PDA

View Full Version : Washroom in basement

redline_13000
07-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Would I be able to make the drain for the toilet and shower in the basement or would it be better to get a professional?

jdmakkord
07-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Unless you like using a jack hammer for hours, I would pay someone else to do it. Plus you need city inspectors to come and check everything over.

Xtrema
07-14-2005, 10:31 PM
That usually mean digging up your concrete in the basement and run some pipes to main drain pipe. If it's a couple of feet, sure. But any more than that, get a pro.

And if don't know plumbing, get a pro as well. That's not the pipe you wanna mess with.

Khyron
07-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Positive there wasn't one roughed in? Just know a few that had it and didn't know.

Khyron

codo
07-15-2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Unless you like using a jack hammer for hours, I would pay someone else to do it. Plus you need city inspectors to come and check everything over.

using a jack hammer sucks ass get a pro.

D. Dub
07-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Positive there wasn't one roughed in? Just know a few that had it and didn't know.

Khyron

Any home built in the 80's and after should have it roughed in.

Zero102
07-15-2005, 11:07 PM
My house was built in 89, no rough-in. It was built by Jager. A LOT of houses don't have it roughed in.

Don't use a jackhammer unless you really want to fuck up your basement floor. Use a concrete saw. You could rent one for a pretty good rate. It's not actually all that bad. We had to run it about 20 feet in our basement. Once it's cut out, if you don't know much about plumbing, you might want to hire a pro. Not somewhere you want things going wrong, in case you have to dig it up again.

kaput
07-16-2005, 10:06 AM

BokCh0y
07-16-2005, 11:05 AM
ours was roughed in when we built our house but it was an option that we had to pay extra for. we developed our basement about a year ago and the contractor actually had to move the roughed in drain location by about 5-7 feet. we disscussed doing it on or own but after comparing the amount of work to the cost we decided it would be safer/cheaper just to have it done professionally. contractor actually had to cut and move the drain like i said by about 5-7 feet then re-cement and seal the location. they did it in about half a day or so.

go pro dude - less worries more peace of mind.