PDA

View Full Version : FS: 02' Mazda Protege ES w/ GT pkg.

MidnightDreamer
07-19-2005, 02:17 PM
2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT
87000 kms Original Owner
$15000

ES GT Package: Includes Air Conditioning, Moonroof, Body Coloured Rear Spoiler, Fog Lights, Power Mirrors/Doors/Windows.

i4 DOHC 2.0l 16-Valve
130HP @ 6000rpm
135lb. ft. @ 4000rpm

Transmission 4AT
4 Wheel Disk Brakes w/ ABS
16" Alloy Wheels
Sport Cloth Interior

Please Refer to the Mazda website ( www.mazda.ca ) for detailed specifications. Just look at the specs for the 03' Protege ES-GT under Mazda's archive section. My car is 02' but there are no structural or mechanical differences between the two models. The 03' simply adds the option for 4AT Sportshift, and a few cosmetic differneces. I've noted the differences below, 03' is the last production year for this vehicle, it's replaced by the Mazda 3 in 04'.

- All sedans receive black housing headlamps.
- Color addition and deletion
- Deletion of roof rack on US 2003.5 P5s
- Addition of subwoofer in spare tire area of US 2003.5 P5s
- Styling changes and deletion of fog lights in 2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protegé's
- Carbon-look window button trim on Canadian P5s
- Canadian Protegé 5's receive leather wrapped steering wheel
- Canadian special edition Protegé 5 receive leather seats

The car is in excellent driving condition. Oil changes are performed regularly at 5000km interevals by myself at home. Brake Pads have just been changed. Not a single problem has been encountered since we purchased it. We were very careful to follow break in procedures during the first few thousand kms. The car is shared by myself and my dad for work and school, but my dad wants to upgrade to a midsize family sedan.

The car has a few modifications to it which I will list below:

Altezza Tail Lights (Dealer Installed)
Strut Tower Bar (Dealer Installed)
5 Zigen Exhaust Tip (Shop Installed)
Short Ram Intake w/ K&N Cone Filter (Self Installed)
Hyper White H4 Bulbs
Panasonic MP3 Deck

I can't give an exact number for HP gains from the intake and exhaust, but I can tell you that they have definetely improved engine response. Third gear response for passing and heavy traffic driving is where I've noticed the largest gains. The exhaust is very deep and throaty. I still have the stock deck so I may possibly part out on the Panasonic deck.

Appointment only if you want to see the car, just pm me and I will give you contact information. Serious Inquiries only, I will try to have a few pictures posted soon.

MidnightDreamer
07-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Price can be worked on a bit.

MidnightDreamer
07-21-2005, 12:19 AM
NEW PRICE: 13800 firm.
<no decK>

MidnightDreamer
07-22-2005, 12:21 AM
^^^

phantom
07-22-2005, 01:37 AM
any pics???? might be interested.

qrankz
07-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Mike you selling your car? What you gettin now?

MidnightDreamer
07-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Lookin to lease an Altima. Who is this?

PICS:

http://members.shaw.ca/midnightdreamer/04.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/midnightdreamer/05.jpg

MidnightDreamer
07-28-2005, 12:25 AM
And a clip of the intake at work...
http://members.shaw.ca/midnightdreamer/10.avi

MidnightDreamer
08-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Bump

RXsevenmonk
08-02-2005, 05:11 PM
do you have stock tail lights my dad might be very interested any preoblems with it at all?

MidnightDreamer
08-03-2005, 01:03 AM
The stock tailights I have yes. They are basically brand new since I had them replaced by the dealer even before I picked up the car. Problems with the car? We haven't had a single problem with the car since we picked it up in 02. The car is only 3 years old... The only issue we've had with the car is the tires. To us the tires seemed to wear quickly, but we were told that the tires on the car do in fact wear out faster than tires on similar class cars. The Protege uses Dunlop All Season Performance Radials. They give the car a greater handling ability, but at the cost of faster tread wear. We've replaced a few tires since we bought the car. Albiet one tire was popped by a nail (out community had a lot of house construction at the time) which could not be patched because the puncture was too close to the outside. Otherwise the car is in perfect shape. The intake and exhaust modifications were done after the car had been driven for 15000kms, well past the break in period. For the most part they say you can drive newer cars like normal from day 1, but we were still careful to follow break in recomendations for the first 5000 klicks, and even then I was careful to gradually push the car up to it's limits. All fluids have been changed regularly, and we've changed the spark plugs on the car quite regularly, the last change was conducted just last week. We've been using Bosch Iridiums for the last 25000kms.

I should note however that the car does have some body wear. I'll be sure to get pics of it up soon. There is a slight ding on the front right panel in front of the door. My dad got it from work, but the jackass who did it just took off, it's hardly noticeable. There are some minor scratches on the front bumper, I may use touch up paint to get ride of those before selling the car. There are some rock chips on the hood (we did have a deflector on the front but removed it about a month ago because someone snaped a piece of its side off). And finally, the rim guard on the front right tire has a chuck that's been scuffed off. My dad bumped the curb at one of his soccer practices.

We've already set up a lease plan on the new Altima, so the Protege is now under insurance as a pleasure car, so I'm in no huge rush to get the car sold. At this point I'm a little bit more open to test drives, but from serious shoppers only.

MidnightDreamer
08-09-2005, 12:32 PM
bump

Crasian
08-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Bump for a super clean car!!