PDA

View Full Version : Going to Victoria and Vacounver, any tips?

GoChris
07-21-2005, 11:32 AM
I am getting married on July 30th and then we are going to Victoria for 1 night, and 3 nights in Vancouver.

We plan to goto those gardens on the island. In vancouver we will be checking out stanley park, robson street, granville street, um, gas town or something I think.

Any other suggestions? Places to see, things to do? We will be driving the south "scenic" route on the way there, fast ass one on the way back.

t-im
07-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Eat at Guu. Yum.

BokCh0y
07-21-2005, 11:52 AM
granville island - located just out of downtown van underneath granvill street bridge

kitsilano - follow burrard street bridge north just outside of downtown. a few beaches there - really nice beaches, yacht club, huge houses. similar to kensington area in calgary but on a much larger scale.

night market - chinatown in van. also one in richmond. lots of neat cuisine to try if your into that. also has tons of stuff to buyand shop for.

stanley park - located closer to the westside of van. west through downtown right before you hit the lions gate bridge to west van.

west van - parkshore mall (think that is what it is called) right when you get into westvan left and right side. there is a pedestrian\vehicle bridge to cross the traffic.

gastown - tons of clubs. closer to east side van downtown

Richmond - tons of asian malls like parker place on RR5 (road name)

there's also a ton of museums if your into that stuff. shopping is excellent on robson street.

LV store in the Vancouver Fairmont Hotel (main floor)

West Broadway (street) - has tons of little japanese restaurants to try and a really cool philipino bakery.

stay away from E.HASTINGS ST.- crack whores, pimps, losers, druggies - they like to hang there.

Hookers - Kingsway has tons, they are ugly and cheap but are out all the time. More expensive - check out Seymour and Richards Street downtown. Tell the new wife your going for a jog :D

t-im
07-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

night market - chinatown in van. also one in richmond. lots of neat cuisine to try if your into that. also has tons of stuff to buyand shop for.

west van - parkshore mall (think that is what it is called) right when you get into westvan left and right side. there is a pedestrian\vehicle bridge to cross the traffic.

Don't goto Chinatown for anything.

The mall in West Vanc is called Park Royal :)

Nissanaddict
07-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Stay away from most/all of Surrey....and a flashing green light is just a greener than green light. It will be green for at least 10 more seconds (around there...when it's about to turn red, it first turns solid green) More hookers: New Westminster. Found a good few on 11th street.

FiveFreshFish
07-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Tofino on the west coast of Vancouver Island is worth a look. But it's too far if you have only one day on the Island.

gggunit
07-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Was just in Vicotria, drive slow around the sydney by the beach.. its a small town before victoria .. always RCMP there..

IN VAN

Granville Is.
Robson Street
Grouse mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge. Vancouver_aquarium
Ocean Kayaking :thumbsup:

Map
http://www.tourismvancouver.com/pdf/greatervan.pdf

BokCh0y
07-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by t-im

Don't goto Chinatown for anything.

The mall in West Vanc is called Park Royal :)

:werd: and thank-you for the correction. :)

Impreza
07-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
Was just in Vicotria, drive slow around the sydney by the beach.. its a small town before victoria .. always RCMP there..

lol, i just got a ticket there!

skandalz
07-21-2005, 02:25 PM
dim sum in victoria!! i forget what the place was called but it's at the edge of china town (really just one block). if you're facing west ward it's on your right hand side. ralph kleine is half owner i think his picture is still at the front of the restaurant. gotta get the deep fried squid and stuffed crab!!..... man i'm hungry now:(

RiCE-DaDDy
07-21-2005, 02:45 PM
^ do not bother with cap bridge, and the aquarium isnt that spectacular.

as for beaches, remember, kitsalno, english bay (duh), spanish banks, rec beach (nudes apparently)

and for more walkin and shit, west 4th, granville street (losta bars, bclubs, restaurants (hell fuck it all of downtown, includes robson), main street.

As for broadway, yea theres losta of places, but not really walkable, its too long.

i guess u could try grouse mountain for hiking, its real beautiful and the view of the city at the top is amazing.

oh yea try the dinner cruise

gggunit
07-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Impreza

lol, i just got a ticket there!

same.. :banghead:

tapout
07-21-2005, 04:44 PM
go whale watching at prince of whales,buchard gardens,crystal gardens,wax museum, osome place:thumbsup: