PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Asia...suggestions

LUDELVR
07-24-2005, 02:20 AM
Okay, well, my time in Korea is pretty much done. I'm finished at my current school in 3 days then it's off to Japan. I plan to go to Japan for about a week and I'll be hitting up Fukuoka, Kyoto and Osaka. Anyone that's been there, please give me some suggestions on what's good to do. :thumbsup:
I made a post like this before but can't find it so here it is again.

After that week, I'm back in Korea to work for another 2 months then at the end of September the real tour begins. I'll be heading out for about 3 months and end up in Calgary at the end of December.

Anyway, first stop is Beijing. I'll be going to the great wall, that's a given as well as going to Hong Kong. I should be spending about 1-2 weeks in China. Also gonna go see the giant pandas in a little Chinese Village so that should be cool. Anything else? :dunno:

After that first stop, I'll be heading to Malaysia. I think my only stop will be in Kuala Lumpur but not exactly sure what I can do there. Prolly spend a few days to a week there.

Once that stop is over, heading to Singapore. Again, not sure what I can do there so I guess I'll see once I get there! haha

Post Singapore, I'll be heading to Thailand. Looking to spend about 3-4 weeks here, heard it's pretty cheap to live so that's good. Anyone been here, suggestions please!! I'll be hitting up Phuket, Changmai and Bangkok, mostly the beaches.

After the long stay in Thailand, I'll be heading to the mother land for about a month. Philippines. Should be fun since my parents have a beach house there, but unfortunately it's on a rock beach and it's completely opposite from the touristy places...oh well, some solitude may be in order after traveling for a few months!

Again, I'm looking for some suggestions from you guys who have heard or have done some cool things in these places. I've been to the Philippines before but that was when I was 10 so now everything is pretty much legal! ;) :rofl:
So suggest away! :thumbsup:

mac_82
07-24-2005, 02:25 AM
Thailand

- koh phangan, full moon party good time, usually near the end of the month

-railay beach, outside of krabi, amazing beaches, limestone rocks, best rock climbing in the world

Kuala Lumpur

-petrons towers were worth a trip, pretty cool

Cambodia

-angkor wat, most amazing thing i have ever seen, take a bus from bangkok to siem reap, spend a couple of days checking out the lost temples, simply amazing!!

good luck

:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
07-24-2005, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by mac_82
Thailand

- koh phangan, full moon party good time, usually near the end of the month

:thumbsup:

haha, one of the teachers went there for a vacation and he wrote an email back stating how he went to the full moon party but woke up the next day in the hospital and he was saying how he had a run in with two thai men that wanted to practice their thai kickboxing skills on him! haha :rofl:

Looking forward to this, that's for sures!!!