PDA

View Full Version : Who will get Sidney Crosby?

sputnik
07-22-2005, 07:25 AM
The draft lottery is today. Anyone want to put their guess down as to who will get the first pick? As much as I would like Calgary to pick him up... I have a feeling the Rangers will get the first pick.

If you dont know how the lottery is going to work. Check out TSN's website.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/draft/feature.asp?fid=7314

mike0989
07-22-2005, 07:31 AM
GO Columbus...nash and crosby together...thatd be amazing

Aleks
07-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Chicago

lastprodigy
07-22-2005, 08:02 AM
canucks :whipped: my fav team

civic_stylez
07-22-2005, 08:07 AM
im not saying that hes not a good hockey player but i think crosby is a little over-hyped...hes alreay got million dollar contracts from sports companies and he hasnt done anything yet.. i remember when pavel brendel left the hitmen,people said he was going to light it up and i never heard from the guy again... i just want to see how he does when you get someone like scott stevens or robyn regher (sp?) lining you up in the corner.. hes not big enough. im no sports analyst but i just think hes in for a rough ride....

lastprodigy
07-22-2005, 08:13 AM
lol a little OT but i cant believe you use robyn regher in the same sentene as scott stevens....hah

88CRX
07-22-2005, 08:37 AM
rangers, i'll put $100 on it.

but i hope the flames get him :D

88CRX
07-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
lol a little OT but i cant believe you use robyn regher in the same sentene as scott stevens....hah

i hope your not implying that stevens is leaps and bounds better then regher.... cause stevens is a washed up hack.

civic_stylez
07-22-2005, 08:51 AM
regher is a grinder in the corner!!!! for a younger guy, he can wail pretty good...

SuPhistiKatEd
07-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Here's a program that somebody created that simulates the Draft Lottery.

http://members.shaw.ca/vorpalbunnies/draftsim/official.html

lastprodigy
07-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

i hope your not implying that stevens is leaps and bounds better then regher.... cause stevens is a washed up hack.

maybe so now but he is one of the best defenceman of all time....granted regher maybe good and get there some day....it would be like comparing gretzky to crosby....just cant do it YET

07-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
im not saying that hes not a good hockey player but i think crosby is a little over-hyped...hes alreay got million dollar contracts from sports companies and he hasnt done anything yet.. i remember when pavel brendel left the hitmen,people said he was going to light it up and i never heard from the guy again... i just want to see how he does when you get someone like scott stevens or robyn regher (sp?) lining you up in the corner.. hes not big enough. im no sports analyst but i just think hes in for a rough ride....

Crosby is one solid kid! 5'11 195 is pretty stalky for a hockey player, and im sure as hell he can hold is own in the corner, not to metion the support he will get from the vets on which ever team he goes to.

and, my vote goes to St. Louis, but it would be amazing if Flames picked him up.

blacky
07-22-2005, 10:02 AM
QUOTE:im not saying that hes not a good hockey player but i think crosby is a little over-hyped...hes alreay got million dollar contracts from sports companies and he hasnt done anything yet.. i remember when pavel brendel left the hitmen,people said he was going to light it up and i never heard from the guy again... i just want to see how he does when you get someone like scott stevens or robyn regher (sp?) lining you up in the corner.. hes not big enough. im no sports analyst but i just think hes in for a rough ride....

Ya but that was the same deal with Labron James and now he is one of the best players in the league.....so im sure the scouts know what they are talking about

civic_stylez
07-22-2005, 10:36 AM
^^ like i said, im not saying hes not good, i just think that you should have to prove yourself in the league before get these million dollar contracts..the flames made that error with rico fata, they paid him 2 mil and he spent most of the season in the minors. i think hed fit in well with calgary be our odds of getting him are pretty small.

tapout
07-22-2005, 11:09 AM

but i hope the flames get him :D :werd:

gggunit
07-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Pitsburg gets him (guess).. Id like to see hmi on one of the Original 6 teams though

Nissanaddict
07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
30 - tampa
29 - florida
28 - Dallas
27 - Colorado
26 - Calgary

Nissanaddict
07-22-2005, 02:07 PM
25 - Edmonton
24 - St Louis
23 - New Jersey
22 - Boston
21 - Toronto

Aleks
07-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Calgary gets SHAFTED :banghead:

mike0989
07-22-2005, 02:13 PM
its hard to get shafted as now cgy will have the 5th pick in the second round....the only real winner is who gets 1st as all others are just average players.

