PDA

View Full Version : My Poor Car

Lipps
07-20-2005, 08:08 AM
I dont know if this is the right spot but i need some opinions.

Last night at 10:30pm i went drove over to my girlfriends house to pick her up. When i got there this car started to follow us and she said that it might be this girl that she supposibly did things to her but my girl friend was with me the night she was supposibly doing things. So this person said she was going to beat her up. After ahwile heading back to my house on the main street she went into the other lane and fingered my girl friend so then she knew it was her. My gf phones her mom and her mom tells her to get her lisence plate number so she tells me to pull in behind her. Once i do this girl slams on her brakes a few seconds after i go behind her and i nail her going probably 65km/h. I tryed to stop but could not.

The lights were green and the lanes were clear so there was no need to stop on a dime like that. There was this car going the opposite way that came over and say they saw it. They claim that the car in front of me jsut slammed on their brakes for no reason and say noone was driving and the lights were green. So the same story i say.

The girl in front of me says she was going to turn...now we were in the middle lane of 3 lanes and there is a 4th lane...the turning lane. Thats as much as i know she is saying.

I just want your guys opinions on do you think this is my fault or her fault and whos going to win the insurance battle from what you guys know...i know there isnt much to go by.

My girl friend is also getting a restraining order and such...man there was almost a fight in the streets.

I absolutly hate it when people are lieing but you are telling the truth and theres nothing that you can do and they believe the other person...i hate that.

my car was a 1991 Chrysler Daytona IROC 3.0L
very nice and clean car:cry::banghead: and it will probably be written off. Her car was probably a 2000 something Pontiac Grand Am....mommys car im assumeing.

I actually could car less about anything at all other than my car...i loved that car so much...

Thanks..

afrotl
07-20-2005, 08:11 AM
well if you say you have witnesses and like you stated that she had no reason to turn since she was not even in the turning lane I think you have a shot at winning this one so far as your witness can back up your story that she intentionally slammed on her brakes for no reason...Good luck and sorry about your car.

rage2
07-20-2005, 10:13 AM
You rear ended her, it's your fault. End of story. Sorry.

Weapon_R
07-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by rage2

2000_SI
07-20-2005, 10:22 AM

Unfortunatly Rage is right. Almost no matter what, if you rear end someone its your fault... Something like this happened with my old man. He was driving down Dearfoot, prolly around 9 or 10 am (busy, but everyone is still moving at a good pace), and this old lady infront of him thinks she see's a rabbit running across the road (it was actualy paper). She slams on the brakes and comes to a screaching halt on deerfoot, so my old mann hits her. His fault.

This girl can argue that you where following to close , and doesnt realy need any excuse as to why she hit her brakes. You did pull in to close behind her because you where trying to get her plate number, which you could have done from the side of the car, but thats not the point here.

Sorry to hear this man, because she obviously did it on purpoe, but you where following to close, so its your liability.

GTS Jeff
07-20-2005, 10:26 AM
You must have been following pretty close. You don't need to be that close to read a license plate anyway.

eblend
07-20-2005, 10:31 AM
dude thats bullshit you should be able to win as long as your witness repeats your story! it is endangering public to slam on your brakes for no reason, and your witness can help you out on that one. Fight it like you mean it man thats bullshit. Plus you got a whole story why this chick did this as she was following you at first and shit and she has a gripe against ur gf so there you go a reason for doing stupid shit

bonnieclyde240
07-20-2005, 12:08 PM
i'm pretty sure you have a chance of winning, but sounds like it could be 50/50..

FiveFreshFish
07-20-2005, 12:13 PM
You have her name and address from the accident report. Now use your imagination. :devil:

1-Bar
07-20-2005, 12:15 PM
wow....tough to say. If she has a restraining order put on that other girl who slammed on the brakes, you could maybe use that as motive for doing something like that.....

but yeah.....rear endinding some one is always your fault....gl :thumbsup:

core_upt
07-20-2005, 12:16 PM
this sounds very judge judy-ish!!

sorry bout your car man

Rabid
07-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by eblend
dude thats bullshit you should be able to win as long as your witness repeats your story! it is endangering public to slam on your brakes for no reason, and your witness can help you out on that one. Fight it like you mean it man thats bullshit.

I agree. If she was driving like an ass and caused an accident it's her fault. Especially if you have a witness that saw her slam on her brakes like that.

Good luck and too bad about the car.

You're all ok otherwise?

Weapon_R
07-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Even if she was driving like an ass, and caused an accident, its still his fault.

"Yes, officer, I had to stop abruptly because a cat ran in front of me. The driver behind me wasn't paying attention."

