PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Problems

5hift
07-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Last Weds, while in the middle of my shoulder workout, I felt a pop in my shoulder while doing lateral raises. It felt a bit uncomfortalbe and every time I did a rep I felt that pop, but stupid me ignored it because it didnt hurt. Anyways, I finished the workout and forgot about it. Over the weekend I was a bit sore but didnt think much of it. Yesterday (Mon) I did my usual chest workout and the entire time was uncomfortable and hurt a bit. All of last night and this morning , its been sore and kind of painful but not to the point where it really bothers me. Today is legs day so I'm not worried about that, but I dont want to mess up my shoulder as a lot of people I know have.

I was wondering if anyone had any stretches or exercises that could help or knew if this should be something I should be taking some extended time off from lifting over.

gggunit
07-26-2005, 12:06 PM
its prob your rotar cuff .. maybe even a tear..you need to warm up properly .. Happened to me few years back.. my shoulder hasnt been the same ever since.. even golfing it gets sore..

http://www.thefitnessedge.cc/sites/c1be8c71-f527-4bd1-9245-f42da52ba5da/media/7%20Tips%20to%20Immediately%20Reduce%20Rotator%20Cuff%20Pain.pdf

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=127&topcategory=Shoulder

JAYMEZ
07-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Yah happened to me when I was younger , defiantly start warming up better , you may look dumb , but do some mat warm ups , hold your arm and bend it and try and grab it with the other arm going behind your back.

My shoulder still makes a nasty sound everytime i rotate it. ( Most of it is from Football)

EnRich
07-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Ice it at night... and I would stay off chest and shoulder for a week or two.... Mines never been the same either...

mac_82
07-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Ya I hurt my shoulder a couple of years ago from hockey and rugby. Now if I dont warm it up I can feel the clicking when I do weights, and have never been able to do heavy shoulder weights since, but chest is fine.

For warm ups I do lots of windmills, forward and backward rotation. Also I do the movements of the weighted exercises I will be doing with no weights, just to get my shoulder used to the motion before I add weight, then do a set with light weights.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Tyler883
07-26-2005, 10:38 PM
If I remember correctly, joint or tendon pain is not the kind of pain that you "work past it". You might be able to work past a charley horse or a pulled muscle, but these kind of injuries need rest to heal.

I'd take it easy on the shoulder whenever it acts up, if machines hurt but dumbells don't, then stay with the dumbells.

I have a bad shoulder from a dirt bike accident, if I ignore it, it gets worse, if it gets worse, it takes longer to recover....so I always try to listen to the first warnings of pain.

pinoyhero
07-28-2005, 06:32 PM
If you have good medical coverage go get it checked out, guessing on diagonsis and treatment will never yeild as good results. Go get it checked out, repaied and thenget back in the gym.