PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Part 2.

XylathaneGTR
01-24-2003, 06:39 PM
OK. I needed to make a new thread for this one, cause this is pretty important to me. And i need some more (sigh) Suggestions.
Ok, here we go.

I've decided to buy the 02 Si Veloz off my friend for 2,500 down, and i take over the Lease. I've also agreed to pay the fee's to transfer the lease to my name (Somewhere around 100 or so...soething like that)
Now, You guys all know, No company in the right mind would let a 15 year old sign the lease contract, and let me go with that. even if i proved i could make the payments (which i can...) there's a 103% Chance they wouldn't let me.
So, what comes down to it, is i have to get my dad to sign it to his name. Now, he's all set in his old fashoned ways or something, and thinks that me getting car = Bad Idea.
and so far, he wont change his mind.

Now, this is where you guys come in:

What can i do to convince my dad to sign the Lease contract so i can get my civic?

Your help is much much much appriecated here, cause i have NOOOO damn idea what else to do :(
thanks guys
-Darren

Ben
01-24-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

What can i do to convince my dad to sign the Lease contract so i can get my civic?

age 10 years and make six figures per annum

Personally, If I had kids I wouldn't trust my 15 year old to make every single car/insurance/gas/maintenance charge on a 700 dollar a month income. So I dont know...I really dont.

___2PaC___
01-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Benny

Personally, If I had kids I wouldn't trust my 15 year old to make every single car/insurance/gas/maintenance charge on a 700 dollar a month income. So I dont know...I really dont.

:werd:

three.eighteen.
01-24-2003, 06:57 PM
whats an Si Veloz? some civic variant it sounds like

kenny
01-24-2003, 07:00 PM
If I were your father I wouldn't do it unless you paid me AT LEAST one years worth of payment up front, and then continue on to pay each month. Kids promise to do lots of stuff, but don't go through with it.

But, why do you want to spend money on a car so badly? Do you really need to have a car? You should try public transit. There are so many costs to driving that you may not have taken into consideration such as gas and insurance.

Are you sure you will have the money to keep paying off your lease in a year? Do you have enough in savings to keep paying it off if you lose your job or something?

Just a few questions you need to answer before jumping in to buy a car!

XylathaneGTR
01-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Benny, I'll be alrite...

318: Its a Honda Civic Si, Veloz was a Trim Package, Its gat a bitta useless stuff, OEM SkirtPackage, Carbon Accents on the interior, Nicer gagues, (i think anyways) Exhaust Tip, etc. Little more Torque/Power over Your Average bear too.

Kenny: Ive seen your car befo, I love it :) And yes, I've tried ye old Public Transit. And its gay. And i HAVE taken into consideration Insurance Costs, and gas Money... And i think i'll be alrite.
I want the car, so i can have a car to get around, learn to drive better (key word, Better, im not that much of a newbie, but still.) And yes, Since the payments are staying the same, And im getting a raise 2 raises within 6 months. Yes, i'll have the money to continue paying it off. And my crappy job right now, has 100% security. The only way i could lose it, is if i Resigned, or did something EXTREAMLY fucking stupid, such as punched/kicked customer in face a few times for now reason, Didn't show up for a month etc. (yes, it has to be at least a month and a half before i can be fired for No Shows...gatta love the Union.) So technically, i dont have enough savings if i lose my job...but i prolly wont lose my job unless i do something to cause that.

Seems suprising to most, but i have spent a lot of time researching, and thinking through a lotta things about buying a car. I dunno tho...Whatever i guess.

boi-alien
01-24-2003, 07:34 PM
you know, if i were your dad i'd probably say not too. because, kids will promise the world and not go through with it. why is it that you have to get such a new car as your first car? i'm glad you're wanting to pay everything yourself but you're forgetting a whole bunch of stuff. buying a car isn't just about the car... there are lots of hidden costs. first is insurance, can you afford to pay that? second, maintenance (ie. gas), and thirdly, a just in case shit fund... cause you never know, there's just that something that might pop up and you'll need money. and what if you do lose your job? you may think that it's pretty hard to lose your job, but you never know, it could happen. and it does happen to people... also, i wouldn't pick up your friend's lease, leasing is pretty dumb unless you have a company. because after you're done paying the term you still have to pay a huge chunk in order for the car to be yours. just something to think about

VWhooligan
01-24-2003, 07:51 PM
if you were my kid, i'd say no as well.

there is no way in hell a 15 year old should have a 2002 car.

Ben
01-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Benny, I'll be alrite...

318: Its a Honda Civic Si, Veloz was a Trim Package, Its gat a bitta useless stuff, OEM SkirtPackage, Carbon Accents on the interior, Nicer gagues, (i think anyways) Exhaust Tip, etc. Little more Torque/Power over Your Average bear too.

Kenny: Ive seen your car befo, I love it :) And yes, I've tried ye old Public Transit. And its gay. And i HAVE taken into consideration Insurance Costs, and gas Money... And i think i'll be alrite.
I want the car, so i can have a car to get around, learn to drive better (key word, Better, im not that much of a newbie, but still.) And yes, Since the payments are staying the same, And im getting a raise 2 raises within 6 months. Yes, i'll have the money to continue paying it off. And my crappy job right now, has 100% security. The only way i could lose it, is if i Resigned, or did something EXTREAMLY fucking stupid, such as punched/kicked customer in face a few times for now reason, Didn't show up for a month etc. (yes, it has to be at least a month and a half before i can be fired for No Shows...gatta love the Union.) So technically, i dont have enough savings if i lose my job...but i prolly wont lose my job unless i do something to cause that.

Seems suprising to most, but i have spent a lot of time researching, and thinking through a lotta things about buying a car. I dunno tho...Whatever i guess.

in all that the thing that worries me the most is this one little phrase: "And i think i'll be alrite"

You dont KNOW you will be alright, you are counting on things that havent even happened yet.

Dont start spending money you dont have in your pocket yet kid.

Stratus_Power
01-24-2003, 08:33 PM
i would' say not too.. .. i mean come on you are still 15.. you cant even legally drive on your own down the street yet, and here you are buying a 20k vechicle. If you have the money to swing i wont blame you.. but you are pretty much spending every dim you have and you will ever get on something that is definitly not necessary at your age. Im not saying the idea of Getting a car is bad.. alot of ppl here got a car of any sort ( excluding me) at the age of 16.. but the idea of getting a 20k+ vechicle at the age of 15 and spending all the money you made in the last few years and all the moeny you ever will in the next few years on something is just wrong..

but if you really want to convince your dad then... prove to him that you are mature and responsable enuf to handle something as big as buying a car, whcih is the 2nd biggest investment you will make beside buying a house :P

XylathaneGTR
01-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Ohhh...
benny, your actually prolly right.
I dunno, if anyone can find a Decent sw20 MR2, DC2 Integra GSR, EK9 Civic or an SiR or a DECENT s13 240, i guess i'd be willing to go for those too...And they'd prolly be more affordable..
Fack, i dunno.
Thanks tho :(

Stratus_Power
01-24-2003, 08:52 PM
seriously though, dont get it unless you are absolutely sure that you CAN afford it... you dont want to end up begging your dad for help when you have a 15k debt on your back.. it will leave a bad bad impression on your parents for a LONG LONG time..

Blue Devil 2
01-24-2003, 09:05 PM
I agree with everyone here, bad idea. You'll be making so many payments it won't even be funny.

XylathaneGTR
01-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Hmmmm...
Well, i guess, sadly, i'll be shafted with either Public Trans, or an older Integra/Civic. :(
If anyone see's a DC2 GSR, 95 and up manual Civic (not a DX...or ex...) SW20 MR2, or an S13 240sx ...let me know if u can.
I again, appriecate it.