Lipps
07-20-2005, 12:29 PM
i didnt even follow her close...she got jsut enough ahead of me for me to change into her lane and once i did she slams on them. in a matter of 2 seconds or less

p.s yes we are both ok....fucking air bag didnt even engage...1991 peices of crap

Hash_man
07-20-2005, 01:26 PM

Unfortunately thats not always true... my sister was taken to court after someone rear ended her. Lady said she had cut her off, blah blah blah... I don't know what ended up happening, but you do have a case.

keroppi
07-20-2005, 01:32 PM
even if that girl wins, she's still absolutely stupid -- letting you rear her car at 60km/h?! Her neck could be broken just by the impact! No matter how much she hates your gf or you, it doesn't worth to gamble on her life... dumb!

Anyway, I'd guess that you probably could win in court if you have witness... but i'd guess in insurance's point of view, you still have to pay?

Anyway, you should be glad that you didn't get killed in the accident because of what this stupid lady did, and man, your life is more valuable than your car :)
take it easy

Skyline_Addict
07-20-2005, 01:34 PM
yeah....although the odds are definetely against you in a case like this, you stand a fighting chance, especially with a witness.

good luck.

Lipps
07-20-2005, 01:48 PM
I know i am thankfull my gf and I are ok and thats the first thing i made sure before i opened a can of whoop ass on the bitch...just kidding but it did get a little intense.

Xtrema
07-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Women are crazy.

Why pull behind when you/passenger can read the plate in your lane if you slow down enough.

At best, it's 50/50 unless you can prove she's really nuts.

Lipps
07-20-2005, 02:11 PM
yeah we probably could have seen the lisence plate in are lane but i didnt see the big deal of going behind her. i didnt know she was going to do that...like who does that, are they out of there mind.

JAYMEZ
07-20-2005, 02:40 PM
This happened to my cousin .. he had witness' and what not , dumb lady slammed breaks for no reason and same thing happened , if you have the money a really good lawyer will help ya out, but it will cost a pretty penny.

Anything is possible with $$$$$$$$$

DC2
07-20-2005, 02:53 PM
again thats what happened to my cousin. i asked the cop. and he said. "its your fault no matter how you see it. the court is going to see it as you were following to close and didnt give a far enough distance to stop. they dont care if the driver infront of you has a leg spaz. you were following to close."

...sorry about your car

rage2
07-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Try it if you like. You'll have to pay a lawyer to do it, as injury lawyers don't help you prove who's at fault. They just want a portion of your injury money. Your lawyer fees to prove the other chick was wrong would probably cost more than the additional cost of your insurance increase, so it's stupid to pursue.

If you rear end someone, you're at fault. It's always been the case. If some guy cuts you off, you're not supposed to continue at the same speed, you're supposed to slow down and maintain a safe distance. If it happened within 2 seconds, you had 2 seconds to get a nice gap between u and the crazy bitch.

The rule is stupid. If you're stopped in traffic and someone rear ends you, and you hit the guy in front of you, it'll be your fault for hitting the guy in front of you. Crazy yes, but that's how it's always been.

Now, if a cop WITNESSED them cut you off, and issued THEM a ticket at the scene of the accident, then that's different. Or if you sucker them to sign a statement saying they were at fault, even in the stopped and get rear ended chain reaction scenario I was talking about, then you'll be fine.

When my benz got rear ended a second time, the car shot forward 3 car lengths and nailed the guy in front of my car. I got the guy that rear ended me to sign a statement saying that it was his fault and he pushed my car all the way forward to the other guy, and voila, insurance doesn't go up. Guy in the back that started it all takes the fault for both accidents.

heavyD
07-20-2005, 03:20 PM
If you're stopped in traffic and someone rear ends you, and you hit the guy in front of you, it'll be your fault for hitting the guy in front of you. Crazy yes, but that's how it's always been.

That happened to my brother when he had his CRX. The front was smashed, the rear was smashed, and his insurance went up due to the damage and injury claim to the car ahead of him.:thumbsdow

HRD2PLZ
07-20-2005, 04:11 PM

The rule is stupid. If you're stopped in traffic and someone rear ends you, and you hit the guy in front of you, it'll be your fault for hitting the guy in front of you. Crazy yes, but that's how it's always been.

This happened to my sister and a couple years ago, when her car was written off. Because we were hit from behind before hitting the vehicle infront of us, it was all placed on the guy who hit us. It helps to have witnesses though.

