PDA

View Full Version : The Island ****SPOILER THREAD****

shakalaka
07-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Went to check out this movie last night. And all I could say was WOW! This movie is absolutely awesome. Its like a typical Sci Fiction based in 2090 or something. This movie is really really good from every angle. The action once again is AWESOME and absolutely realisitc. The storyline is original and I thought it was actually pretty interesting. I am kind of a person who doesnt like all the sci fi movies and stuff, but this movie absolutely shook me. This movie is a must see for all the people who are into Action/Sci Fi genre. You guys will love this movie. It actually has few funny dialogues and stuff in it as well, which is hard to see in these kind of movies. It turned out totally against what I thought. That direction is really really good. I was impressed. So if you like these kind of movies, this is an absolute recommendation. Go check it out.:thumbsup:

dj_honda
07-25-2005, 02:51 PM
i agree. good movie, but its set in 2019, not 2090. LOTS of product placement though.

scarlett = :drool: :drool: :drool:

shakalaka
07-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda
i agree. good movie, but its set in 2019, not 2090. LOTS of product placement though.

scarlett = :drool: :drool: :drool:

Well yea I heard 19 or 90, kinda sound the same. O yea, I forgot to mention that. Scarlett Johanssen looks FLYYY in that movie!!drool: :drool: :drool: Yea I agree product placement is crazy, but that what makes it even better. Very nice direction.

kiwi
07-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Lot's of nice cars in the movie too!

urbannomad
07-25-2005, 03:19 PM
wtf was this like a huge logo advertisement movie or what! the movie was great, no doubt about that, and yes scarlett is beautiful. but there were some good scenes. the action was really intense i did enjoy it. and it had nice twists.:thumbsup: worth watching it, so say ebert and roeper ;)

AznDragon2004
07-25-2005, 04:34 PM
This movie was better than I thought. Worth the money!!!

kenny
07-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Very good movie! Went to see it yesterday and thought the story was pretty cool. Also helps that Jordan 2 Delta was h0000000t! haha.

dj_honda
07-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Very good movie! Went to see it yesterday and thought the story was pretty cool. Also helps that Jordan 2 Delta was h0000000t! haha.

*********SPOILER:

haha the scene in the bar was awesome!

"Hey Baby, whats your number!?"

"2 Delta!"

:rofl:

shakalaka
07-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

*********SPOILER:

haha the scene in the bar was awesome!

"Hey Baby, whats your number!?"

"2 Delta!"

:rofl:

ahhahah
That was awesome!!
And that part when the real Lincoln is like
"You are in for a huge surprise man"!!! (Talkin abt sex)!!!

In the Bar!
The whole part where the bartender is taking abt that guy taking a dump in the can is funny!!

dj_honda
07-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

ahhahah
That was awesome!!
And that part when the real Lincoln is like
"You are in for a huge surprise man"!!! (Talkin abt sex)!!!

In the Bar!
The whole part where the bartender is taking abt that guy taking a dump in the can is funny!!

Haha yes! That part, and any part with Steve Buscemi was so funny....for example when hes looking through his closet. Its like the perfect amount of comic relief.

JAYMEZ
07-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Pretty good movie , not best this summer , but good..

Thing that bugged me the most was the cars ...

soupey
07-25-2005, 07:03 PM
mann i thot it was way too slow, they spent way too much time at the beginning introducing every aspect of how the clones were treated, i thot it was too slow, but once the action part got goin it got alot better, altho i thot it cudve used alot more funny parts, the best part of it was in the bar when the girl got drunk, other than that there werent many funny parts at all...

but it wasnt terrible or anything, i jus thot it didnt have enough comedic moments, and they took a long time to get to the action...

izzoblitzo
07-25-2005, 07:13 PM
That movie was product placement heaven! puma shoes, GM, Dodge, Aquafina, Nokia... I wonder how much Cadilac (GM) had to shell out for the 10 second discription of their Cien? sportscar or whatever.. :eek:

Wildcat
07-25-2005, 08:48 PM
really? it was good?? hmm i heard it was a piece of shit. well now im tempted to go see it, ill go in with low hopes.

hockeybronx
07-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Yeah I saw it on Saturday night, I thought it was pretty good.

For the first bit I had no idea where the movie was going to go but towards the end things got pretty good.

And yeah, Scarlett Johansson is a pretty fine lookin lady as well:D

The EquAzn
07-26-2005, 02:55 PM
I thought it sucked, too much product placement.

I liked the first hour, then didn't care about the rest - first time in a movie I've got up to pee without waiting for a slow part.

just my opinion though.

Fluidic
07-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Honestly, I don't understand why people hate things for such a minor exasperation as "product placement". Looks like you guys are just BARELY able to find something wrong with the movie, in turn you bitch about a few logos and products here and there.

OMG!!! The world is coming to a fucking end, I saw a logo that I recognize in a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drama: :whocares: :drama: :whocares:

---- Good movie. Go see it! :thumbsup:

Phy
07-27-2005, 09:37 AM
It got pretty blatant in some parts though - like where the one guy picks up the future beer, with the logo always turned towards the camera, just like a beer commercial. Half expected him to say "Light, refreshing. Try Michelob!" It's bad enough that we pay $10 to see a movie, and get a raft of ads before the previews, do there have to be ads during the movie too?

Anyway, Future Chrysler must be pretty damn pleased with the 300, if the cops are still using it as a cruiser 14 years after its introduction. :D

Good movie, otherwise - a lot like The Rock, in that it felt just a bit smarter than the average action flick.

Primer_Drift
07-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Excellent movie IMO. Had a 6th day, Brave new world kinda feel to it.
Just don't think too much when you are watching it..

*** SPOLIERS***
No one can die from falling off a skyscraper. :dunno:

Escaped 3-4yr old clones had 10X the learning capacity of the average american. (IMO)

Found it odd that "Jones" knew the women were pregnant had special Island priority as did good looking females as "breeders", but Lincoln had no idea what sex was? Maybe he was just stupid and didn't catch on to the whole "repopulate the earth" thing?

The disgruntled clone from the elevator scene was supposedly killed off in his room, but for some reason it appeared he was still alive in the end scene when all the clones were escaping (beside the bounty hunter for a few seconds) WHY WONT HE DIE!?!

haha but yeah good movie:clap:

sputnik
07-27-2005, 12:40 PM
rottentomatoes.com has it listed at 41%

i think i will rent it instead of spending $20 to see it in the theatres.

Akagi Redsuns
07-27-2005, 01:09 PM
I enjoyed it and was good to watch on the big screen. At times the camera was just way too shaky was complaint. Scarlett looked so good though....never liked her that much in her other movies.

hockeybronx
07-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
rottentomatoes.com has it listed at 41%

i think i will rent it instead of spending $20 to see it in the theatres.

Yeah, but Rotten Tomatoes also has Ladder 49 rated at a 43%:banghead: :banghead: :guns:

soupey
07-27-2005, 09:45 PM
did i mention that i only saw ONE dark colored guy in the whole movie:rofl:

?????
07-27-2005, 09:52 PM
I guess either the football player was white or the bounty hunter was white? :dunno:

hockeybronx
07-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ?????
I guess either the football player was white or the bounty hunter was white? :dunno:

:confused: x10,000

soupey
07-28-2005, 05:56 PM
the football player was, never saw a single other black guy...

shakalaka
07-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by soupey
the football player was, never saw a single other black guy...

What about that Army dude? The one who was chasing them down all the time?

soupey
07-28-2005, 06:47 PM
no no, in the actual clone underground facility thing^.

well even wit that guy...thats only 2, while there were atleast 300 other random characters.... lol

kiwi
07-28-2005, 10:51 PM
did i mention that i only saw ONE dark colored guy in the whole movie:rofl:

There were at least two! :confused:

shakalaka
07-29-2005, 12:08 AM
no no, in the actual clone underground facility thing^.

well even wit that guy...thats only 2, while there were atleast 300 other random characters.... lol

oooo hahah Yea i guess I get your point. Thats true only 1 clone thats for sure.

Impreza
07-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Scarlett is GORGEOUS!

Kamen
08-06-2005, 01:47 AM
I just got back from it and all I can say is WOW. Much better than I thought and I thorougly enjoyed it.

Sure, it did have it's crappy moments or questionable plot holes but for some reason I was able to overlook all those.

This movie has to be the Product Placement King this year...

shakalaka
08-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Kamen
I just got back from it and all I can say is WOW. Much better than I thought and I thorougly enjoyed it.

Sure, it did have it's crappy moments or questionable plot holes but for some reason I was able to overlook all those.

This movie has to be the Product Placement King this year...
WORD! Deffinately!! I have noticed one thing, If you go in movies with low hopes you return happy. And if you go in with high hopes and all excites, its mostly the other way around. I watched Wedding Crashers the other day, I had a lots of expectations from that movie, but nothing of that sort came true. It was a decent movie, but nothing like I expected. Going to watch The Dukes of Hazzard in couple of days time, prolly gonna go with low expectations.
However, yeap The Island was an awesome movie for sure. The direction was sickening, all that bombing, and product placement and everything. It was freaking better then any other movie this year.

asp integra
08-14-2005, 06:07 PM
this was an intense movie, the car chase scenes were absolutely crazy, like they part where they are throwing off the rail car wheel at the follow cops/bad guys, it was intense, plus scarlett is always nice to look at!

old&slow
08-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Scarlett is GORGEOUS!

Yes...Yes she is.
Her and that Elisha Cutberth get my blood running!!

eblend
08-15-2005, 10:57 AM
awsome movie, but product placement is crazy thats for sure, but hell who cares movie still good. Watched that along with deuce bigalow and Wedding crashers, wedding crashers is awsome, bigalow hell don't even rent just download

Gurpy
08-16-2005, 02:30 AM
I thought it was awesome...surprised me, I expected it to be AWFUL from watching the trailer.

aln
08-17-2005, 10:18 PM
loved the part where they were being chased by the dodge magnum hemi's. effects were great...one part i didn't get though. so did the infection or w/e make them lose their memory or something?

Kamen
08-18-2005, 12:40 AM
What? They are clones...they were bred in those plastic bubbles till adult age and then released and have pre-programmed memories...there was no contamination..that was just a lie to make the clones aka insurance policies more compliant...

aln
08-18-2005, 01:33 PM
thanks for clearing that up for me :thumbsup:

dANK
08-18-2005, 01:59 PM
man it seemed like this movie fell off the map... i remember all these commercials for it and now i havent seen one.. i dont think it got as many viewers as they thought they would, .. but it seems like a lot of you guys enjoyed it... i guess ill have to chose between that and duece Bigilo :p

djayz
08-21-2005, 01:46 AM
yah it did sorta not do well in the box office
but holy shit! this movie is so awesome
if you dont like the story line who gives it a shit its worth the 13 just for the action and the cars...plus scarlett:drool:

even if you dont like the action the story line is pretty good....makes you think what goes on in area 51 no?