PDA

View Full Version : What should I do in Hawaii??

ronaldo
07-23-2005, 10:52 AM
going to hawaii on monday for a soccer tournament and we're gonna get some time to just chill there...i was wondering what are some of the places n things i should check out while im there?? thankz in advance

rage2
07-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Which island?

b_t
07-23-2005, 10:55 AM
If you are on Maui, go to Lahaina.. lots of AWESOME restaraunts, cool art galleries (check out the Hollywood ones, they have an original The Godfather poster signed by the cast, including Marlon Brando), more awesome restaraunts, cool stores, and then even more awesome restaraunts.
Check out Cheeseburger in Paradise, and Bubba Gumps for sure.

ronaldo
07-23-2005, 10:55 AM
oops soory forgot to mention we're goin to Honolulu:thumbsup:

D'z Nutz
07-23-2005, 11:26 AM
If I were ever in Hawaii, the first thing I would do would be to hit up Mauna Kea and see the Keck telescopes, the world's biggest. Anything else would fall second to that.

finboy
07-23-2005, 11:43 AM
there are some nice cars there, but my recomendation is snorkeling and just relaxing on the beach :thumbsup:

ronaldo
07-23-2005, 11:47 AM
any good places to hit up for shopping??

nhlfan
07-23-2005, 02:15 PM
ala moana mall or something, i think...i was there a while ago.

Kona9
07-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Your a canadian Soccer player.....get some bitches!!!! DUH:nut: jk

craigcd
07-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Im not spelling this right but "Hanama Bay" pretty good snorkeling and beach stuff. Crazy reef

dj_rice
07-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Get some Hawaii weed and smoke it up!

SwitchBlade
07-24-2005, 02:29 AM
If Hanama Bay is the nature reserve reef definetly check that out. It's probably one of the most beautiful reefs I have seen.

Also, I would recommend surfing. Don't go with one of the large companies as they are hella expensive. There are usually smaller companies run by locals which are cheaper and just as good. They are also licenced by the state of Hawaii.

The volcano is kinda boring so I wouldnt recommend that. Check out some waterfalls.

Rent a jeep or convertible or bike and cruise the coastline.

Have fun!

mo_virgin
07-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Frick man, shopping? Honolulu is just like any other major US city, dont waste your time shopping. Although ala moana is a pretty sweet mall (open air design). Just spend time at wakiki and enjoy the girls, cruise the coastline with a convertible or bike, learn to surf if you havnt and enjoy the nightlife. Thats what hawaii is about.

mo_virgin
07-24-2005, 02:43 AM
Oh by the way, you dont need lessons to surf off of wakiki (unless you can't swim). The swells are perfect for beginners Just rent a board, and ask some people out there to guide you... preferably an attractive girl. It's quite easy actually.

lastprodigy
07-24-2005, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
Your a canadian Soccer player.....get some bitches!!!! DUH:nut: jk

lol he also weighs like a hundred pounds from his various weight gain threads :poosie:

rinny
07-24-2005, 02:29 PM
If you go downtown dont get sucked in by the scamming bastards who put a parrot on your shoulder, take a polaroid and have a stamp on the back page of a probation paper and then charge you 20 bucks for it.

Hanama bay is a good idea, but far out of the way depending on where you stay. Well worth a bus trip tho.

Check out the north shore.

Cheap souvenirs at the international marketplace. Barder those damn vendors and get a price half of what they want.

I didnt think Waikiki beach was that great, but check out boogie boarding with a small company that will bring you to different beaches. You'll definately have an awesome time.

ronaldo
07-24-2005, 04:39 PM
thanks for all the help everyone....i leave tomm morning:D ill be sure to check some of those places out....sounds like fun:thumbsup:

cant wait to be sitting on the beach at 28 degrees everyday:bigpimp:

hockeybronx
07-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ronaldo
going to hawaii on monday for a soccer tournament and we're gonna get some time to just chill there...i was wondering what are some of the places n things i should check out while im there?? thankz in advance

thanks for all the help everyone....i leave tomm morning:D ill be sure to check some of those places out....sounds like fun:thumbsup:

cant wait to be sitting on the beach at 28 degrees everyday:bigpimp:

I was in Honolulu for a while about 5 years ago. My suggestion would be to grab a taxi and ask him what a few of the main attractions are. I remember a mall in Honolulu (can't remember the name) but it must have been 20 city blocks long and it had no walls whatsoever, everything is outside except with a roof. If you are into shopping go there.

I wouldn't recommend Pearl Harbor, I found it to be quite boring and seemingly outdated. If you want to pay respect to American History check it out, but it isn't a must see.

Waikiki beach is definitely a must see. Our hotel was right on the beach so we were there the whole time. However there are tons of jellyfish warnings on the beach there so WATCH OUT! Within the Waikiki district are tons of little shops and stores that can be pretty interesting.

Other than that you'll find Honolulu to be extremely Americanized. If it weren't for the Palm Trees and undescribable humidity you'd think you were in downtown Dallas.

From what I saw, the laid back Hawaiian lifestyle definitely doesn't apply to Honolulu, but you can still get a great taste of what I believe is the greatest group of islands on earth.

ronaldo
08-03-2005, 10:29 AM
hey guys...just got back from my trip yesterday it was an amazing experience. got to try alot of the things you guys suggested like snorkeling and surfing. had a great time with the soccer tournament and just chillin on the beach...would love to go back

anyways thankz for everyones input it was really helpful:thumbsup:

phatfx
08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
hey guys...just got back from my trip yesterday it was an amazing experience. got to try alot of the things you guys suggested like snorkeling and surfing. had a great time with the soccer tournament and just chillin on the beach...would love to go back

anyways thankz for everyones input it was really helpful:thumbsup:

Did you go to Ala Moana Mall? If so, how was it?

hockeybronx
08-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Glad you had a good time out there. Depending on my holiday situation I'm probably going back in December again:clap: