PDA

View Full Version : Feet too big... pedals too big!

natejj
07-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Alright, so im driving the 83 Scirocco... feet space is a wee big tight with my size 13 feet. When i move right foot to gas, from brake... kinda scrapes the brake, more then i would like it to. It has some aluminium racing pedals in there... any suggestions? WOuld it be possible to cut off the right side of the brace pedal, giving my foot more space on the gas? Or any other suggestions? Thanks.

Skyline_Addict
07-24-2005, 11:46 PM
take out the alum pedals if they're aftermarket?

natejj
07-25-2005, 12:21 AM
yes tehy are.... could i just cut the brake pedals right side off? or move it over and make new holes? Anyways, shudnt be a big problem.

Z24_3.1
07-25-2005, 12:35 AM
buy a bigger car bro

schurchill39
07-25-2005, 01:31 AM
why couldnt you cut alittle off the pedal? I am sure taking a little bit from the one side of metal on the brake pedal wont make a huge difference as long as you still have a decent surface to get your foot on. If they are just pedal covers take that shit off you dont need them. I know alot of race vehicels like rally cars have smaller then usual pedals all the way across with almost no clutch pedal cuz they rarely use it. (from the rally videos I have seen, i dont regularily watch rally racing) So all in all i think your own common sense about the situation would be the best help you have

EK 2.0
07-25-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by schurchill39
why couldnt you cut alittle off the pedal? I am sure taking a little bit from the one side of metal on the brake pedal wont make a huge difference as long as you still have a decent surface to get your foot on. If they are just pedal covers take that shit off you dont need them. I know alot of race vehicels like rally cars have smaller then usual pedals all the way across with almost no clutch pedal cuz they rarely use it. (from the rally videos I have seen, i dont regularily watch rally racing) So all in all i think your own common sense about the situation would be the best help you have

Rally cars use a Sequential Gearbox...no need for clutch other than to start rolling...

natejj
07-25-2005, 02:31 PM
I took the aftermarket alumin piece off ... works fine!

Zero102
07-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Haha, if you think that's bad, try driving a porsche in size 16 work boots. Sorry, this post made me think of the first time I drove a 944....

If you like the look of it, you can trim it to allow room for your feet. No reason why you can't, as long as you keep it reasonable. I've seen some very small brake pedals in my time, and I've never had a problem keeping my foot on them.

Arthur Dent
07-25-2005, 10:45 PM
drive with running shoes not dress shoes or boots. I had to do that with my Spitfire. I know I guy who has to drive barefoot or with socks in his Lotus Seven.

natejj
07-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Yeah... i wear casual/hikers... pretty big... but too much work to change em every time!

96Mx6
07-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Had the same problem with the Acura RL (99). During the test drive the sales guy was like wtf don't you know how to drive an auto Heh!.:hijack: