PDA

View Full Version : axles

crazydave
07-21-2005, 03:08 PM
yo, well i have a question, i got two axles, does it matter which side they go on, or are they both same length and what not?

schurchill39
07-21-2005, 04:27 PM
well do they look different or different lengthens when you compare them?:nut:

illeagle
07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
well do they look different or different lengthens when you compare them?:nut:

With my car, the axles are the same length, but the splines are different.. take a good look... if there's no noticable difference, and they install easly, they should work!... Nissan is a good company for that, if a certain axle was ment to be on the left side, they would design it in a way that it would only fit on the left side..

now that your hopes are up... Good luck.

bonnieclyde240
07-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Are you referring to your factory axels? I dont know if it's the same on your car, but on mine one axel is longer than the other, and the longer axel is on the right and the small is on the left.

crazydave
07-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by illeagle

With my car, the axles are the same length, but the splines are different.. take a good look... if there's no noticable difference, and they install easly, they should work!... Nissan is a good company for that, if a certain axle was ment to be on the left side, they would design it in a way that it would only fit on the left side..

ya they are all the same length. i wasnt to worried, but now i need one 5 bolt half shalft/axle/whatever it is called.lol pm me if anyone has one.

crazydave
07-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by illeagle

ya they are all the same length. i wasnt to worried, but now i need one 5 bolt half shalft/axle/whatever it is called.lol pm me if anyone has one.