SiG Baby
07-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Pretty much unless she says to the insurance company that she intended to cause this accident your SOL. They say you should be far enough behind the car to stop if they do. Also you might get an "undo care and attention" ticket which kills your insurance and really sucks. If you do PM me and I'll give you the number of someone who can take care of it for you. Really sorry this happened accidents suck....and what a stupid chick(Karma will get her back if she did this on purpose).

talonboi
07-20-2005, 08:19 PM
call a lawyer, cuzz for sure shes gonna try to claim sume injuries...

a lawyer costs sume money, but its worth it in the end

rage2
07-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by talonboi
call a lawyer, cuzz for sure shes gonna try to claim sume injuries...

a lawyer costs sume money, but its worth it in the end
Uhh why? You do know that you have insurance in the case that someone goes through an injury lawyer and sues you. It's all paid for by your PLPD insurance. There's absolutely no need to call or pay for a lawyer yourself. Let your insurance company handle it.

Khyron
07-20-2005, 11:08 PM
If you rear end someone, you're at fault. It's always been the case. If some guy cuts you off, you're not supposed to continue at the same speed, you're supposed to slow down and maintain a safe distance. If it happened within 2 seconds, you had 2 seconds to get a nice gap between u and the crazy bitch.

The only case where this isn't true is when it's a swoop. If you pull in front of someone and then slam it on, they can sue you and win even though they hit you.

I suspect that because you have unrelated witness and it wasn't a busy road, you have a chance to get her in trouble for intentionally causing an accident. Stopping for a small animal is NOT an acceptable defence for slamming on your brakes, and if you have witnesses that there was nothing there then you have an even better case. Unfortunately that won't do shit for the insurance part of it. Make the claim to the cops and try and press criminal charges. Especially if your girlfriend has previously complained about this person.

Khyron

talonboi
07-21-2005, 07:55 AM

Uhh why? You do know that you have insurance in the case that someone goes through an injury lawyer and sues you. It's all paid for by your PLPD insurance. There's absolutely no need to call or pay for a lawyer yourself. Let your insurance company handle it.

sorry, i didnt mean you need the lawyer for injury claims, i meant it will help to prove your case, that it was the girls fault.

i dont trust the insurance companies to fight for me, it took my insurance company 5months to decided whose fault it was in my accident, when sume guy side swiped me, they made it 50/50

rage2
07-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Any my point is, the cost of a lawyer will cost a lot more than the insurance increase from the accident being your fault. It's retarded to pursue.

\JCAR/
07-21-2005, 10:17 AM
same thing hgappend to my buddy actually right outside of my house lol . he was on his was over before we went to B/S corner and he was pulling into my drive way and some stupid band bitch cut acroos 3 lanes and hit the side of his 99 cavalier did 4g's worth of damage and she tried lying to get out of it but she got stock with the bill justice well served but good luck man

Lipps
07-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks, looks like it could go either way even though i think she may have it on me. Oh well what comes around goes around.

benyl
07-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by \JCAR/
same thing hgappend to my buddy actually right outside of my house lol . he was on his was over before we went to B/S corner and he was pulling into my drive way and some stupid band bitch cut acroos 3 lanes and hit the side of his 99 cavalier did 4g's worth of damage and she tried lying to get out of it but she got stock with the bill justice well served but good luck man

:english:

duffspec
07-21-2005, 04:37 PM
I think your outta luck dude. :thumbsdow

Lipps
07-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Just to let everyone know. They police officer phoned yesturday and said that i wont be charged with anything and we basically have to pay for are own vehicles. So insurance will not be involved, and i went over to the wrecking yard and bought a daytona with back end body damage for 200. So the repairing is being done.

Her car is a 2002 Grand Am which is her moms car. There was quite a bit of damage done to it....which makes me happy :D

Thanks for everyone's opinion...first rear end case i have heard of not being the rear enders fault.

Lipps
07-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Well here is my car :(

Phy
07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Lipps
Thanks for everyone's opinion...first rear end case i have heard of not being the rear enders fault.

It's also not the rear-ender's fault if they hit someone backing out of a parking space.

Good luck with the repairs.

talonboi
07-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Any my point is, the cost of a lawyer will cost a lot more than the insurance increase from the accident being your fault. It's retarded to pursue.
yeah good point:D

89coupe
07-22-2005, 03:17 PM
...unless....wait for it...waaaiiit.

....you are a cop who rearends someone. :rofl:

jegger69
07-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Holy #$%^& ur car got owned

Khyron
07-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Yah, even though you escaped having to fix her car, it does look like you were following too close.

And let that be a lesson to all, doing a brake check on someone behind you, can still get you fucked.

Khyron