-Darren

Stratus_Power
01-24-2003, 09:19 PM
there is a pretty nice fully loaded 94' teg up here in deadmonton in the trader going for 9k

HACHIROKU_4AG
01-24-2003, 11:06 PM
i'm not one to promote hyundai's, but you can get a used late late late (meaning very recent :) model elantra or accent for dirt cheap. somewhere between $4000-$6000. it may not be as good looking or popular(especially amongst your friends) but who cares. you get a car, all to your self, it's great on gas, peppy and good fun while honing your driving skills in preparation for your later pride, and you dont break the bank!!! if i could go back in time, this is probably what i would have done. plus, since it's gonna be so new, you probably still have some warranty, it's for sure gotta be pretty reliable still and the paint wont be faded, scratched or just plain abused.

consider it kid. may make sense in a little while.

http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.asp?sid=86OYHHX13452119&rubno=4000&pa=8&pr=2&cregion=1001

gives you an idea

szw
01-24-2003, 11:10 PM
I'm not gonna lecture you on NOT getting a car...but SI Veloz sucks...you seem like a guy who wants a fast car, or at least to modify it a little. Modding that SI seems like a waste of time

max_boost
01-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Sorry buddy.....but I have to agree with everyone else here.....

kaput
01-24-2003, 11:39 PM

lammer
01-25-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by kaput
Hey kid! I'm 18 and I just bought my own car (paid cash for it) and after driving it for two months, parked it in favor of transit. It's simply not worth it, and like you, I asked for advice from everyone I say and they all said the same thing we're saying to you now. Theres the initial excitment which quickly dies off when you're dedicating everything you have to keeping the thing running.

You may want a car now, but I guarentee that in two months, you either WONT be able to afford it (you're looking at at least $1000/month!) or will realize that the amount of money that you're putting into it is insane and change your mind. It was the latter that convinced me to park my car. I have lots of money and could easily afford to run the thing, but it simply makes sense to put that money away for later. You're 15. You do NOT need a car, ESPECIALLY a new car.

Have you actually worked out every single cost associated with owning a car, and calculated a definite dollar amount per month that you would be responsible for? If you're pulling in ~$12,000/year at age 15, why not save it up for the next two or three years, and have your entire education paid for? Or if that's already covered, you'll have $36,000 sitting around by the time your my age. You sound fairly mature, but I know from experience that experience is sometimes the only way to learn. You may have to buy the car and realize for yourself how much time and money your giving up for it.

To give you an idea where I'm comming from, I got my first job when I was 16 (grade 11), and I've been working it for two years. I saved 98% of the money I made. Today I OWN an $8000 car, my entire education is paid for (well like $23,000, which should cover it if I stay in Calgary) so I won't have to work until I graduate university (although I choose to work minimum hours just so I don't get lazy), and I have thousands of dollars in the bank. I'm totally free. Anything I need or want, I can have. All it took was two years working part time after school. The first thing I wanted when I started working was a car. Like your parents, mine said absolutely not, and I thank them for it, because I would have absolutely nothing I have now had I bought a car at that age. Sometimes parents are right. :werd: its not as easy as you say it is. "oh i have it planned out and all this other load of crock" but your dad is right, because like everyone else said, you will not have enough funds, just because you turn 16 doesn't mean you'll be the most pimpin' kid by having a car. i rather take the transit with my friends. but since me and my friends are almost all around the ages of 18 we almost all have our own cars, and such, Our cars aren't worth 15000 dollars, no.
out of my friends we have cars ranging from 500 bucks to 5000 dollars. so ya..take it easy, don't rush into it.
im still trying to find myself a beater.

12V
01-25-2003, 12:39 AM
I think if you want something bad anough and your willing to do what it takes to get it, than go for it. just plan ahead, know what your getting into.
...ie.if your insurance goes up due to tickets ect. a new driver with a brand new car will be very expensive for insurance.

if i where you, instead I would buy an older civic or something (ins. will be less, payments will be less.) and it won't lose as much value as a new one.
...New drivers tend to bang up their first car a little. I bet you'd be pretty heart-broken if you smashed up a brand new car, of roasted the engine, racing around. ...shit happens.

Buy something that will satisfy the "cool factor" but will be more realistic for your situation.

...But if you really want it ...life is short ...

KoRnJD
01-25-2003, 12:40 AM
Xylathane,

I think Kaput has done a good job of putting it into perspective for you. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/cool.gif

Here is an example of my car...

2003 Jetta 1.8T
Monthly Expenses

$200 - Gas
$400 - Payment
$120 - Insurance
$50 - Miscellaneous Expenses

$770 - TOTAL

Now, I make more than $700/month. However, I'm 24, I have a clean record, and I've been driving for 8 years. In addition to this, I own a 4 door. Also, a 2-door Civic is in one of the highest insurance brackets. Have you checked out what your rates are going to be yet? I bet you'll be shocked.

When I was 17, I bought my first car (drove my parents' car before that time). It was a $4,500 automatic (yech). I was making over $1,000 per month, and I ended up defaulting the loan from the bank and my parents had to pay it off (thanks for them). Then, I got another car (after that one got written off by some stupid lady in a VW Fox). I got a 5-sp. The clutch blew. $700 to fix it!! I was without a car for 2 months.

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else to an extent. I don't think it's a good idea, but then again, I did it, and my credit suffered for it for a long time.

I remember what it was like to feel how you feel. It almost feels like having a car is an absolute necessity. Get a beater. Beaters are cool, because then you won't get mad at your friend when he spills his McDonald's in your car, you don't have to park in the farthest part of the mall lot, you don't have to scream when a truck cuts you off and sprays you with gravel. That kind of cool stuff... http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/biglaugh.gif

Maybe you need to make your own mistake? http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/sad/confused3.gif

I wish you luck with whatever you do...http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif

kaput
01-25-2003, 12:10 PM

XylathaneGTR
01-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Bllllargh.
I guess you guys are right.
Ive figured out that if i actually SAVE (and ive been doing an alrite job so far, spending a bit on clothes/food ehre and there) I'll have 8,000 by mid summer, and by winter, about 12-14....depending.
So, i guess you guys are right...
I know i've talked to one guy, who's 21 with a nice benzie, and i recall him saying the only reason he was able to afford it was cause he didn't blow his cash when he was 16 on a car and have a fuckload of trouble paying for it.
And yeah, highschool doesn't matter for a car. I'll always have my friends (One getting a BMW that i can get rides to school in) to mooch off of, parents to mooch off of, and of course, Public Transit.

But its hard to wait and save.
Everytime i see some young guy go by in a nice hooked up car, you know, I want the same thing. And its hard saving money. Really, really fucking hard. It burns a hole in your pocket (maybe its just me tho.)

I go to the mall, not even LOOKING for stuff for myself, and leave with a 90 dollar Tshirt for me, or something along those lines.
I just have a feeling that i wont be able to save up the 20,000 or so by the time im 18...

XylathaneGTR
01-25-2003, 07:45 PM
sorry, forgot to add this to above.
I appriecate all the insight and thoughts you guys have helped me with...
I'll prolly be happy someday in a few years that you guys made me change my mind on trying to buy a Type S and waste everything.
-Darren

kenny
01-25-2003, 07:49 PM
You mention that you'll never lose your job unless you do something stupid... but you probably have never thought of the company you work for going under. Lots of people lose jobs, there are cutbacks/layoffs so even if you do your job as assigned, you could face the axe.

If you don't think you can save your cash without spending it, invest it in something. Goto your bank and ask about some investing options, they'll have your money for 1, 2, 3... or more years and hopefully you'll make a decent return on it.

It might seem like a crappy idea now to save your money and not buy a car, but you'll be glad you did in a few years when you have that much more money to spend on a car, and not worry about owing your bank a shitload of money. Debts suck.

kaput
01-25-2003, 08:15 PM

max_boost
01-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Hey Kaput.....props to you! You will have a very nice car in a few years.....I wish I was smart with my money when I was 18.....instead I blew it all on useless things......boy I sure regret that.....but its never too late since I still live at home and my income is decent for a 21 year old

Stratus_Power
01-25-2003, 10:38 PM
what kind of investment are there? I dont have money but i do have a grand or 2 that i want to put away as a back up net

max_boost
01-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
what kind of investment are there? I dont have money but i do have a grand or 2 that i want to put away as a back up net

You can buy GICs
Guaranteed Investment Certificates......
The money will be locked away for a certain period of time 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years.....at a set interest rate.....you won't make a lot of interest (unless you have a large amount) but your money is put away to make more money! And you won't spend it!

Stratus_Power
01-25-2003, 11:08 PM
so how i just go to my bank and ask them about it? ( bmo)

max_boost
01-25-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
so how i just go to my bank and ask them about it? ( bmo)

Go to the website
www.bmo.com
And look under personal finances, then investments......there is a wide range of short/long term investments.....its a good way to lock away your money......so you don't waste it on useless things!

The more money you have laying around.....the most useless stuff you will find in your house! haha

I have a Premium Rate Savings Account with BMO right now.....I'm not earning a lot of interest.....$0.13 last month! haha but you have to start somewhere!:thumbsup:

Stratus_Power
01-25-2003, 11:38 PM
oh nice thanx!

KoRnJD
01-25-2003, 11:51 PM
But its hard to wait and save.
Everytime i see some young guy go by in a nice hooked up car, you know, I want the same thing. And its hard saving money. Really, really fucking hard. It burns a hole in your pocket (maybe its just me tho.)

I go to the mall, not even LOOKING for stuff for myself, and leave with a 90 dollar Tshirt for me, or something along those lines.
I just have a feeling that i wont be able to save up the 20,000 or so by the time im 18...

Hey man,

I hear 'ya. We've all been there, at some point or another. Hell, before I met my wife/girlfriend/fiancee (don't ask), I was super irresponsible with my money. She keeps me in check, you know?

Quote: It burns a hole in your pocket

Absolutely. It's really difficult.

Stick with it. You'll be happy you did.

When the weather gets nicer, we'll take out a sweet car, OK?

Good luck,

Ian.

kaput
01-25-2003, 11:58 PM

KoRnJD
01-26-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by kaput

You were talking to me, right? Right? :rofl: :thumbsup: :drool: :burnout:

You too man, you too. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif

max_boost
01-26-2003, 12:29 AM
To keep things on topic.....how is the new Z4? :D

KoRnJD
01-26-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
To keep things on topic.....how is the new Z4? :D

:D

They've done a great job with the car. It's really stiff, and the seating position is amazing. Although the styling is somewhat controversial, I love it.

:D

XylathaneGTR
01-27-2003, 12:39 PM
Those GIC's sound like a good idea...I should do that.
Cause yeah, when ever im in Chinook, market, TD, etc. I just end up spending money on stuff i really dont need, mostly clothes. Some of that shit is so fucking expensive :(
But yeah. i think i'll go down today or tommorow, and look into some of them GIC's so i cant waste my money :(

Ian: Yeah, how about letting me drive that nice ass 360 :D, or the m3 infront of it :D
I went out with a chick who's dad had an M3 SMG...It was pretty nice.
Anyways, yeah...GIC's and saving till im an Adult sound pretty good. Cause yeah, when weighing up my options (Wasting money at 16, and not being able to appriecate/enjoy my car) or (Saving till im 18/21, and buying a facking NICE car, and being able to fully enjoy it) Saving sounds a little better for the long run :)

thanks for your help guys...
-Darren

XylathaneGTR
01-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Also, about the GIC's...
Im with TD...(TorontoDominion) http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/GICs/guide.jsp
Which would be best for me ... Im not all into financial guides and shit...

But mainly what im looking for is my Cash, locked away,with NO access (cause i'll be easily tempted to spend it) until maturity, for about 3 years, and i would like the fact that i could ADD to it, as in, start with 2,500 or something, and everytime i get ane extra 1,000...Add it to the balance.
Any suggestions? Could i invest my money with BMO even tho im with TD?

Thanks...

And btw, Ian:
I was wondering if the BMW dealership (prolly not, but wtv) Would be looking for a Lot boy, or something along the lines of a basic mechanic in your Parts/Service shop. do you have any idea if they are? Cause i would rather do that, than work at my current job... Cause this is in a feild i am a lot more interested in. Thanks :D

KoRnJD
01-27-2003, 02:25 PM
Ian: Yeah, how about letting me drive that nice ass 360 :D, or the m3 infront of it :D

Xylathane,

Well, we can take out the Modena, if you have $250,000 +GST. The M3 with SMG was sold on Saturday.

