PDA

View Full Version : sr20det timing chain marks

n1zm0
07-14-2005, 07:58 PM
so ive decided to do the timing chain on my SR20DET (redtop), now on the cam gears, there are 2 circles, can anyone please help and tell me where they are supposed to be, like both top dead center?, or both of the circles facing eachother, or both pointing in a certain direction?, theres a yellow link on the timing chain, or is this irrelevant to the timing.

the mitchell internet shop manual at my shop doesnt work, so I really dont know what to do.

my buddy says maybe the chain jumped because the 2 circles never align with eachother.

also to take the crank pulley off, is there some sort of special tool, seems very tough to pull off and i dont wanna try sticking a prybar behind the pulley to get it off.

Pls if anyone can tell me i would be very grateful.
thanks

ilovemys14
07-14-2005, 08:51 PM
I dont know about your timing marks but don't pry on your crank pulley. You need a puller for that, they are cheap enough and easy to use. If you work at a shop they will have one. (I would hope)

P.S. I dont know if mitchell would help anyway SR20DET's were never available here... so no info... unless maybe you checked for a sentra/200sx with a SR20DE... that might be the same..

dymz999
07-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Just make sure the engine is TDC. And then you just need to get the CAS lined up properly. For all the information and this is as good as it gets go here:

http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2motorsports/howtosetcaso.html