PDA

View Full Version : Itchy grey patch on my back

GTS Jeff
07-23-2005, 02:33 AM
I've got this 6x3cm patch of dry grey skin on my back. It's itchy as hell and bumpy too. It's been like this for over a month now. WTF?!??!??!

Skyline_Addict
07-23-2005, 02:40 AM
:rofl: ask your girlfirned?
jkjkjk.

are you on any medication that may cause dry skin? this could be the result of that.

GTS Jeff
07-23-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
:rofl: ask your girlfirned?
jkjkjk.

are you on any medication that may cause dry skin? this could be the result of that. My gf told me to ignore it, but that hasn't really fixed it.

I'm not on any meds at all...

SiG Baby
07-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Exfoliate it off...if it comes back, go see a doctor.

DC2uned
07-23-2005, 10:38 AM
I don't give a damn about your itchy patch. YOU have the best Sig ever on Beyond.

GTS Jeff
07-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by SiG Baby
Exfoliate it off...if it comes back, go see a doctor. WTF is exfoliating? Is that like sanding it off?

HMmmmmm, what grit should I use? 2000?

bspot
07-23-2005, 11:56 AM
I suggest wet sanding, or maybe just a claybar. Through a new layer of wax on there, and it will shine like new.

RickDaTuner
07-23-2005, 12:57 PM
you might have shingles.. you better go have it checked out before is spreads and leaves a nasty scar, have yo been feeling sick lately?

or it could just be exzema(sp?)

SiG Baby
07-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
WTF is exfoliating? Is that like sanding it off?

HMmmmmm, what grit should I use? 2000?

:rofl: ya kinda like sanding it of, it's like little grits of sand in a body wash or soap. Ask your GF she can probably hook it up.

badseed
07-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Sounds like the early stages of skin cancer.:eek:

GTS Jeff
07-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by badseed
Sounds like the early stages of skin cancer.:eek: :( Ok it sounds like a trip to the doctor is in order....

7thgenvic
07-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
:( Ok it sounds like a trip to the doctor is in order....

if i were you, i would have seen a doctor a while ago, thats kinda weird! too bad there are no doctors on the board

you could always google it, or go on med forums

^SkylinE^
07-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
you might have shingles.. you better go have it checked out before is spreads and leaves a nasty scar, have yo been feeling sick lately?

or it could just be exzema(sp?)

Lol this does not sound like shingles lol i have seen people with shingles even ones that have died from them. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GTSJEFF this thread is usless without pictures.

Post a pic or go to your doctor. I wanna see pics though:barf: :rofl:

BerserkerCatSplat
07-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Sounds like dermatitis (eczema), but I'd still go to the doctor if I was you!

Atopic dermatitis -- Atopic dermatitis is a long-lasting condition that occurs most frequently in people with a family history of allergies such as dermatitis, hay fever and asthma. The affected skin in atopic dermatitis is itchy and may be scaly, thickened and cracked. The color of the skin may be red to brownish-gray and/or whitish. People with atopic dermatitis have drier than normal skin and may have small wrinkles around the eyes and sometimes elsewhere. Areas most commonly affected include the elbow bends, backs of the knees, face, ankles, wrists, neck and upper chest. Some people report intense, almost unbearable itching that is more intense at night. Treatment can include applying hydrocortisone lotion as well as topical medications that affect the immune system. In addition, wet dressings may be used if the skin has cracked open. If the itching is severe, an antihistamine may be recommended.