PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical parting out a Skyline....

kdynamic
07-18-2005, 03:41 AM
I live in Japan and have a Skyline R33 GTS. I love it, but I'm thinking about the future and I realize that once I leave Japan I really don't know what to do with it. There's really not much of a market for used cars here and I can't take it with me (I'm from the US). If I don't part it out it's all gonna end up in a scrapyard and that's just too sad. I'd rather other people get enjoyment out of it. I've seen tail lights and all kinds of authentic skyline parts on sale online. So, hypothetically, if sometime in the future I part it out and sell the parts internationally, how much money could I get out of it? And what parts do people look to buy, generally?

illeagle
07-18-2005, 04:06 AM
if you love it.... take it with you.... You just can't register or insure it for a few years... But at least you'll have the coolest lawn gnome in the U.S.

BTW: can you get me a personal steering wheel (silver center) trust shift knob, anything for the B16b ie. crank pistons, spoon ECU etc...?? :dunno:

schurchill39
07-18-2005, 03:45 PM
I am sure there would be a pretty good market here in north america for things like the engine or interior parts. like illeagle said if you love it take it with you if not i am sure you could make a pretty penny parting it out. Also... PM'ed

kdynamic
07-18-2005, 04:53 PM
I would love to take it with me, sure, but it's pretty much impossible. The US laws make it prohibitively expensive, not to mention the cost of shipping, etc etc etc. So I'll probably part it out. But not yet! I'm gonna stay here for a while yet so like I said, this is purely hypothetical.

Hahah a bunch of people asked me to buy them stuff as soon as I mentioned I was in Japan. Maybe I should start an export business? :thumbsup:

Hash_man
07-18-2005, 06:43 PM
^^^ Yes yes you should... find me some Mugen M7's.... umm, a b20a5 from a ca5... you can PM me when you start the business:thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
07-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Lots of market for JDM parts over here, people will buy anything at a good price.

calgarys13
07-18-2005, 10:01 PM
just a gts?

kdynamic
07-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Yes "just" a GTS. So what? It still puts 200hp to the wheels and it's a nice ride. Not everyone needs to break the bank on a GTR you know.

PS DR30's are fugly :drama:

calgarys13
07-19-2005, 12:19 AM
cool you entitled to your opinion and to think i was actually gonna try and post some serious questions:closed: