PDA

View Full Version : Better than David Blaine

afrotl
07-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Did anyone watch Criss Angel (Mind Freak) on A & E tonight? It was on at 8 pm Mt...oh my gosh he put David Blaine to shame. This guy is unbelievable let just say he lavitates over 6 feet. I think it comes on every Wednesday...it is a must watch show, If you have seen David blaine you got to see this....:eek:

danno567
07-20-2005, 11:47 PM
i saw some of it. the voodoo, and being lit on fire. I think Blaine is awesome with his card tricks.

Kona9
07-21-2005, 12:38 AM
i saw it too. I have been able to figure out some of David Blains stuff, but this Chris Angel dood is intriguing. It HAS to be illusion. Or atleast I really fuckin hope it is. I want to know more about his stuff. Excellent show though!

afrotl
07-21-2005, 07:43 AM
yep I have watched David Blaine and do not get me wrong he is amazing but this Criss guy takes it to a different level. I still cannot get over him lavitating that high and even doing it to strangers. what ever it is I want to see it in person...

civic_stylez
07-21-2005, 07:59 AM
ive seen criss angel before and im not sure which one they showed last night but i watched the guy walk up the side of a building like he was walking down the street... i couldnt even begin to guess on how the hell he did that...:nut:

afrotl
07-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
ive seen criss angel before and im not sure which one they showed last night but i watched the guy walk up the side of a building like he was walking down the street... i couldnt even begin to guess on how the hell he did that...:nut:

he what..damn ...they did not show that last night, :eek:

civic_stylez
07-21-2005, 08:15 AM
figure this one out...http://www.believeinangel.com/angeleyes/supernatural/bw7.jpg

civic_stylez
07-21-2005, 08:16 AM
..http://www.believeinangel.com/angeleyes/supernatural/bw5.jpg

afrotl
07-21-2005, 09:02 AM
figure this one out...http://www.believeinangel.com/angeleyes/supernatural/bw7.jpg

:eek: :nut:

rmk
07-21-2005, 09:08 AM
that guys is money! freaking incredible. when is the next show?

afrotl
07-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by rmk
that guys is money! freaking incredible. when is the next show?
I think he comes on every wednesday at 8 pm Calgary time

ddmmak
07-21-2005, 01:06 PM
HOLY.. i saw the show. it was amazing!!!i thought the second episode where her made that girl float was crazy..

djayz
07-21-2005, 01:10 PM
hmm sounds crazy haha
any more websites with videos or clips?

Boosted_TL
07-21-2005, 04:37 PM

Extreme Magnets on the inside wall and in the soles of his shoes !

haha

JK

brandon
07-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL

Extreme Magnets on the inside wall and in the soles of his shoes !

That would still take amazing strength to hold your self up like that sideways if that was the case.

Boosted_TL
07-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by brandon

That would still take amazing strength to hold your self up like that sideways if that was the case.

Your damn right !! I was joking though Yet, I still dont believe it.

I did watch it last night, and cannot explain some of the things he does..... I will catch him on it....haha, just like David Blaine ,theres always a way.

civic_stylez
07-21-2005, 04:50 PM
watching criss angels magic is almost creepy...you expect him to do some cool shit but some of the stuff he does is down right freaky...just imaging walking down the street and some doods like watch this and then he struts up a wall....that is messed!:nut:

2.0turbo
07-21-2005, 05:08 PM
I saw some of it. When he was getting people to poke the voodoo doll with pin and he would start bleeding. WTF. The only thing is, the next scene, he would have any blood on em. But how did he know where they poked the doll?

afrotl
07-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Criss Angels show is on again on A&E channel 26 if you missed it last week here is your chance ........:thumbsup:

BokCh0y
07-27-2005, 08:31 PM
gotcha. thx dude.

afrotl
07-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
gotcha. thx dude.
:thumbsup:

JordanLotoski
07-27-2005, 08:43 PM
i think hes very taleted, but the format of the show is sooo gay, with him singing and that stoopid shit in the salt fields.

Xtrema
07-28-2005, 12:20 AM
On A&E every Mon/Wed @ 8pm back to back episodes and repeat at midnight.

Just set my PVR.

pinoyhero
07-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Saw it, thought t was pretty cool. I'm a huge DB fan but he's doig too much of the houdini type stuff which I'm not as big a fan of. The mindfreak is entertaining for sure. I'd like to see a show down f the magicians

BerserkerCatSplat
08-11-2005, 01:16 AM
OK, I watched an episode and a half of this guy, and to be honest, I wasn't really impressed. The majority of his tricks were explainable. I guess i was expecting too much.

I didn't get to see the walking-up-walls thing, or any levitation, but the tricks I did see were:

-Laying on bed of nails, while Hummer "drives onto him."

[Three of the Hummer's wheels were on an uphill ramp, thus the Hummer was fully suported at three points, and the downward force from the wheel over the guy was extremely minimal]

-People are sitting around a table, he puts a pen in a glass, and it jumps out when he and the diners "concentrate."

[Microthread, a common magician's tool, can easily be used to move small objects like pens]

-After the pen jumps, he replaces the pen in the glass, has all the people stand off to one side of the table, and the glass shatters/explodes when they "concentrate"

[Why did he move all the people off to one side? Obviously when he has an assistant shoot the glass with an air gun, he doesn't want anyone in the way of the pellet!]

Interesting show, but nothing that really blew me away.

saiyajin
08-11-2005, 01:32 AM
^ i dunno man i thought the floating frisbee was pretty cool hah :dunno:
and what about when he pulled the thread and needles out of his bellybutton ...would be missed to stuff that shit in there to do a taping for that segment...sort of like when he did the voodoo doll trick and he started bleeding

BerserkerCatSplat
08-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Yeah, the frisbee one I assume was done with an electronic propeller. If you watch that segment again, you'll notice that they never show you the bottom of the frisbee, which leads me to that conclusion. Even when the disc is thrown to him in the opening of the shot, it is slid along the ground.

The only time you see the bottom of a white frisbee is in a diferent shot, so it's most likely a different frisbee.

As for the needle one:

What was special about the trick? he "washed down" the needles with red wine. Why not white wine, does it not go with needles? No, he used red wine because you cannot see into it. Thus, he removed the needles before drinking it (slight-of-hand), and ate a different piece of thread.

As for "pulling it out of his belly button", I assume it's more slight-of-hand. Looked pretty slick, though.

Lo)2enz0
08-11-2005, 01:50 AM
he does show the frisbee bottom, he puts it over the camera at the end of the segmant

turbotrip
08-11-2005, 02:47 AM
dam i missed todays episode, did anyone catch it...was it any good?

ryce_boii
08-11-2005, 10:02 AM
face it he just sold his soul to the devil just to be famous thats how he can do all this lol

My favourite trick is the one where he changes the glass of water in to beer:thumbsup: that would be a great party trick unlimited beer

awd
08-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Talented illusionist for sure but the glam-metal look has to go.

sputnik
08-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl
-Laying on bed of nails, while Hummer "drives onto him."

[Three of the Hummer's wheels were on an uphill ramp, thus the Hummer was fully suported at three points, and the downward force from the wheel over the guy was extremely minimal]

This can also be done with hydraulics. The old Citroen 2CVs could drive on 3 wheels and you could change a tire without a jack.

GucciBoy
08-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ryce_boii
face it he just sold his soul to the devil just to be famous thats how he can do all this lol

My favourite trick is the one where he changes the glass of water in to beer:thumbsup: that would be a great party trick unlimited beer

hahaha, funny thing is, the 2 girls watching were so clueless, I dont think they even knew what happened.....just like "oh cool" haha

BerserkerCatSplat
08-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
he does show the frisbee bottom, he puts it over the camera at the end of the segmant

Yes, but that's in a different shot, not in sequence with the shot of the trick. How do you know that's the same frisbee?