PDA

View Full Version : 5-114 bolt pattern. Cant Find ANY rims!

PeDe
07-22-2005, 02:16 PM
My Dad has a 1986 300ZX Turbo and the the tires are 225/50/ZR16

The bolt pattern on the car is 5-114

We have searched a lot of places and still can not find any DECENT looking rims for it. He is mainly looking for a spoke pattern but at this point anything would be apreciated.

Anyone know any car shops in town that would know where to get some rims like that!?

Skyline_Addict
07-22-2005, 02:19 PM
My Tires or Speedtech can hook you up with just about any rim you want.

googe
07-22-2005, 02:20 PM
volk has a bunch of stuff in 5x114

GTS Jeff
07-22-2005, 02:49 PM
I have a newish set of 17" OZ F1 plus for sale..

tirebob
07-22-2005, 02:51 PM
This car has a very popular bolt pattern, but a very uncommon offset in 5-114.3. You want to run something less than ET20, and most of that stuff will either be amercian muscle car style, or custom build expensive high end rims. You can get stuff, but be prepared to watch your wallet shrink...

You can always get some bolt on adaptor kits that will decrease the offset, then you can run a multitude of different rims...

dkny_stylez
07-22-2005, 10:00 PM
lol wtf:banghead:

Zephyr
07-28-2005, 02:11 AM
ask any 95-98 nissan 240sx owner that has five lug pattern where they get their rims...they r same bolt pattern.

tirebob
07-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
ask any 95-98 nissan 240sx owner that has five lug pattern where they get their rims...they r same bolt pattern. Again, you will still have an offset problem. The 300zx of these years require low offsets while the vehicles mentioned above are high offset. Yes the bolt pattern is correct, but the offset is wrong. To run them you will need to use some pretty thick spacers...

Zephyr
07-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by CMSbob
Again, you will still have an offset problem. The 300zx of these years require low offsets while the vehicles mentioned above are high offset. Yes the bolt pattern is correct, but the offset is wrong. To run them you will need to use some pretty thick spacers...

u do know that a lot of the stock 240sx alloys do work with the 300zx, i seen a few with SE alloys on (dunno why u want to but it works), plus i rarely see 240s with high offsets...hell i seen 240s with -20 offset

tirebob
07-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

u do know that a lot of the stock 240sx alloys do work with the 300zx, i seen a few with SE alloys on (dunno why u want to but it works), plus i rarely see 240s with high offsets...hell i seen 240s with -20 offset The 240's had an OEM offset of ET42. The 1990 and later 300's have the Higher offset as well. The older 300's have an offset of under ET20.

In other words, assuming someone is using wheels that are the "proper" fitment for a 240, they will not be the "proper" fitment for an older 300. If someone has a totally custom 240 with low offset wheels for drifting etc, then sure they may fit the older 300, but if they are your typical high offset wheel for the 240 then using them on an older 300 will not work as they will tuck at least 1 inch in from what is proper, and 99 times out of 100 will interfere with the brake calipers or other components. Using a spacer will push them out to the proper position and away from the components, but this involves getting longer studs etc, or going with a bolt on spacer that has pre-pressed in wheel studs that you mount the rim onto.

Not trying to give you the gears man, but I have done literally hundreds of these fitments since the 80's, and what guys do with mods etc is different than what is actually proper for the vehicle. To get wheels that are actually correct in fitment is tougher than it may appear for the 300's...

tirebob
07-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Just for curiosity sakes, try going to the Tirerack and search for rims by vehicle and see how many options come up. Tirerack sells more mags and performance tires than ANY company in North America, and probably the entire world(no joke... I have seen the numbers), and if they can't get many "off the shelf" options, it goes to show the difficulty in getting a proper fit...

www.tirerack.com

Search a 1986 300ZX

Zephyr
07-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by CMSbob
The 240's had an OEM offset of ET42. The 1990 and later 300's have the Higher offset as well. The older 300's have an offset of under ET20.

In other words, assuming someone is using wheels that are the "proper" fitment for a 240, they will not be the "proper" fitment for an older 300. If someone has a totally custom 240 with low offset wheels for drifting etc, then sure they may fit the older 300, but if they are your typical high offset wheel for the 240 then using them on an older 300 will not work as they will tuck at least 1 inch in from what is proper, and 99 times out of 100 will interfere with the brake calipers or other components. Using a spacer will push them out to the proper position and away from the components, but this involves getting longer studs etc, or going with a bolt on spacer that has pre-pressed in wheel studs that you mount the rim onto.

Not trying to give you the gears man, but I have done literally hundreds of these fitments since the 80's, and what guys do with mods etc is different than what is actually proper for the vehicle. To get wheels that are actually correct in fitment is tougher than it may appear for the 300's...

problem is in the very beginning i was talking about aftermarket rims, not stock...and not many 240s run high offsets aftermarket wise...