PDA

View Full Version : No wiring harness??

James
01-25-2003, 03:33 AM
Ok, When i crashed my Passat back in April, the Insurance Company let me take my stereo, i took out my sub and amp, and my Buddy was taking out the Deck. Well my idiot friend forgot the wiring harness in the car! ....so i have this Pioneer Premier DEH-48 ( couple years old) CD Player that has no wires coming out the back! It still worked fine, and even though it looks a little old School its more than enough for my tastes for now, plus it matches the vintage look of my car!:tongue:.......Is there any place where i could possily get the wires? or does anyone know enough about electrical shit to ghetto-rig the wire setup?? Any other ideas?.....Even if i had the wires in there, the most i could possibly sell it for would be like $50-75 im guessing, if that. so i just want a Cheap way for this to work!..........I took my Current CD player in the get fixed Cause it was skipping like a mofo.( under warranty) and having no tunes licks ass! :banghead:

frenchdriver
01-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by James
Ok, When i crashed my Passat back in April, the Insurance Company let me take my stereo, i took out my sub and amp, and my Buddy was taking out the Deck. Well my idiot friend forgot the wiring harness in the car! ....so i have this Pioneer Premier DEH-48 ( couple years old) CD Player that has no wires coming out the back! It still worked fine, and even though it looks a little old School its more than enough for my tastes for now, plus it matches the vintage look of my car!:tongue:.......Is there any place where i could possily get the wires? or does anyone know enough about electrical shit to ghetto-rig the wire setup?? Any other ideas?.....Even if i had the wires in there, the most i could possibly sell it for would be like $50-75 im guessing, if that. so i just want a Cheap way for this to work!..........I took my Current CD player in the get fixed Cause it was skipping like a mofo.( under warranty) and having no tunes licks ass! :banghead:

hey sorry to hear about your crash? when did this happen? did i miss a thread about it...

that sucks man... i know the feeling :(

12V
01-25-2003, 03:18 PM
you could possibly look in your owners/installation manual for where each wire is placed in the connecting molex. and then solder a wire directly to the pin, then heat shrink the connection...maybe more work than it's worth though.

ramminghard
01-25-2003, 04:17 PM
You could go to walmark and buy a pioneer deck around the same model. Take it home, open it and take the wiring harness out, re-seal the box and take it back. Just an idea. Make sure it is the same harnes though.

-bUtTeRcUp-
01-25-2003, 05:38 PM
You can try A&B Sound in Shawnessy, they sometimes have extra harnesses in the back. They found one for my deck when I went to get it installed, so give them a call and see.

HACHIROKU_4AG
01-25-2003, 07:38 PM
order one from pioneer direct. only $15.

James
01-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by frenchdriver

hey sorry to hear about your crash? when did this happen? did i miss a thread about it...

that sucks man... i know the feeling :(

It was a while ago, hit a very small median(4 inches high) Sign was missing, didnt see it, metal post ripped apart my Block, Tranny etc..., Car was a write off. :(

Originally posted by -bUtTeRcUp-
You can try A&B Sound in Shawnessy, they sometimes have extra harnesses in the back. They found one for my deck when I went to get it installed, so give them a call and see.

Yeah , but they'll probably try to rip me off, and charge me alot for it.

Originally posted by HACHIROKU_4AG
order one from pioneer direct. only $15.

That Cheap? i was thinking it would be lots $$$...do u have a phone# i could call?

HACHIROKU_4AG
01-26-2003, 01:46 AM
416-465-5430