PDA

View Full Version : Legend Engine Toast....

johnnybad1
07-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Long time lurker first time poster....

I am the unfortunate owner of a 91 Legend 4 door and had a cooling problem on the way to the airport last week. Decided to drive the last 10 miles with no cooling and blew the head gaskets out of the motor.

Anyone know which shop would be the best to supply and install a replacement engine?

Or failing that is there anyone out there that would buy the car as a mechanics special.

Thanks...

(I'm looking for an E36 M3....any sellers out there?)

3G
07-24-2005, 11:32 PM
I know a guy who is a good mechanic and doesnt charge much, ill find his card tom and pm u his info

AllGoNoShow
07-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Any chance your Tr6 has a GT6 hood or know of one around?

How much u selling the Legend for without fixing it?

If your looking for Performance/Replacement engine + install, JDMSource, good engines, good installers, but if u just want to flip the car, might not be worth the cash.

johnnybad1
07-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Sorry don't have a GT6 hood - there was one in Pick-Yo a couple months back...

My TR6 is fully restored and a pretty hot motor for a vintage car with Jaguar carbs, aluminum flywheel, roller rockers, headers, kent cams, MSD ignition, optical points, Toyota Supra 5-Speed conversion transmission, new Pannasports, new Bridgestones, new interior, dash, guages, dual Stainless steel exhausts, really loud mufflers - car really honks for a vintage ride. I'm going to sell it on eBay later this month. I love it but after driving a couple BMW's the old ride isn't the same any more.

I'm going to try and fix the Legend I doubt it's worth more than a grand as is and I paid 9g's for it a couple years ago.

JDMSource never have any Legend motors I'v called them about 5 times over the past year.

Weapon_R
07-27-2005, 04:45 PM
You won't need to replace the whole engine as a result of a headgasket failure. If you search around here, you should be able to get it fixed for about 5-700.

If you don't want to fix it, try selling it in the marketplace. Im sure that you could get a little cash back on it and have someone else drop in a head gasket.

eNeRgY
07-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by johnnybad1
Sorry don't have a GT6 hood - there was one in Pick-Yo a couple months back...

My TR6 is fully restored and a pretty hot motor for a vintage car with Jaguar carbs, aluminum flywheel, roller rockers, headers, kent cams, MSD ignition, optical points, Toyota Supra 5-Speed conversion transmission, new Pannasports, new Bridgestones, new interior, dash, guages, dual Stainless steel exhausts, really loud mufflers - car really honks for a vintage ride. I'm going to sell it on eBay later this month. I love it but after driving a couple BMW's the old ride isn't the same any more.

I'm going to try and fix the Legend I doubt it's worth more than a grand as is and I paid 9g's for it a couple years ago.

JDMSource never have any Legend motors I'v called them about 5 times over the past year.

Thats not true i just replace my motor 6 months ago. Motor runs fine. For installation go to Alvins automotive he did the install for a $1000. Cost me about $2000 motor and installation. If you want sell me your legend! how many Kms on it? rust?

johnnybad1
07-27-2005, 11:26 PM
eNeRgY thanks for the info on Alvins much appreciated. My legend is 4door, burgandy exterior, tan leather interior, some surface rust inder the trunk emblem and a dollar size spot on the drivers rear quarter above the wheel. The front seats need new leather. I put new brakes in with drilled rotors and pads the brakes are excellent. Mileage is unknown because the speedo broke and I put in a new speedo. Silverhill Acura has records on the car for the first few years of service then there is a big gap. The car came out of Califonia and has an MPH speedo. That Legend tracks straight and really hauls on the highway I drive in from Bragg to Bow Valley Square everyday 60k round trip and I do 90mph on the No. 1 in the mornings really like the car. What's it worth as a mechanics special?

freakin
08-03-2005, 11:31 AM
If this car gets parted out, I'll buy the front calipers off of it.