PDA

View Full Version : Phone Difficulties! Please help

euro_racer
07-21-2005, 08:35 PM
well i own a nokia 7610 which my friend brought to me from taiwan, i have had it for a while now and no problem until yesterday, i was about to call someone and i unlocked the phone then at once the thing just turns off, so i reset it and turn it back on and it comes to a screen where its loading and says NOKIA. then after 10 seconds a small icon pops up and says "phone start up failed, contact the retailer " so i call nokia and they currently have dificulties and they told to to call back, then i called rogers and they told me they cant help me because they dont have that phone in their system or something. so now im stuck with no phone but i really need it :banghead:

Doess anyone know what could be wrong and how to fix that problem the phone is having? or do i have to sent it dirrect to nokia service?

thanks alot

Davetronz
07-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Looks like the ROM image could be corrupt or the phone itself could be failing...

Probably have to get it flashed and if that doesnt work it may need a new board or replacement.

Weapon_R
07-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Do you have a data cable? Its unlikely Nokia will give you the time of day since you bought it in a grey market area.

If you have the data cable, spend a couple of hours on howardforums.com. Find the firmware, and reflash your phone.