PDA

View Full Version : SAIT or MRC business

ExtremeSi
07-18-2005, 05:02 PM
I've been accepted at both SAIT and MRC's business course for the fall. Which one would you recommend and why?

I've been to MRC before and thought it was ok, and everyone I know who goes to SAIT loves it.

The other thing I'm wondering is if Mount Royal keeps my previous GPA even though I've switched programs? Does anyone know?

Any advice is appreciated

mac_82
07-18-2005, 05:14 PM
I would go to MRC for the ample amount of girls. SAIT is a sausage factory. :D

saiyajin
07-18-2005, 05:16 PM
im taking BA at sait and i think its awesome
the teachers are very willing to help you out and the coordinators always remind you of companys that drop by doing seminars and all that which is good to start getting some connections

Khalil
07-18-2005, 05:16 PM
:werd: ^

2000_SI
07-18-2005, 05:18 PM
SAIT is a sausage factory, BUT schooling is your primary concern right?;)

The thing I liked about sait is we got a lot of technical experience with items like the ELMO and SMARTboard, which are becoming more popluar in a lot of office workareas. There is no specific instruction, but they are there to use and become familiar with, and putting that on your resume actually helps.

As far as classes, I was in Marketing and besides the usual bores like Econ and Accounting, I enjoyed the program and thought that I learned a lot.

Chandler_Racing
07-18-2005, 05:21 PM
MRC offers a far better program than SAIT in my opinion.

ExtremeSi
07-18-2005, 05:26 PM
I remember all the fine scenery at MRC :eek:
But I must not factor that into my decision....

2000_Si, I'm also going into Marketing. Did you transfer anywhere after SAIT? Is it easy to transfer to UofC, or is it mostly Athabasca University that people transfer to via corespondence?

Godfuader
07-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing
MRC offers a far better program than SAIT in my opinion.
:thumbsup: Complete Bachelors degrees are available. UofC transfer programs. Applied Degrees with 2 paid work terms. New Bissett School of Business Building. Small class sizes. Approachable profs. Campus is wonderful. Just check how well your faculty will support you during and after your program. I absolutely love it.

Mr_John
07-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi
I remember all the fine scenery at MRC :eek:
But I must not factor that into my decision....

2000_Si, I'm also going into Marketing. Did you transfer anywhere after SAIT? Is it easy to transfer to UofC, or is it mostly Athabasca University that people transfer to via corespondence?

hey I'm thinking about going into Marketing Management at MRC too. I was in the Small Business and Entrep. course at MRC but I had to switch due to job opportunity fears.
ANYWAYS

2 year diploma at MRC or 4 year degree at U of L.
Whats the difference?
I mean I know the difference but in the work world, does the degree really help a lot more?
I know all about experience is better but coming fresh out of school, will the degree be A LOT (2 years extra worth) better than the diploma?

If i take the 2 year diploma at MRC than im pretty much a year done my courses since the other program courses are identical!

EXTREMESI what courses you taking this semester?

Godfuader
07-21-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Mr_John

2 year diploma or 4 year degree at U of L.
Whats the difference?
I mean I know the difference but in the work world, does the degree really help a lot more?
I know all about experience is better but coming fresh out of school, will the degree be A LOT (2 years extra worth) better than the diploma?

If i take the 2 year diploma at MRC than im pretty much a year done my courses since the other program courses are identical!

The 4 year degree (8 Semesters) has 1 year (2 semesters) of paid work term included. In short, you are gonna do a diploma for 2 yrs...might as well stick around for an extra year and get a year paid work experience. Degrees always have more flexibility to them and are definatelyl a higher step than a diploma. You could pursue other grad school too with a degree, if you wanna think about advancing in your career.

Mr_John
07-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader

The 4 year degree (8 Semesters) has 1 year (2 semesters) of paid work term included. In short, you are gonna do a diploma for 2 yrs...might as well stick around for an extra year and get a year paid work experience. Degrees always have more flexibility to them and are definatelyl a higher step than a diploma. You could pursue other grad school too with a degree, if you wanna think about advancing in your career.

actually from what i've read on the school sites
the 4 year degree at U of L has no co-op program/work
also i dont want to move to Lethbridge but if the extra 2 years will help a lot then i'll have to think about it.

max_boost
07-21-2005, 09:14 AM
^^^

For SAIT transfer to Lethbridge University, it is operated out of the SAIT campus so you don't have to move. Call them to find out more information. A customer of mine just finished his Management degree.

I'm taking the SAIT ---> Athabasca route. Correspondence works for me because of my hectic schedule, otherwise I prefer classroom instruction.

If the scenery is that good at MRC, how can that not be an important factor? haha

Godfuader
07-21-2005, 06:40 PM

actually from what i've read on the school sites
the 4 year degree at U of L has no co-op program/work
also i dont want to move to Lethbridge but if the extra 2 years will help a lot then i'll have to think about it.

Oops, I wasnt reading properly. I was refering to a 4 year degree at MRC. That has the 2 semester paid work term.

ExtremeSi
07-21-2005, 11:44 PM

2 year diploma at MRC or 4 year degree at U of L.
Whats the difference?

EXTREMESI what courses you taking this semester?

I don't know the answer to your other questions. I find it extremely hard to find the right person to talk to at any instituiton.:dunno:
But my courses this upcoming semester are:
Intro. Financial Accounting I - ACCT 210
Business Computers I - BCPT 238
PFP 1 - Introduction - BFIN
Business Communications I - COMM 240
Organizational Behavior - MGMT 254
Marketing Essentials - MKTG 205

Originally posted by max_boost
^^^

For SAIT transfer to Lethbridge University, it is operated out of the SAIT campus so you don't have to move. Call them to find out more information. A customer of mine just finished his Management degree.

I'm taking the SAIT ---> Athabasca route. Correspondence works for me because of my hectic schedule, otherwise I prefer classroom instruction.

If the scenery is that good at MRC, how can that not be an important factor? haha

So you can choose to do Athatbasca via correspondence or direct transfer to Lethbridge? Do you know if you can transfer to UofC?

I thought the scenery at SAIT would be just as good, but from what I've heard, perhaps not. :(
However, I've already done a year of Engineering at MRC and found out that they will keep my same GPA if I go back there so it's out of the question (my GPA is only 2.0:banghead: )
So SAIT here I come:D

GreyFox
07-22-2005, 02:33 AM
Im entering 2nd year at SAIT taking Business Admin with a major in marketing. I talked to the head guy about it, and theres pretty much no way that you can transfer to U of C. From what I heard, you can take just about all of the U of L courses on campus at SAIT, but not ALL. So if you wanna go that route, you may have to spend 1 semester in Lethbridge.

Other then that, I'm really liking it so far. PAY ATTENTION IN ACCOUNTING first semester. I had a bitch of a teacher for that and he fucked the entire class cuz they were not listening. Other then that, I've had a blast so far!

2000Si: I take it you've completed the program there? Did you just get a diploma or did you go for the degree through U of L as well? I'm interested in learning a little bit more about it before i decide to do either U of L or U of Athabasca. Or if I even want to get the degree at all. Also, do you actually work in a marketing job now? haha

PM me or reply here (obviously :rolleyes: )

Thanks in advance.

ricefarmer
07-22-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm going into my 2nd semester at Sait (BA), and the only thing that would hold me back from recomending sait over MR is your lack of options as far as where your credits are accepted.

saiyajin
07-22-2005, 03:28 PM
^^^ ya il be heading into 2nd semester this fall as well what are you majoring in?

ExtremeSi is that your first semester courses? dont worry man they are a breeze i got a 3.7 gpa haha just pay attention and you're set :thumbsup:

ExtremeSi
07-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been out working for a year now and it really makes me want to work harder on my school this time around! Sounds great so far.