PDA

View Full Version : late model junk yards?

wontonjohnny
07-18-2005, 09:33 PM
anyone know of any late model "pick your part" type places in calgary?

i need parts for a 1st gen Acura CL

thanks.

69cougar
07-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Most of the late model year cars are sold by insurance companies to other parts places. Mainly Forest Lawn Auto Parts and the ones on 52 Street in the SE.

I know a lot of Hondas go to A1 Honda parts and I would assume Acura would be same??

rio_rex
07-18-2005, 09:43 PM
None such exist for newer cars that are "pick your part style". You will prob have to hit up the normal full serve wreckers where you tell the dumbass guy behind the counter what u want, and he looks it up in his comp and says he has none untill u point out the car that has the part you need is sitting by the fence outside. From there he proceeds to charge you as much for the part as if you went to the dealership and bought it new. As you can see i don't like most calgary wreckers...maby my experiences with them were isolated...but not to get off subject, try a place called A1-Honda auto wreckers, can't remember the exact location, but it is listed in the phone book.

wontonjohnny
07-18-2005, 09:47 PM
whoa that was fast.. thanks guys... yeah i need a new front bumper cover and a plastic piece in the trunk that covers the jack