Aleks
07-22-2005, 02:14 PM
It would have been nice to have that new kid though. But really it was long shot

Nissanaddict
07-22-2005, 02:15 PM
meh...if Crosby goes on a shitty team, we have a chance. our team still kicks ass, and Sutter has the ability to make a kickass team.

20 - Philadelphia
19 - Detroit
18 - Nashville
17 - Phoenix
16 - New York Rangers (hey, now we know it isn't rigged)
15 - New York Islanders (But this is an awful coincidence)
14 - Washington
13 - Buffalo
12 - San Jose
11 - Los Angeles

Nissanaddict
07-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by mike0989
its hard to get shafted as now cgy will have the 5th pick in the second round....the only real winner is who gets 1st as all others are just average players.
:werd:
And don't worry, Once again as I said, Sutter is amazing. Remember, Kiprusoff was a THIRD goalie before we got him. He sees talent like we see boobs.

Nissanaddict
07-22-2005, 02:21 PM
10 - Vancouver
09 - Ottawa (only 1 Canadian team left now)
08 - Atlanta
07 - Chicago
06 - Columbus
05 - Montreal (not in Canada)
04 - Minnesota (THANK GOD WE PLAY THEM EIGHT TIMES IN THE SEASON)
03 - Carolina

habsfan
07-22-2005, 02:26 PM
FUCK it went to pittsburgh :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Nissanaddict
07-22-2005, 02:26 PM
01 - Pitsburgh
02 - Anaheim

"Pitsburg gets him (guess).. "

guess Calgary next time.

gggunit
07-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
Pitsburg gets him (guess).. Id like to see hmi on one of the Original 6 teams though

yes I am physic .. for all your lottery picks contact me:thumbsup:

Nissanaddict
07-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
FUCK it went to pittsburgh :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
meh...in the regular season, we only play him twice every three years...so that's not that tragic.

gggunit
07-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Calgary gets SHAFTED :banghead:

who cares.. there is too much emphasis put on this guy.. there are tons and tons of free agents .. the league is gonna kick ass now

Impreza
07-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Calgary got 26th?? wtf!

Oh well, we're gonna kick ass this year!

habsfan
07-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict

meh...in the regular season, we only play him twice every three years...so that's not that tragic.

im a habs fan, hence my name. the habs play pittsburgh more often, but it's the fact that i hate the penguins franchise that pisses me off

eb0i
07-22-2005, 02:47 PM
I was rooting for Montreal to win as well.

Let's see if Pittsburgh will keep him and develop a young team or trade him for a shit load of older players. I hope they keep him and develop a good team.

heinz256
07-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
I was rooting for Montreal to win as well.

Let's see if Pittsburgh will keep him and develop a young team or trade him for a shit load of older players. I hope they keep him and develop a good team.

They prolly wont trade him as pittsburgh is almost bankrupt and crosby will definitely raise attendence numbers where ever he is.
I would be really surprised if he did get traded.

HuMz
07-22-2005, 03:06 PM

pittsburgh is one of the bigger hockey cities (in US) and crosby will help alot for that strugglin franchise

Milk2%
07-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 5.0

Crosby is one solid kid! 5'11 195 is pretty stalky for a hockey player, and im sure as hell he can hold is own in the corner, not to metion the support he will get from the vets on which ever team he goes to.

and, my vote goes to St. Louis, but it would be amazing if Flames picked him up.

5'11 195, are you kidding me. heck theoren fleury was that heavy. Hes a small kid and i'm gonna have to agree, hes gonna get pushed around the next couple seasons. I haven't payed attention to the lottery today, so i have no idea where hes going, but this is how it rolls, he goes to New York, your never gonna hear from him again. He will wash up, but if you put him on a team with young players / a younger team, he will actually go somewhere. To be honest i don't think hes going far, hes just got one hell of a ride now, i hope he sees it coming, because hes gonna get run this season. He got run all season in OHL, its gonna be that much harder. To be honest, i don't think hes ready for the NHL. Hes not big enough, and hes to europen when it comes to hockey (not saying its bad) but when you have 6'6 250 defence men, i see him going down. Like to see him try and dangle around a solid defence men like Niedermayer, or Stevens. never like the kid :thumbsdow

