PDA

View Full Version : Road rage

NickGT
01-24-2003, 08:10 PM
Saw two fuckin idiots raging on each other on bow bottom south, close to canyon meadows drive. a black truck, and a small car. Each cut the other off about 2 times each between the intersection going into diamond cove, and then at canyon meadows itself where they both turned and headed westbound on canyon meadows..... So many near collisions....

How dumb are people? Really? :guns: :rofl:

12V
01-25-2003, 12:54 AM
stupid.

Murph
01-25-2003, 12:57 AM
just a while ago i saw someone force there way into a traffic line from a merging lane, The people who got cut off actually got out of the car when everyone was stopped at the following red light, to yell/threatin (sp) the other drive.

NickGT
01-25-2003, 10:20 AM
thats psycho... people need to relax a bit. for one thing, its snowy and icy out there now.... they should ask themselves if its really worth it risking their lives driving recklessly just to "get even" with another driver. But then again they're probably to dumb to ever rationalize anything.

kevie88
01-25-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Murph
just a while ago i saw someone force there way into a traffic line from a merging lane, The people who got cut off actually got out of the car when everyone was stopped at the following red light, to yell/threatin (sp) the other drive.

heh.. that's called "MERGING"... I fucking hate it when people close the gaps and try to cut you off. I just go anyway, and let them figure it out.

GTS Jeff
01-25-2003, 12:41 PM
argh! some older style j body was weaving in and out even tho its 35 below and the roads are shitty....arrrrr wtf

buh_buh
01-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

heh.. that's called "MERGING"... I fucking hate it when people close the gaps and try to cut you off. I just go anyway, and let them figure it out.
what I hate even more is when people stop in the merge lanes treating it as a yield.

m@+CH
01-25-2003, 02:40 PM
the roads r crap..they'll figure it out sooner or later

frenchdriver
01-25-2003, 03:37 PM
road rage goes away when you crash your car and get slammer into the windshield... :(

NickGT
01-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
argh! some older style j body was weaving in and out even tho its 35 below and the roads are shitty....arrrrr wtf

Some people think they are invincible.... how wrong they are . . . :dunno:

ramminghard
01-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Doesn't anyone on here get road rage? I have been known to have some problems with it. I don't drive wrewcklessly though, i just pull over and solve it that way.

ConVict
01-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Yes, road rage is bad ! But let me ask you this ! If someone cuts you off, or does something extemely rude or ignorant what shoudl you do?.... nothing ?
What will the person learn that does it ?
Nothing, the person will do it more because they know they can get away with it !
There is no answer to road rage, and if people calm down a bit because they are scared half the people who drive have guns, then GOOD... I would hate to see how people drive with no worries of getting shot for what they do !

NickGT
01-25-2003, 05:14 PM
I'd probably finger them at the next chance i got but seriously, you don't know how close they came to hitting each other each time they cut each other off. Although in the work truck me and the other guys woulda been able to stop, but you could so see it happening, they both turned off like i said to go westbound on canyon meadows, and im sure the battle continued.... finger someone, express your frustration that way. I can't justify cutting people off just to get even... but hey if you'd rather risk your own safety, and risk possible damage to your car, do what you have to to feel better than the other guy...

ramminghard
01-25-2003, 05:29 PM
what really makes me mad is when someone else is wrong and they flip you off andways.

GTS Jeff
01-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard
Doesn't anyone on here get road rage? I have been known to have some problems with it. I don't drive wrewcklessly though, i just pull over and solve it that way. i use my horn to relieve the stress

Glowrider
01-25-2003, 06:52 PM
When I first started driving, I would flip out on the road if something even remotely bothered me. I don't know why. Especially traffic. Traffic made me crazy, I would sit in my car, screaming and punching the steering wheel.

After a while I learned to calm down. Traffic gave me an excuse to be late to things that I didn't really want to do. :)

yakish
01-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by m@+CH
the roads r crap..they'll figure it out sooner or later
the sooner the better

NickGT
01-25-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider

Traffic gave me an excuse to be late to things that I didn't really want to do. :)

Good quote to live by :thumbsup:

what really makes me mad is when someone else is wrong and they flip you off andways.

True enough =/ I guess the best way to combat that, is to smile and wave, just so you get the satisfaction of pissing them off even more.... lunatics

Zephyr
01-25-2003, 09:01 PM
road rage here is worse. like a long time ago a guy shot a woman in the back of the head because she cut him off. another was a man attacked another driver with golf clubs when they both pulled over.

ramminghard
01-25-2003, 09:15 PM
I have a bat that just sits behind the seat in my truck. never get in road rage unarmed.

sexualbanana
01-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

Originally posted by buh_buh

what I hate even more is when people stop in the merge lanes treating it as a yield.

i hate those guys that think yields r merges and just blaze out of the lane thinking u'll give them room

Originally posted by ConVict

There is no answer to road rage, and if people calm down a bit because they are scared half the people who drive have guns, then GOOD... I would hate to see how people drive with no worries of getting shot for what they do !

please please please tell me ur kidding.

Originally posted by Zephyr
road rage here is worse. like a long time ago a guy shot a woman in the back of the head because she cut him off. another was a man attacked another driver with golf clubs when they both pulled over.

is this what u want happening on streets convict??

lammer
01-25-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

i hate those guys that think yields r merges and just blaze out of the lane thinking u'll give them room

THATS what i hate..omg man
those bastards

ConVict
01-25-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
is this what u want happening on streets convict??

All I am saying is there is no solution for the problem ! It sucks but when someone cuts me off I just let it go like it didnt happen. Seems to be working for me :thumbsup:
People do pull out guns, or bats and beat the shit out of each other... shit I even saw a video of a 5 foot tall white boy start throwing punchs at a 6'5'' black dude that was twice the wieght, people just snap sometimes and in all honesty its people taking out there frustrations on the road because they have no other place to do it...

Oh ya the white boy got body slammed on the pavement and got knocked the fuck out :rofl:

mrmattyk
01-26-2003, 03:34 AM
I have a bat that just sits behind the seat in my truck. never get in road rage unarmed.

Throw in a ball and glove to be safe. If you get pulled over by a cop and he asks you WTF you are doing with a bat, you 'play baseball' ;)

szw
01-26-2003, 03:48 AM
Getting out of your car to yell at someone is just stupid, when you are lying in the hospital bed you can say "well it seemed like a good idea at the time".

People should calm down...I used to get all huffy when somebody cut me off. Most of the time its by accident (stupidity) so I try to watch out for them and give them room before it happens.

I accidentally cut someone off a while back, they we're coming up pretty fast and weren't there when I checked. I was wrong on my part, luckily she had braked in time.

Anyways I felt bad and gave a 'thank u wave' immediately and watched the girl's face turn from rage to very confused. hehe...

Stuck on traffic on 16th ave, I saw a semi almost run over a biker. At the next light they were yelling at each other pretty fiercely, it was entertaining to say the least!

Nix87
01-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Who knows what people think these days...like let it go

Nick

civic_stylez
01-27-2003, 07:51 PM
i dont see why people think its worth spending a life in jail for killing someone that cut you off. although i must admit id like to kill some of the drivers out there.