PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Bikers - opinions needed.

hockeybronx
07-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Alright well it's time for me to blow a little money, so I've decided to get back into biking. About 7 years ago I pretty much lived on my bike and I recorded about 1500km 3 or 4 years straight.

My main interests are:
- urban riding (stairs, drops, balancing along ledges)
- north shore/trials (ladders, balancing along planks, trees etc)

I also want to do a bit of trailriding/singletracks but we'll see.

Here are two bikes I've been looking at. If you guys have time, comment on each one and how they suit what I want to do with the bike and maybe recommend another bike as well.

The first bike: Kona Stuff
http://www.konaworld.com/shopping_cart/FrontEnd/Products/product_detail.aspx?productid=105&parentid=182

The second bike: Norco Tactic
http://www.norco.com/05/2005bikes/shore.php

Thanks for any help:thumbsup:

hockeybronx
07-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Never mind, I decided just to listen to myself and ended up buying the Kona:thumbsup:

:closed:

civic_stylez
07-26-2005, 08:20 AM
hey man, ill watch for you on the dirt jumps at C O P!!!

atomic
07-26-2005, 10:26 AM
that's a good little dirt jumper . enjoy . panorama is a blast this year . if u can make it up

civic_stylez
07-26-2005, 10:43 AM
^^ hey how long is the drive from calgary to panorama? hows the DH section?

hockeybronx
07-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
hey man, ill watch for you on the dirt jumps at C O P!!!

Originally posted by atomic
that's a good little dirt jumper . enjoy . panorama is a blast this year . if u can make it up

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it so far. The rockguard is a life saver when trying to wheely up things, and this bike has so much weight on the back it makes steep rooty singletracks quite a bit more managable.

I'll head out to C.O.P in the coming weeks to try out their new dirt jumping course, and also get some revenge on that trials park that owned me 4 years ago when I was last there.

Say, would anybody be up for some urban riding downtown some time?

The Rider
07-28-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm pretty much always up for riding. I can't remember if I suggested this before but perhaps a Beyond Bike Ride should be organized?

hockeybronx
07-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Rider, check your PM.