We'll have to find something else to drive... :D

XylathaneGTR
01-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Ian, if i dropped by sometime soon , could i at least sit in it and take a picture of me in it and then post whore it around :D Im guessing to test drive the Modena, you pretty much have to have a briefcase full of money :( ohhh lol
I drive by the dealership almost every day, I saw the M3 still there saturday morning on my way to work :(
How about an m5? :D

Anyways, do you know of anything i can do to get into the area of work? Like, i know enough basic things in mechanical terms to be a basic mechanic, like, at a service garage kinda thing. And i could prolly pull off like, being a "Lot boy" kinda thing. Even sitting behind a desk all day and dealing with complaining customers...
Do u know anything i could do to maybe get something like that? At any dealership?
Thanks

lilboykorea
01-27-2003, 09:59 PM
if ur dad disagrees, listen to him, ur parents know whats right for you

ive tried to convince my parents sooo many times, but its partly my fault i dont have a car right now too since ive been slaccking off school for a while
but yea they aggreed to get me a motorcycle as long as i get better in school and stay as normal as possible

just dont get a car...
save the money work hard and get your self a better car later on in just a few years

XylathaneGTR
01-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Lilboykorea: Yeah, ive decided on saving/investing with Canadian Savings Bonds and GIC's. My dad said he'd consider helping me at theend of grade 12,/when im outta highschool, becuase u dont need a car in highschool (his exact words.)
its better in the long run.

lilboykorea
01-27-2003, 10:18 PM
yea thats what my parents say all the time...
being immigrated asians, its not really appropriate for high school students to have cars...

oh man but boy does it ever suck to see other faggets drive around in nice cars when they're 16...

KoRnJD
01-27-2003, 10:28 PM
How about an m5? :D

Anyways, do you know of anything i can do to get into the area of work? Like, i know enough basic things in mechanical terms to be a basic mechanic, like, at a service garage kinda thing. And i could prolly pull off like, being a "Lot boy" kinda thing. Even sitting behind a desk all day and dealing with complaining customers...
Do u know anything i could do to maybe get something like that? At any dealership?
Thanks

M5? I dunno... :confused: :D

M cars are usually not test driven. :)

In terms of working in the industry...you need to have a relatively clean driving abstract (and therefore a licence), and I'm not sure about age requirements. I may be able to get you a job at VW...

KoRnJD
01-27-2003, 10:30 PM
...I've decided on saving/investing with Canadian Savings Bonds and GIC's...

Good idea. :thumbsup:

lilboykorea
01-27-2003, 11:07 PM
hey get ME a job at vw i have my license:thumbsup:

SI-vic
01-27-2003, 11:09 PM
ME TOO!
I need a new job pretty badly.....
haha Please?!?!!!

Stratus_Power
01-27-2003, 11:12 PM
i wouldn't mind working at VW as a summer job :P

max_boost
01-27-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by KoRnJD

M5? I dunno... :confused: :D

M cars are usually not test driven. :)

In terms of working in the industry...you need to have a relatively clean driving abstract (and therefore a licence), and I'm not sure about age requirements. I may be able to get you a job at VW...

How did you get into the industry? More specifically, how did you land with BMW?!:bigpimp: And what is the pay like?:D

KoRnJD
01-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Oh boy. I knew I shouldn't have posted the job offer thingy... :banghead:

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lol2.gif

max_boost,

As far as getting into the industry; I moved here from Toronto in January of 2001 and applied at VW (Fifth Avenue Auto Haus) in April, 2001. They like to hire without experience. I'm actually a former computer geek. I worked at a computer company that supplied all of the computers across Canada to Royal Bank, CIBC, McDonald's, etc. doing network installations.

I had a great time at Fifth Ave. They are a great bunch of people who really know how to have fun. Selling VWs was a definite plus too, as I've always been a fan of German cars.

I'm having a great time at BMW. In addition, I get to sell a premium German marque, while still being at a car show everyday. :burnout:

I love my job. :thumbsup:

XylathaneGTR
01-28-2003, 01:48 PM
Ian: Hmmm, How about a Z8? lol, i heard u guys dont ahve one down there.
ANyways...Thats why i wanted to get into the Industry, Because im fascinated with cars. I want to be able to enjoy my job, like your doing.

One of my friends applied for a job at the VW up at Northland, and they said they cant hire kids, so he pretended to cry and they gave him a Tshirt and a brochour on the VW Beetle.
lol
Anyways, maybe when im 16, i'll go down and apply at a few places.

KoRnJD
01-28-2003, 01:54 PM
One of my friends applied for a job at the VW up at Northland, and they said they cant hire kids, so he pretended to cry and they gave him a Tshirt and a brochour on the VW Beetle.
lol

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lol2.gif

Stratus_Power
01-28-2003, 03:25 PM
hmmmm i could use a new T-shirt...

Ben
01-28-2003, 03:33 PM
lol
yeah, that sounds like the typical Northland pass the buck mentality

As far as the Auto Industy goes...its definatly not an easy job, I mean cars are some of the most competitive market in the world, and you definatly have to know how to approach every single person. If you are not extremely good at public speaking, if you get discouraged easy, if you are affraid of confrontation, and show superiority of your product over anouther, then its not for you. also be prepared to take the good with the bad. you may bust your ass and make 200 bucks off of a 20-30 hour deal, and then you may have someone comming in that knows what they want and wont beat you down on the price and then kick you in the junk to make you go lower.

Its definatly a diverse industry to be in to say the least.

Make sure you are ready for it, as the pase...is EXTREMELY fast.

SI-vic
01-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Oh boy. I knew I shouldn't have posted the job offer thingy... :banghead:

Help a desperate poor brotha out, i'll even wash the cars as my job.
hahahaha

KoRnJD
01-28-2003, 04:10 PM

yeah, that sounds like the typical Northland pass the buck mentality

As far as the Auto Industry goes...its definitely not an easy job, I mean cars are some of the most competitive market in the world, and you definitely have to know how to approach every single person. If you are not extremely good at public speaking, if you get discouraged easy, if you are afraid of confrontation, and show superiority of your product over another, then its not for you. also be prepared to take the good with the bad. you may bust your ass and make 200 bucks off of a 20-30 hour deal, and then you may have someone coming in that knows what they want and wont beat you down on the price and then kick you in the junk to make you go lower.

Its definitely a diverse industry to be in to say the least.

Make sure you are ready for it, as the pace...is EXTREMELY fast.

:werd:

KoRnJD
01-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic

Help a desperate poor brotha out, i'll even wash the cars as my job.
hahahaha

Unfortunately, I'm not in charge of hiring...

(back-pedaling) :nut:

Ben
01-28-2003, 04:19 PM

Unfortunately, I'm not in charge of hiring...

(back-pedaling) :nut:

Dude, When I saw you post that, I just laughed and shook my head, I knew you would get whored on that, how many PM's have you got from people going "Hook Me UP", hahaha

KoRnJD
01-28-2003, 04:33 PM

Dude, When I saw you post that, I just laughed and shook my head, I knew you would get whored on that, how many PM's have you got from people going "Hook Me UP", hahaha

Me and my big mouth... http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/mdrmed.gif

XylathaneGTR
01-28-2003, 04:54 PM
lol, its a field everyone wants, Your lucky to be selling BMW's... i wish i could :D Maybe if BMW made a bicycle or something, i could sell that :D

KoRnJD
01-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Maybe if BMW made a bicycle or something, i could sell that :D

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/laugh.gif

max_boost
01-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Ok KoRnJD.....

I love BMW's.....I am a marketing Major.....I can drive 5 speed.....I know how to drive lowered cars.......can I give you my resume? I am currently bussing tables at a Chinese Food Restaurant and I have excellent customer service skills! haha

szw
01-28-2003, 09:00 PM
I'll be a lot attendant, or just wash/detail the cars! You can pay me with 'alone time with the car' haha jk

XylathaneGTR
01-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Szw. No! thats my job.
The only cars outside out front are a Lonly X5 and a lower class 3 series (as far as i know)

I have WONDERFUL customer service skills. As a bag boy at Co-op, i deal with hundreds of customers daily, and my Grade 10 education makes me Ideal for the job :D And i know how to deal with all sorts of customers. A bit of a side story, This one time, at my first job (Ugh...McDonalds w00t w00t!) I almost got stabbed by an angry, slightly crazy, customer. Interesting and true story.
I can drive a Manual with a bit of practice (i need a little more :() but i dont suck...!

Hire me! now :D
lol