lastprodigy
07-22-2005, 03:45 PM
all you flames bandwagoners are funny when you say calgary is gonna kick ass this year..lol....calgary has next to no talent past iginla and kiprusoff, theyre the type of team that can put a run to the cup one year but the bottom line is they still suck....the "surprise" teams always go away after a run like that....like the florida panthers did....doesnt help that im not a flames fan but i dont see them succeeding like that alot more....you know its the truth even if you choose not to believe it

lastprodigy
07-22-2005, 03:46 PM

but i hope the flames get him :D

you can come drop off your 100 bucks anytime ;) :D

gongSHOW
07-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Bearing Lemieux comes back, which I think he will, it should be an interesting team to watch. Only a few more months :thumbsup:

Nissanaddict
07-22-2005, 04:32 PM
all you flames bandwagoners are funny when you say calgary is gonna kick ass this year..lol....calgary has next to no talent past iginla and kiprusoff, theyre the type of team that can put a run to the cup one year but the bottom line is they still suck....the "surprise" teams always go away after a run like that....like the florida panthers did....doesnt help that im not a flames fan but i dont see them succeeding like that alot more....you know its the truth even if you choose not to believe it

Hey, Calgary played a solid season, and one helluva playoff run as well. Yes most of it can be contributed to Sutter (hell without him, who'd think to take someone's 3rd goalie?) Sure, maybe the players aren't up to par to other teams, but the team is real cohesive, and I hope with any roster changes that happen, Sutter can accomplish that again. "doesnt help that im not a flames fan" that's probably the only reason you made that post.

88CRX
07-22-2005, 04:46 PM

non of those other teams that made runs like that actually had solid skill. calgary does.

btw - let me guess your a leafs fan :rolleyes:

PGTze
07-22-2005, 04:56 PM

Your right man, they ain't got shit. Regher sucks, Leopold sucks, Yelle sucks, Lankow sucks, Donovan sucks, and I bet Phaneuf is going to suck too.:rolleyes:

sexualbanana
07-22-2005, 05:46 PM
I would've liked to see how our defense would play if we still had Gauthier.

Regehr, Phaneuf, Gauthier.

Would've been fun to watch I think

chunger_11
07-22-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't think Calgary has a second round pick. I believe we traded it away to San Jose for Kiprusoff.

I'm gonna stick with the Flames till I die. I was born a Flames fan since the 80s struggled with them in the late 90s and will celebrate with them again and again! GO FLAMES GO

and prod...ummgo fuck yourself :guns: :angel:

Hakkola
07-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey man, Nieminen is the shit too.

A lot of you guys are talking out of your asses. Only the number one draft pick is good? We didn't have a draft last year, so basically the second pic could have been a first overall.

There are at least 8 solid prospects in this draft, and there is way more talent this year than there has been in most previous drafts.

Most teams that have been in Calgary's position have missed the playoffs the next year, so maybe a year off will have been good, the Salary Cap is also a huge boost for the flames, should even the playing field, I think calgary only used 32 million last running season, and now teams will be topped off at 39.

The season flames made it so far was the first year I didn't believe they would make the playoffs, so I'll keep my expectations low and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

With all the new signings and rules I don't think I have a favorite team any more. It should be an entertaining season, I just want to see good skillful hockey.

88CRX
07-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
A lot of you guys are talking out of your asses. Only the number one draft pick is good?

Thank you.... if i hear one more person say that i might freak out lol.

BerserkerCatSplat
07-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Crosby may be this year's big pick, but hear people talk like he's going to single-handedly save the league.

I think it's the no-name guys that are going to come out of the woodwork and play somesolid hockey toget the league back togehter. Personally, I'd much rather see a no-name player comeout and surpass all expectations than Crosby go and do what everyone thinks he will do.

Nissanaddict
07-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Yeah...and besides, Sutter has an eye for talent like no other. "Hmm, let's take this team's 3rd goalie" and he turns out to kick majorly...and I wouldn't worry bout Crosby...with the new season, we play him 3 times in the next 3 years. As for the playoffs, that's another story.

DC2uned
07-24-2005, 06:50 PM
The bandwagoners are a plenty is this thread :rofl:

Like the one dude said, the Flames really aren't that great, and if you were a true hockey fan you would clearly and undeniably see that. Yes we have some good players (Iggy and Kiper) but the rest is nothing to get your hopes up for the coming season.

