PDA

View Full Version : The neverstopping rear wiper.

XylathaneGTR
07-19-2005, 10:44 PM
I noticed something over the past few days.
Once i push the rear wiper button, it doesn't stop. That wiper will keep going until i turn the car off, and i have no way of stopping it.
Does anyone have any idea why / how i can fix this?
Thanks
-Darren

86max
07-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Boost infested's brother had the same problem...not sure how to fix it. It's probabaly the switch is malfunctioning.

86max
07-20-2005, 12:30 PM
I did some research for you but came up with nothing. Take a volt meter and check all the wires associated with the rear wiper system. Play around with the switch and see if you can figure out which wire is getting a signal when it's not supposed to. The factory fsm may help, but other than that I have nothing for you.

Nissanaddict
07-20-2005, 08:59 PM
If you shut the car off and turn it back on, is the wiper still going? (with the switch off, of course) if not, then you probly have a short somewhere causing the relay to latch once you put the switch on, and unlatch when the car shuts off.

rc2002
07-20-2005, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure if this is a Nissan problem. The same thing happened in my Mercury Villager. Once you push the rear wiper button once, it keeps on going even if you turn it off. I'm too lazy to check it out so I just pulled the rear wiper fuse. I'm pretty sure that replacing the switch would fix things...