PDA

View Full Version : Customs/Boarder help please

AllGoNoShow
07-25-2005, 11:47 PM
Alight guys, buddy at work is stressin out cause no one can give him the right answers, so I am in need of a Phone # to contact someone about this issue.

14 years ago he was conviced of B&E and somethign else, underage to add to it. Aparantly since 911 it has been abit harder for him to comphrehend the fact it was 14 years ago, and he thinks there might still be an issue.

has anyone had the same issue and stil have the # kicking around? He's been to the airport and a few other places with no luck on a firm answer so far.

He's bought his family tickets and the rest of his family has bought their tickets to disneyland, and now he is flipping out because he might not be able to get down there via Plane.

Let me know guys, thanks!

Ben
07-26-2005, 12:09 AM
well he'll need to talk to a lawyer about getting a pardon.

Best would be to run a security background check at the RCMP office on 16th avenue and speak to them about that,

AllGoNoShow
07-26-2005, 12:11 AM
I'll let him know, but I mean, 14 years ago??? Do they care if its that long ago? He was a stupid kid back then, now he has a family and job and kids, tons of have changed in 14 years.

Ben
07-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
I'll let him know, but I mean, 14 years ago??? Do they care if its that long ago? He was a stupid kid back then, now he has a family and job and kids, tons of have changed in 14 years.

Yep, thats life tho when you make a mistake.

Generally that stuff is wiped clean on your 18th bday, but may have fell through the cracks.

I'm sure he;s changed and is a fine upstanding citizen now, so like I said, best would be to check in at the RCMP office on 16th

AllGoNoShow
07-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Yah, I'll send him that way, got the exact address by any chance?

Ben
07-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Nah, but it's 16th avenue heading west, after coming up that hill from deerfoot trail, it's like your second right after going up the hill. Cant miss it

AllGoNoShow
07-26-2005, 12:30 AM
k thanks bud :)

Phuqu
07-26-2005, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't worry about it.

Don't mention anything when you cross. Answer them truthfully if you are asked. More than likely they won't even ask. If your travelling with your family I wouldn't worry.

As for a pardon it will take a year or two to get that.

Don't sweat it. Really.

AllGoNoShow
07-26-2005, 12:34 AM
It isn't me, and he is the dad of the family, so its not like they can just ask his mom or something.

Hopefully nothing will come of it.