PDA

View Full Version : Lost my remote.. grrr

Chris Ng
07-24-2005, 03:43 PM
I had Jeff (12v) install an alarm/starter combo in my suv over a year ago.. I belive it was one of those DSE 800 systems.. anyhow, I had only recieved 1 remote for the system.. not a big issue until today... I have been driving my other car the last little while and never noticed that the stupid remote had fallen off my keychain! anyways, chances are, the remote is now lost forever and I have no way of getting of getting into the car without setting off the alarm, disableing the ignition etc...

Does anyone out there know if Jeff is still around? I need to find myself a replacement remote for this system or have it disabled entirely.. Is anyone famililar with this particular alarm system and know what I can do for the mean time to disable the alarm to let me use the damn truck for work? Anyhelp would be appreciated..

Daxin
07-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Here are the numbers that I have:

990-1764
333-3872

Chris Ng
07-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Well, this certainly sucks.. Thanks for the #'s.. I tried giving Jeff a call on his cell, and unfortunately, Jeff has lost his cell phone.. someone has since found the cell phone, but has no idea who Jeff is.. so Jeff, if you are reading this.. give your cellphone a call if you want it back... I tried the other number and it was disconnected :(

I know that a bunch of people on here have this particular model of alarm system installed by Jeff (DSE 800+) .. If you do have this alarm, could you please do me a great favor and scan in the installation guide for me, or at least let me know if it is possible to disable the alarm without the use of the remote? I found the locations of the little red push button and toggle switch, however playing around with them doesn't seem to do anything to allow me to disable the alarm...

Thanks,
Chris

Daxin
07-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Is it similar to the compustar? Never heard of DSE.

Strugari
07-25-2005, 07:30 AM
try www.dsecanada.com and click on "contact us"
They are out of Quebec, and you can get info from them.
Should be able to order a new transmitter for your system:thumbsup: