is it related to location? However, I am happy to say I was in and out of there in 5 mins whoohoo...

That.Guy.S30
08-31-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Ariakas
So I went there yesterday at around 11:45am, were you there Thi Thi? I had two assorted with extra peppers. It seems the flavour is not as strong as the orginal Thi Thi, do they put less dressing on the bread? I have to say it's not up to par with the original Thi Thi for flavour. I'll have to try the sate ones next. Also I notice the subs are cheaper at the new place, is it related to location? However, I am happy to say I was in and out of there in 5 mins whoohoo...

i was there today.. ahahah first day back in a month and a half. was kinda slow and trying to get used to the shop. The ingredients are all the same at both places becuase we supply to the new store, so i think it all depends on who was making your sub, i bet the problem is becuase they didnt put enough patay on it. do you remember who made it?

when you say cheaper do you mean price? becuase the prices are universal. im glad to hear that you didnt have to wait long for your sub, but worried as it is not up to par to our shop in chinatown.

once again, thanks guys!

bobjr
09-01-2005, 01:29 AM
I have to say... the subs at Thi Thi are the deal. Last week I went to a place futher down 8th ave (coming back that way) one word.... CHOPPER. The sub was pretty bad, plus it was a bit more $$$. Not sure on what the place was called, had a window with a clueless person running it.

For some reason, the chinatown thi thi seems to be a bit better. That might be for the 1/2 hour wait and the hunger pains that come with it. Anyway, two thumbs up. Nice location and hope business is good.

Jr.

GucciBoy
09-01-2005, 02:54 AM

i was there today.. ahahah first day back in a month and a half. was kinda slow and trying to get used to the shop. The ingredients are all the same at both places becuase we supply to the new store, so i think it all depends on who was making your sub, i bet the problem is becuase they didnt put enough patay on it. do you remember who made it?

when you say cheaper do you mean price? becuase the prices are universal. im glad to hear that you didnt have to wait long for your sub, but worried as it is not up to par to our shop in chinatown.

once again, thanks guys!

chinatown, im surprised so many people still know about it because its so hidden.

Das_Amaretto
09-01-2005, 05:14 AM
mmm... assorted w/cheese and sate chicken and try again! is there fresh fruit bubble tea near the new location? if not, still gonna end up goin 2 chinatown for mah usu combo!

That.Guy.S30
09-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bobjr
I have to say... the subs at Thi Thi are the deal. Last week I went to a place futher down 8th ave (coming back that way) one word.... CHOPPER. The sub was pretty bad, plus it was a bit more $$$. Not sure on what the place was called, had a window with a clueless person running it.

For some reason, the chinatown thi thi seems to be a bit better. That might be for the 1/2 hour wait and the hunger pains that come with it. Anyway, two thumbs up. Nice location and hope business is good.

Jr.

thanks Jr. it does seem that around 50% of our customers seem to say that chinatown does taste better, but be assured i am working hard to fix this, i am as of now working at both stores once again. maybe its a psychological thing? lol you know like a placebo effect? hahah

Originally posted by Das_Amaretto
mmm... assorted w/cheese and sate chicken and try again! is there fresh fruit bubble tea near the new location? if not, still gonna end up goin 2 chinatown for mah usu combo!

i think there is a bubble tea place in the mall (stephen ave mall) im not sure tho!

B17a
09-06-2005, 01:48 PM
I've eaten hundreds from that Chinatown location and probably 20 from the new one so far. It's on par now. At least the sate chicken is which is all I order. Although its just a bit less spicy at the new one which works for me since the other caused certain digestive issues later on in the day!:D

Thy and Ken
05-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Does anybody know how to get in touch with the Thi Thi owners? We would like to inquire about their franchising opportunities.
Ken and Thy
902-368-3695

max_boost
05-13-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm so hungry right now, would kill for a sub! Too bad it's so far from where I am. :drool:

lexIS300
05-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Thy and Ken
Does anybody know how to get in touch with the Thi Thi owners? We would like to inquire about their franchising opportunities.
Ken and Thy
902-368-3695

just PM Thi_Thi Subs

sputnik
05-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Someone needs to tell the folks that run the 130th Ave SE location to toast their subs longer.

The last 2 times I have been there I have gotten my sub and the bread was barely warm never mind toasted.

trieuth
05-13-2008, 09:27 PM
I must say, when I was younger my mom would always buy vietnamese subs from thi thi by the harry hays building. And now i work a few blocks away from the location on 8th and I went there the other day and the quality has really gone down. they charge you 7 bucks for a sub, and all they give you 2 slices of shitty beef..

The Cosworth
05-13-2008, 09:27 PM
the one near husky tower got sold, went in there today.

eglove
05-13-2008, 09:40 PM
so all of them are related? i've only been going to the one down on 1st ave in chinatown, the little hole in the wall.

i've seen the one on 17th, and the one on centre st, are they the same company?