Its going to be funny to see all the bandwagon hoes react to the stomping the flames will recieve. Hockey what hockey:dunno:

three.eighteen.
07-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by DC2uned

Like the one dude said, the Flames really aren't that great, and if you were a true hockey fan you would clearly and undeniably see that. Yes we have some good players (Iggy and Kiper) but the rest is nothing to get your hopes up for the coming season.

Its going to be funny to see all the bandwagon hoes react to the stomping the flames will recieve. Hockey what hockey:dunno:

you also have to consider that alot of the heaviliy favoured teams to make the playoffs will lose alot of talent which will be redistributed around the league, so even the good teams that are used to doing the stomping may not have the ability to do so, because all teams will be limited to their own iggies/kippers, so to speak

trikypenguin
07-24-2005, 07:23 PM
calgary got sooo screwed in the draft :banghead:

chunger_11
07-24-2005, 07:48 PM

if you were a true hockey fan, it doesn't matter what team you like, how well they do..all that matters is that how much you love them.

anyways, if you think calgary got screwed, look at the oilers..haha they did miserable compared to us and they draft one before us. Florida got the shaft..29th? ouch.

88CRX
07-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by trikypenguin
calgary got sooo screwed in the draft :banghead:

not really.... it was a lotery.... luck of the draw.

and even if they had a higher pick its not like we would use it wisely :thumbsdow

88CRX
07-24-2005, 08:11 PM

The Flames have a very skilled team.

They have one of the leagues best young defensive squads (regher, leopold, and now phanouff). They have the leagues best player (Iginla) and one of the leagues best goaltenders in 04-05 (kipper). They also have a good support group of forwards. How can you say there not that good? How do they less "skill" then say Vancouver or Edmonton or the like?

Are you also a Leafs fan?

Kobe
07-24-2005, 08:13 PM

not really.... it was a lotery.... luck of the draw.

and even if they had a higher pick its not like we would use it wisely :thumbsdow

calgary had 2 balls, and still got 26th out of 30

They got pretty screwed haha.. Atleast tampa got 30th haha

lastprodigy
07-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

Your right man, they ain't got shit. Regher sucks, Leopold sucks, Yelle sucks, Lankow sucks, Donovan sucks, and I bet Phaneuf is going to suck too.:rolleyes:

lol ok maybe regher, all im saying is that anyone can say the flames are good cuz of their one run but the bottom line is they dont have a lot of proven good players which i know you all know is true....even kipper still needz to prove himself otherwise hes just another JS Giguere to be honest...

Street_Soldier
07-24-2005, 10:42 PM
have been a penguins fan for the last 15 years and I think this is great. I just want the Penguins to stay in pittsburgh and I think this is the miracle the team needed. Pittsburgh is going to be a wicked team maybe not this season probably not next maybe not even after that but soon, i feel it :D. In the last 3 years 2 number 1 draft picks and a second draft pick. With the Penguins low payroll and the amount of freeagents at the moment Pittsburgh is definately going to start signing some key players. Go Mario :clap:

PeDe
07-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Pitsburg got him :thumbsdow

Kirbs17
07-24-2005, 10:45 PM
This is going to be amazing. Crosby is going to be nutured and brought up by a legend. Mario is going to teach him perfectly, and bring him along. This is by far the best thing that could have happened. Im pumped to see this. And hell, having Marc Andre Fluery as a goaltender is a great great bonus too!!

mac_82
07-24-2005, 10:46 PM

lol ok maybe regher, all im saying is that anyone can say the flames are good cuz of their one run but the bottom line is they dont have a lot of proven good players which i know you all know is true....even kipper still needz to prove himself otherwise hes just another JS Giguere to be honest...

what was it that turned around the flames? seriously? it wasn't any one player, it was the whole team. and how did that happen you ask? try looking at the coach? doesnt matter how many key, proven stars you have, look at the rangers. the coach has to bring it all together.

long live sutter.

