3g4me
07-25-2005, 09:17 AM
OMG what a sweet movie.
definetly not for the timid but damn was that a sic movie.:guns:
Anybody else see it?

b_t
07-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I saw it last night.
What an amazing fuckin ending. Perfect song, perfectly done, and it paid just enough homage to Bonnie & Cylde and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid... and the rest of the movie, whoa. I accidently missed the road kill scene, but saw everything up to and after that. Its a great movie - but it caters to a small niche. Definitely NOT FOR EVERYBODY... but I thought it was awesome. hopefully Zombie gets to make more movies.

heavyD
07-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Was it better than the first one? I didn't mind the first one but it wasn't really scary.

3g4me
07-25-2005, 09:57 AM
The first one was in the view of the victim, so your feel sorry for them, this one was all from the killers point of view, so you actually feel sorry for these total cold blooded killers. It's not really scary just more fucked up. lol

b_t
07-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Was it better than the first one? I didn't mind the first one but it wasn't really scary.

It was definitely way better... not quite the same thing, really, but it had a better plot, even more depraved violence, the same kind of weird direction, and its not like the kind of jump out and scare horror of all the other shit that has come out lately... I more just had a feeling of dread, worrying about what was going to happen next, for almost the entire movie. and then that ending.

heavyD
07-25-2005, 10:00 AM
I had a feeling it might be pretty good when that tool reviewer in the Calgary Sun said it was the worst movie he'd ever seen.:D

awd
07-25-2005, 10:04 AM
The gf and I went to the matinee yesterday. I enjoyed it, more of a fun gorefest than a horror flick though -- you are rooting for the bad guys the whole time.

Great soundtrack, cinematography and overall ambience -- 100X times better than Zombie's last crap flick.

That said, I think the latest redo of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was much better.

b_t
07-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
I had a feeling it might be pretty good when that tool reviewer in the Calgary Sun said it was the worst movie he'd ever seen.:D

the Sun's critics are all idiots. Roger Ebert liked it, and he is probably the most dependable critic in the whole business.

I find its unusual to see Zombie compared to Tarintino in every other review, one guy compared him to Martin Scorcese (sp?), saying that his directions is awesome but the movie is not so good and could have done with some more editing... good on him. hopefully he can go on making movies.

3g4me
07-25-2005, 10:26 AM
I figure any movie that the sun bashes is gonna be one of my new favs.(horror flicks that is)
The new chainsaw massacre got horrible reviews and i thought it was almost comparible to the original. (which is a good thing):thumbsup:

Wildcat
07-25-2005, 08:57 PM
wow another surprise, never thought this movie would be good either. i might just rent it tho

pinoyhero
07-30-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't think movies like this are for everyone but I really want to see it is it better than Rob Z's first flick?