88CRX
07-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by mac_82

what was it that turned around the flames? seriously? it wasn't any one player, it was the whole team. and how did that happen you ask? try looking at the coach? doesnt matter how many key, proven stars you have, look at the rangers. the coach has to bring it all together.

long live sutter.

payroll and "big named players" win hockey games :rolleyes:

Kirbs17
07-24-2005, 11:22 PM

payroll and "big named players" win hockey games :rolleyes:

lol the rangers cleary make that statement = shit. Highest payroll and they suck. But I agree that teams like detroit, colorado, new jersery and dallas all bought their cups. Calgary is going to a competitive team ( I dont think they'll contend for the cup again, maybe the division) with Regher and Phanuef leading their defensive core. The Coyotes are going to be a team to watch, as soon as Gretz steps up. I think hes goin to be the next Bowman (in terms of coaching ability).

DC2uned
07-25-2005, 02:18 PM

The Flames have a very skilled team.

They have one of the leagues best young defensive squads (regher, leopold, and now phanouff). They have the leagues best player (Iginla) and one of the leagues best goaltenders in 04-05 (kipper). They also have a good support group of forwards. How can you say there not that good? How do they less "skill" then say Vancouver or Edmonton or the like?

Are you also a Leafs fan?

No, just not a bandwagoner like yourself.

If the Flames didn't have the run they did last year you would even know the names of those "best young" defensemen, and the fact that you label them as such shows your lack of hockey knowledge.

Impreza
07-25-2005, 03:31 PM

If the Flames didn't have the run they did last year you would even know the names of those "best young" defensemen, and the fact that you label them as such shows your lack of hockey knowledge.

Can you honestly name another team with better young defensemen? Calgary has the leagues best young defense. Period.

DC2uned
07-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Impreza

Can you honestly name another team with better young defensemen? Calgary has the leagues best young defense. Period.

What makes them the best defensemen??????
One seasons performance? They weren't even good last year, with a goalie like Kipper they any defenseman can shine.

lastprodigy
07-25-2005, 06:36 PM

What makes them the best defensemen??????
One seasons performance? They weren't even good last year, with a goalie like Kipper they any defenseman can shine.

totally agree here, one stanley cup run does not make them great by any means, they have to prove themselves year in year out to be compared and mentioned with the likes of niedermayer, stevens etc!

88CRX
07-25-2005, 06:42 PM

oh, so your not even a real hockey fan, that explains alot.

haha, i've been going to Flames games for 6+ years since i moved here.... and i have been a die hard hockey fan since i could watch tv.

btw - the flames DO HAVE THE MOST SKILLED YOUNG DEFENCE IN THE LEAQUE. ask any real hockey fan and they would probably agree.

88CRX
07-25-2005, 06:45 PM
totally agree here, one stanley cup run does not make them great by any means, they have to prove themselves year in year out to be compared and mentioned with the likes of niedermayer, stevens etc!

haha.... nobody is claiming regher or leopold to be better then niedermayer or stevens (ok maybe stevens since hes a hack) one on one, but calgary has depth in the defence positions.

mac_82
07-25-2005, 07:04 PM
^^ exactly, regher and leopold are not better than stevens or niedermayer. nieds is 31, stevens is 41. leopold and regher are 24 and 25. anyone who knows anything knows that d-men in the nhl don't usually hit their potential until their late 20's, early 30's, later than the average forward because of the learning curve.

here are some of the flames young D men:

- rhett warner (29)
- toni lydman (28)
- andrew ference (26)
- mike commodore (26)
- robyn regher (25)
- jordan leopold (24)
- tim ramholt (21)
- dion phaneuf (20)

the flames have a very solid core of young D men. how else would they feel comfortable trading away derek morris or denis gauthier?

the only performances that were sketchy to me were commodore and ference. they have to prove themselves, i dont think warner, lydman, regher, or leopold have to. and phaneuf will be getting lots of ice time this year, he will be amazing.

88CRX
07-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
^^ exactly, regher and leopold are not better than stevens or niedermayer. nieds is 31, stevens is 41. leopold and regher are 24 and 25. anyone who knows anything knows that d-men in the nhl don't usually hit their potential until their late 20's, early 30's, later than the average forward because of the learning curve.

here are some of the flames young D men:

- rhett warner (29)
- toni lydman (28)
- andrew ference (26)
- mike commodore (26)
- robyn regher (25)
- jordan leopold (24)
- tim ramholt (21)
- dion phaneuf (20)

the flames have a very solid core of young D men. how else would they feel comfortable trading away derek morris or denis gauthier?

the only performances that were sketchy to me were commodore and ference. they have to prove themselves, i dont think warner, lydman, regher, or leopold have to. and phaneuf will be getting lots of ice time this year, he will be amazing.

this man knows his shit :D

dericer
07-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Those who know hockey, know Calgary was amazing last year. For one reason.

Ken King, this guy never doubted his scouting core, he's always had amazing assistant coaches, a great minor system. Love or hate his GM decisions, he laid the foundation for a team of harding, talented players, with one hell of coach/GM. Although Jim Playfair could replace Darryl Sutter as coach (not GM) and we wouldn't even know the difference by the product on the ice. IMO.

I guarentee you I was the first fan to bring a cup to the game Dec 26 game vs. Edmonton. Everyone laughed, One ass tried to throw it away. But Those who know Hockey knew.

Calgary is by far the most well-rounded team over all team in the league.

I saw it, my friends saw. Then those pussies who doubted saw it.

I've been there since the beginning. I'll be there 'til the end.

Phaneuf + Regehr = Suter + MacInnis

Flames will make the playoff next year without a doubt. Then from there who knows. I'll tell you in December.

End Rant.

Go Flames

mac_82
07-25-2005, 07:25 PM
plus i forgot to mention the phaneuf is probably the best defensive prospect in years. he will probably end up being the next scott stevens, who is one of his idols.

there is no doubt in my mind flames will contend for a playoff spot next year. last year (04) was just a learning process, just like 86 was in my mind. give it a couple of years, and we will have another 89 on our hands! i have no doubt.

DC2uned
07-25-2005, 10:42 PM

oh, so your not even a real hockey fan, that explains alot.

haha, i've been going to Flames games for 6+ years since i moved here.... and i have been a die hard hockey fan since i could watch tv.

btw - the flames DO HAVE THE MOST SKILLED YOUNG DEFENCE IN THE LEAQUE. ask any real hockey fan and they would probably agree.

Not only am i a hockey fan, but i have also played hockey since i was 4 y/o. I stoped when i reached 16. And no i am not a diehard like you claim to be but a fan non the less. If you played hockey you would realize the impact the goalie has on the defensemen performance.

lastprodigy
07-25-2005, 11:31 PM

Not only am i a hockey fan, but i have also played hockey since i was 4 y/o. I stoped when i reached 16. And no i am not a diehard like you claim to be but a fan non the less. If you played hockey you would realize the impact the goalie has on the defensemen performance.

great minds think alike...i was a goalie too for 9 years that i played hockey:D

88CRX
07-25-2005, 11:35 PM
If you played hockey you would realize the impact the goalie has on the defensemen performance.

Um, ok. Whether or not i played hockey doesnt really change anything, but incase you were wondering i played for 8 years.

And using your analogy does that mean Neidermayer and Stevens arent good, they play with the best goalie in the leaque. They'd prolly suck without Brodeur.

Hmmmm.

Whatever, we're not gonna change each others minds lol. BTW, what team do you cheer for?

DC2uned
07-26-2005, 12:17 AM

Whatever, we're not gonna change each others minds lol. BTW, what team do you cheer for?

To be honest, I actaully really like the Leafs.:D
But i used to love Colorado and still do, and also Detroit. And ofcourse i have to cheer on the local team haha.

DC2uned
07-26-2005, 12:20 AM

great minds think alike...i was a goalie too for 9 years that i played hockey:D

I was a goalie only for 3 years out of the many that i played, but enough to make me realize that no matter how stacked a team you have, it ain't shit until you have a great goalie.
And if you are a shitty team a great goalie can take you almost all the way.

Impreza
07-26-2005, 01:31 AM

:eek: Go figure...haha j/k:drama:

dericer
07-26-2005, 09:41 AM

But i used to love Colorado and still do, and also Detroit. And ofcourse i have to cheer on the local team haha.

Go figure your fav. teams are Detroit & Colorado. What they didn't win the cup and now you don't like them?

That's the definition of Bandwagon.

Unless you are from there it's weak.

DC2uned
07-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by dericer

Go figure your fav. teams are Detroit & Colorado. What they didn't win the cup and now you don't like them?

That's the definition of Bandwagon.

Unless you are from there it's weak.

Perhaps you missed the part where i stated that i still like them, and i have liked the Aves since they formed it had nothing to do with them winning shit.